Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Please Don't!
(04-26-2016, 01:08 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: If Nkemdiche can get his act together I could see him being a very very good player. He is pretty damn dumb tho. Who is oblivious enough to let the fan of an opposing team take a picture of you hitting a bong? I guess the guy then posted the pic on twitter. Funny stuff really, as long as it aint here Smirk .

Yeah, the guy definately doesn't have the I.Q. of Kevin Zeitler or anything...

But all i care about is if he can stop the run and rush the passer. We only got one DT that can do both well.

(04-26-2016, 01:10 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Burfict was dumb enough to fail a drug screen at the combine, so there is some hope for Nkemdiche, but no way he goes in the first round.

Geunther always speaks of Burfict's football smarts, but he did have some problems.

Happy they are behind Burfict most likely. I wouldn't take Ndumbdouche in the first for sure. Trade back and get him i would be fine with.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2016, 11:21 PM)Stormborn Wrote: Yeah the only guy I absolutely don't want is Fuller, which is fruitless because he's a favorite.

Same here. Fuller is the only guy I don't care for, but Lap has thrown his name around for us, so I'm prepared for him to be the pick.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
Here's two that no one talked about that I think aren't going to be good at all:

Reggie Ragland
Eli Apple

I don't like either of those prospects. Ragland is going to be a 2 down linebacker in only running situations and be terrible in coverage. I don't even understand the love for him outside of big hits and hitting one gap.

Apple is extremely raw. He doesn't mirror that well and grabs an awful lot. You think Kirkpatrick gets flagged a lot, Apple is going to be flagged as much if not more. His draft status is based off of measureables and potential.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2016, 05:08 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: Here's two that no one talked about that I think aren't going to be good at all:

Reggie Ragland
Eli Apple

I don't like either of those prospects. Ragland is going to be a 2 down linebacker in only running situations and be terrible in coverage. I don't even understand the love for him outside of big hits and hitting one gap.

Apple is extremely raw. He doesn't mirror that well and grabs an awful lot. You think Kirkpatrick gets flagged a lot, Apple is going to be flagged as much if not more. His draft status is based off of measureables and potential.

I'm not a fan of Apple just from the little I saw of him at Ohio State.   He's got fine athleticism but he always seemed to make bone headed decisions.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Leonard Floyd. Top 10 projections are so risky for him. He wasn't as effective as Jarvis Jones and we see how that's worked out so far. Not enough skill to overcome the lack of bulk on the line, and not effective enough to play off.

I think Ramsey could struggle early in his career...and he could end up either like Patrick Peterson, or go the way of Morris Claiborne.

Dodd doesn't seem too bad, but I wouldn't pull the trigger in the 1st. The sudden jump in production is suspect, and doesn't have great speed...played for a good D opposite another great end...For the Bengals, I think we need a bona fide right end like Ogbah or Lawson.
Reply/Quote
I hope the Bengals make a good pick at 24. Wait, Flopzel was picked by the Browns at 24 a few years ago. This means crappy players may still be on the board. lol
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2016, 11:08 AM)guyofthetiger Wrote: I hope the Bengals make a good pick at 24. Wait, Flopzel was picked by the Browns at 24 a few years ago. This means crappy players may still be on the board. lol

I don't see as many red flag guys rated to be 1st round picks and after round 1 I think pick #55 and picks beyond are a crap shoot so I don't get very torn up about them. #1 pick I hope we don't reach for J. Smith, I love him and would love the pick in round 3, but to risky before then. I would prefer a DT over a WR if Treadwell and Doctson are gone.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
I'm going to add Treadwell to my list now too.  Way to slow and his injury history is yet another red flag. 
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
(04-26-2016, 09:27 PM)3wt Wrote: I'm not a fan of Apple just from the little I saw of him at Ohio State.   He's got fine athleticism but he always seemed to make bone headed decisions.  

Reminds me of a taller Justin Gilbert but more raw
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2016, 03:00 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: I'm going to add Treadwell to my list now too.  Way to slow and his injury history is yet another red flag. 

