Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A first happened for me today...
(03-06-2018, 10:26 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: I don't mind the idea of being an elected official, I just don't want to run. It's not that I'm ashamed of anything, I own up to my mistakes in life and see them as learning experiences. I just hate fundraising and as an introvert I get exhausted schmoozing. I know how, I just get worn down doing it.

This guy is connected with a lot of local politicians. He helped run a campaign for another teacher who became a state delegate and has aspirations to eventually go from school board to the state legislature. He has said that if that eventually happens, he'd be supporting me if I wanted to then run for BOE. 

Like you, I'm introverted and that's just not for me. 

My wheelhouse is running his social media, talking to people at their doors, writing his policy positions, doing opposition research, reviewing legislation, etc. 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(03-06-2018, 11:14 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: I have to say, though, you and others do make it a bit harder. LOL

Good.

- Now next man up, set this guy straight.
(03-06-2018, 10:41 AM)GMDino Wrote: That's awesome....and that's sad that you don't want to do it because you understand the policies and issues.  We need more people like that. 

And my wife says I flirt...I say I'm being nice.  But she also still thinks some other woman wants a fat, gray haired, middle aged guy with two kids and a mortgage!  LMAO!

havent you heard that the "dad bod" is in right now??
People suck
(03-06-2018, 03:58 PM)Griever Wrote: havent you heard that the "dad bod" is in right now??

I've heard such things...I reject it based on my life!  Cool
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(03-06-2018, 03:58 PM)Griever Wrote: havent you heard that the "dad bod" is in right now??

Yeah and wedding rings attract women.  LIARS!
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(03-06-2018, 10:41 AM)GMDino Wrote: That's awesome....and that's sad that you don't want to do it because you understand the policies and issues.  We need more people like that. 

And my wife says I flirt...I say I'm being nice.  But she also still thinks some other woman wants a fat, gray haired, middle aged guy with two kids and a mortgage!  LMAO!

Yeah my wife will act jealous sometimes and I'll tell her that I appreciate the confidence in me, but have you looked at me lately?
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall