Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PnR Fantasy League
(07-20-2015, 12:28 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: Hey, if most of the guys want a standard draft with 12, you can take me back off.
I was only in IF you went over 12.
If it changes the dynamic, there's no reason to go over that number.
ThumbsUp

I'm sure another will volunteer to make us 14
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(07-20-2015, 09:27 AM)6andcounting Wrote: I feel like we have to make it an auction draft with this many teams, but

[Image: kermit-the-frog-in-lipton-017.jpg]

(07-20-2015, 09:34 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I agree, other wise who ever picks 12-16 gets dicked in round 1.

edit: Eff it, we're doing auction. With this many teams, it'll make it the most fair.

No worries, I'm already in another league,  I'll still play if ya need me to round out the numbers.  No biggie if ya don't. ThumbsUp
If you are going to do Auction, I will try it, I've never been in one of those before.
But if you lose someone and want to do std, then you can take me back off.
(07-20-2015, 07:36 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: If you are going to do Auction, I will try it, I've never been in one of those before.
But if you lose someone and want to do std, then you can take me back off.

Cool, PM me your email.

If it goes down as an auction, I assume one has to be present at the draft ?
Or... are there settings to rank players and salaries ?
I would play.

Don't deny yourself the foreign experience.
(07-21-2015, 01:48 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: If it goes down as an auction, I assume one has to be present at the draft ?
Or... are there settings to rank players and salaries ?

I think you can rank them if you're unable to be present. But I don't remember ever doing one, so I dunno. 
(07-21-2015, 02:25 PM)Benton Wrote: I think you can rank them if you're unable to be present. But I don't remember ever doing one, so I dunno. 

This will be interesting . I have never tried an auction draft before.
Auctions drafts aren't scary or difficult to do. You can bid on every pick so no boring 15 minute waits between picks. You can actually build your team as opposed to just taking BPA every time it's your turn.
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
(07-21-2015, 03:06 PM)6andcounting Wrote: Auctions drafts aren't scary or difficult to do. You can bid on every pick so no boring 15 minute waits between picks. You can actually build your team as opposed to just taking BPA every time it's your turn.

That does sound a lot more interesting than the drafts I'm used to. 
Have we decided what we're doing and what the scoring format will be?
I'd at least like to know the scoring system. IE 3,4,5,6 points for passing TD's etc.. so I can start placing appropriate values to players. :)

Or is it too soon??
6 points per TD (passing, receiving, rushing)
No IDP
2 RBs, 3 WR, 1 Flex (R/W/T)

Standard Lineup shows
1 QB
2 RB
3 WR
1 TE
1 Def
1 PK
Is the Flex spot extra?

How many total roster spots?
Salary Cap amount (how much starting $$ do we get to spend)?

Sorry to be a pain, just trying to figure this out.
(07-30-2015, 01:29 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Standard Lineup shows
1 QB
2 RB
3 WR
1 TE
1 Def
1 PK
Is the Flex spot extra?

How many total roster spots?
Salary Cap amount (how much starting $$ do we get to spend)?

Sorry to be a pain, just trying to figure this out.

Flex is extra. 6 bench spots, so 16 roster spots. With 14 players, it'll go deep. It'll also punish you for spending too much too soon.

$200 for the auction, $200 for bidding on free agents during the season.

(07-30-2015, 01:37 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Flex is extra. 6 bench spots, so 16 roster spots. With 14 players, it'll go deep. It'll also punish you for spending too much too soon.

$200 for the auction, $200 for bidding on free agents during the season.

Is the FA thing the same thing as waiver wire pickups, just with the player going to the highest bidder at the end of the week instead of whoever is highest on the list?
(07-30-2015, 01:43 PM)6andcounting Wrote: Is the FA thing the same thing as waiver wire pickups, just with the player going to the highest bidder at the end of the week instead of whoever is highest on the list?

Yep. It's fun.

(07-30-2015, 12:42 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: 6 points per TD (passing, receiving, rushing)
No IDP
2 RBs, 3 WR, 1 Flex (R/W/T)

6 points for passing TDs? Manziel might break 25 points on the season with that type of scoring.
(07-30-2015, 01:45 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Yep. It's fun.
More strategy and more control the build the team you want - I like it.
Did the number of people ever get squared away ?
(07-30-2015, 02:33 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: Did the number of people ever get squared away ?

6 have signed up. 4 emails were sent.

At this point, we have enough, but I'm willing to send out 4 more emails if I get requests.