40 time is a non factor, his game isn't about speed, it is Anquan Boldin esque. Using strength and power to get open and fight for yards he will be fine. Been plenty of good WRs with his time and worse. As for his injury history it was a fluke injury based on how he was tackled. It was a bone injury not a ligament and therefor should have no issue going forward.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2016, 03:53 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: Reminds me of a taller Justin Gilbert but more raw

Even worse, he can't cook. Mellow
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2016, 03:55 PM)Au165 Wrote: 40 time is a non factor, his game isn't about speed, it is Anquan Boldin esque. Using strength and power to get open and fight for yards he will be fine. Been plenty of good WRs with his time and worse. As for his injury history it was a fluke injury based on how he was tackled. It was a bone injury not a ligament and therefor should have no issue going forward.

Exactly, Boldin is who I always compare him to. 

Seems like everybody wanted us to sign Boldin this year at age 35, but over a decade ago (im sure hes not as fast now as he once was) he ran a 4.7ish 40 yard dash. Boldin is slower than Treadwell, but for some reason people keep going crazy about his 40 time. Boldin put together a fine career, and I definitely think looking back he was worth a 1st rounder. 
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2016, 11:21 PM)Stormborn Wrote: Yeah the only guy I absolutely don't want is Fuller, which is fruitless because he's a favorite.

agree 100%....Fuller is Cordarelle Patterson 2.0 ask the Vikings how that's worked out.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2016, 05:29 PM)ShowMeUrTDs Wrote: agree 100%....Fuller is Cordarelle Patterson 2.0 ask the Vikings how that's worked out.

No, not even a close comparison.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2016, 05:41 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: No, not even a close comparison.

All speed, athleticism, and no hands!! Yeah, pretty close.
Reply/Quote
Patterson returned kicks at least Lol,I think he has a bigger body and not as fast as fuller.
Reply/Quote
Mayock has us taking Fuller in round 1

Here is his analysis

"Fuller has legit speed. He's a bit raw and not a natural pass catcher. He'll be a polarizing player like the Panthers' Ted Ginn. In other words, he'll have a couple drops, but then be able to spring a big play. "

that is one SCARY comparison. lol
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2016, 04:09 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: This thread is somewhere to post about positions or players that you don't want to see drafted in the 1st round.

Maybe there are red flags that you can bring to our attention, or maybe you just have a bad feeling about a certain player/position to take.

I'm gonna start with Will Fuller. I keep seeing him getting slotted to us in various drafts. It almost seems like a desperation pick in most scenarios, because receivers like Doctson and Treadwell have already been taken. I propose that if Fuller is the "best available receiver" that we don't touch him. I just have a hunch about this guy.. which could be completely wrong, but please don't! No reason to jump the gun on a receiver because some of the better ones are off the board!

Who would make you go Sick  on day one if chosen?

I know a lot of people like Fuller as the pick for us due to his speed and other prospects being off the board. I love the idea of getting a speed guy, I think we have all wanted one for awhile now, especially 1st round quality.

My qualm with the pick is that he would be the 4th best receiver off the board (depending on who you ask) and his actual value may not be commiserate with the draft position. However, if there is no chance he will be there for us in round 2 then I can see the argument being made to go ahead and get your guy.

I know there is a lot of hate for Bodine around here (there is always going to be a weak link) but I don't see it in the tea leaves that we are ready to give up on him yet to the point of drafting a center in round one. I just don't like the idea of an interior o-line pick at 1.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2016, 12:13 AM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Mayock has us taking Fuller in round 1

Here is his analysis

"Fuller has legit speed. He's a bit raw and not a natural pass catcher. He'll be a polarizing player like the Panthers' Ted Ginn. In other words, he'll have a couple drops, but then be able to spring a big play. "

that is one SCARY comparison. lol

He provides a relatively accurate comparison (not entirely because Ginn is a returner too) towards a prospect that signifies he isn't a first round player, and continue to place him in the first?

Unless Mayock believes Ginn was worth that pick...
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2016, 04:09 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: This thread is somewhere to post about positions or players that you don't want to see drafted in the 1st round.

Maybe there are red flags that you can bring to our attention, or maybe you just have a bad feeling about a certain player/position to take.

I'm gonna start with Will Fuller. I keep seeing him getting slotted to us in various drafts. It almost seems like a desperation pick in most scenarios, because receivers like Doctson and Treadwell have already been taken. I propose that if Fuller is the "best available receiver" that we don't touch him. I just have a hunch about this guy.. which could be completely wrong, but please don't! No reason to jump the gun on a receiver because some of the better ones are off the board!

Who would make you go Sick  on day one if chosen?

I have to agree with you 100%
Reply/Quote