Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Please tell me Nick Vigil won't be starting in 2018.
(02-25-2018, 03:15 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: If that's the case, he probably hates us.   Hilarious

If your talking MB, he's always hated us, just wanted the revenue coming in. 

If your talking Nick? We'll, he probably masks himself as a steeler fan here. LOL... 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Vigil is starting in the wrong LB position IMO. He lacks the ability to get off blocks, which is bad for a SAM. He belongs at WILL ideally. Kind of the problem with current Bengals LBs. All need to be free-flowing to be effective.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(02-25-2018, 03:22 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Vigil is starting in the wrong LB position IMO. He lacks the ability to get off blocks, which is bad for a SAM. He belongs at WILL ideally. Kind of the problem with current Bengals LBs. All need to be free-flowing to be effective.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Interesting. Maybe your right?

Reply/Quote
(02-25-2018, 12:53 PM)TheUberHuber Wrote: Marvin drafted spikes?

No, he didn't...but the comment was "Marvin and Co" in reference to needing to change their approach to not drafting LBs early.  And my post showed that Marvin and company have, in fact, drafted plenty of LBs early, with very limited success.  

And, FWIW, Marvin doesn't draft the players anyways.  The Bengal's GM has been Mike Brown for some time, and in reality, it is a combination of Mike, Marvin, Katie, and Troy that ultimately decide who they wish to draft.  
Reply/Quote
(02-25-2018, 12:18 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: You mean like Spikes, Simmons, Rivers, Pollack, Thurman, and Maualuga?  If anything, you could argue the team has had more success when they didn't draft first round LBs.  

Spikes = Great player

Simmons =  Very good player

Rivers =  Unfortunate situation with broken jaw.

Pollack =  Very good, unfortunate broken neck.

Thurman =  Great player, train wreck of a human.

Maualuga =  Average to sometimes good player, many years of steady run stopping.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Last year in the "surprise cuts" thread my pick was Vigil. Perhaps I was just one year early.

BTW, guess who the Bengal's annual LB signing will be this year and I'll tell you when you're right.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
The only way you can justify starting Vigil or Evans is someone being injured or Burf getting another suspension. Maybe they’ll develop into starters mid season or at some point in their careers but right now we need to either sign yet another temporary vet LB or draft one high. It really depends on how they go about adjusting the O-Line bc imo our biggest weaknesses are OL, LB, S, and at some point QB
Who Dey!!!

Reply/Quote
(02-25-2018, 04:53 PM)TSwigZ Wrote: The only way you can justify starting Vigil or Evans is someone being injured or Burf getting another suspension. Maybe they’ll develop into starters mid season or at some point in their careers but right now we need to either sign yet another temporary vet LB or draft one high. It really depends on how they go about adjusting the O-Line bc imo our biggest weaknesses are OL, LB, S, and at some point QB

Evans was making great strides at the end of last season. The more playing time he gets, I think he has the potential to be a solid starter for us..... we'll see....
Reply/Quote
(02-24-2018, 10:50 PM)treee Wrote: The same thing they saw/see in Rex Burkhead, Brian Leonard, and Alex Ericson LOL

Actually, all 3 of those guys are/were pretty damn good. Every year there are players who exceed expectations and there are players who fall short and players who get no hype or lots of it regardless of skin color.

I think Vigil will end up being a very good player for the Bengals. None of the LBs have been kicking ass, other than Burfict. But even he had some crap games last season. Lapham loves both Vigil AND Evans so I'm still on the wait and see fence.
Reply/Quote
(02-25-2018, 04:52 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Last year in the "surprise cuts" thread my pick was Vigil. Perhaps I was just one year early.

BTW, guess who the Bengal's annual LB signing will be this year and I'll tell you when you're right.

Tahir Whitehead.
[Image: Untitleddfcopycopycopycopy_zps872b23c3.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-25-2018, 08:47 PM)Lawless_1 Wrote: Tahir Whitehead.

Perhaps, but I was thinking of a former first-rounder that has had some off field issues 

Reply/Quote
(02-25-2018, 09:00 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Perhaps, but I was thinking of a former first-rounder that has had some off field issues 

I'd love to see Rueben Foster in a Bengals uniform!

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(02-25-2018, 09:00 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Perhaps, but I was thinking of a former first-rounder that has had some off field issues 

Brian Cushing 
Reply/Quote
(02-25-2018, 09:12 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Brian Cushing 

Didn't he retire?

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(02-25-2018, 09:12 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Brian Cushing 

Bingo. Rey's former teammate at USC, former first rounder, reclamation project. past his prime. 

Reply/Quote
(02-25-2018, 09:15 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Didn't he retire?
Nope, cut. Won't hurt us in comp pick equation. 

Reply/Quote
(02-25-2018, 09:15 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Didn't he retire?
Nope, cut. Won't hurt us in comp pick equation. 

Reply/Quote
(02-25-2018, 09:21 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Nope, cut. Won't hurt us in comp pick equation. 

Did he retract his Instagram announcement?

http://dailycaller.com/2018/02/21/brian-cushing-retirement-announcement/

Quote:For some reason you always think this day will never come. You wish you could play forever and never have to worry about not wearing that jersey again. Anyone who says that “it’s just a game,” is full of shit. This is my lifestyle, my profession, my heart and soul. There wasn’t a day in 9 years I didn’t thank God for allowing me to compete as a Texan. You can say a lot of things about me, but I left it all out there every single Sunday. I would do anything to try and be out there for the fans and my teammates. It’s the ultimate team game where you have to love and trust all 11 guys on the field that their intention is to win and not let each other down. Thank you Houston for embracing me like a son from day 1. From getting married here to having both our boys born here. We couldn’t have asked for a better place to experience both of those life changing moments. It was the toughest yet best 9 years of my life. Thank you to the Mcnair family for drafting me here and changing my life forever. I could not have asked for better ownership, a family that truly cares about their players. Thank you to Rick Smith and Coach Kubiak for originally bringing me here and helping me grow up both on and off the field. Thank you Coach O’Brien and Brian Gaine for allowing me to continue to live out my dream. I apologize I wasn’t able to bring a super bowl to Houston, but I can tell you they are not far off. Once again thank you for an incredible 9 years and memories that will last a lifetime.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(02-25-2018, 09:46 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Did he retract his Instagram announcement?

http://dailycaller.com/2018/02/21/brian-cushing-retirement-announcement/

We'll see, That seems like he's just saying goodbye to Houston. 

Reply/Quote
(02-25-2018, 09:18 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Bingo. Rey's former teammate at USC, former first rounder, reclamation project. past his prime. 

Certainly fits the Bengals mold. Haven’t watched him much recently to know what he still has, but then again with the suspension I guess no one has really watched him much recently lol
Reply/Quote