Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Points!
(07-10-2021, 12:33 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: But which part of his game was so much better after 2019? He gave up 1 fewer total pressure, though he did go from 10 sacks given up to 6. His pressure and sack numbers were 12th and 3rd most in 2018 and they improved to 14th and 15th most in 2019. That's out of 62/61 tackles that played at least 50% of snaps in each year. He basically went from 15th percentile to 23rd percentile.

It's an improvement, but not so much that he showed any real promise.  

I need to see these stats.  

Maybe it is because you are using totals instead of "per snap" but I don't believe that Harts 6 sacks allowed in 1000 snaps played was anywhere near 47th out of 62.

The PFF "Pass Blocking Efficiency" rating measures pressure allowed on a per-snap basis with weighting toward sacks allowed.  In 2019 at 50% of max pass blocks (753) Hart was 28th out of 58 with a 96.7 efficiency.  What was his ranking in 2018?
Reply/Quote
I'd like to see the first 4 games of the season before hoping for anything.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(07-10-2021, 05:50 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I need to see these stats.  

Maybe it is because you are using totals instead of "per snap" but I don't believe that Harts 6 sacks allowed in 1000 snaps played was anywhere near 47th out of 62.

The PFF "Pass Blocking Efficiency" rating measures pressure allowed on a per-snap basis with weighting toward sacks allowed.  In 2019 at 50% of max pass blocks (753) Hart was 28th out of 58 with a 96.7 efficiency.  What was his ranking in 2018?

2018 he was 95.9, which was 49th out of 58 qualifiers. 

Here is his career. 

[Image: hart-tps.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(07-10-2021, 08:24 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: 2018 he was 95.9, which was 49th out of 58 qualifiers. 

So he improved from the 16th percentile to the 48th percentile.

Like I said all along, major improvement.

But unlike a lot of people around here I don't blindly defend or attack a player just because I like or dislike him.  I defended Hart when e improved, but not this year when he declined.  

One of the biggest problems I have with a lot of fans is their refusal to change their minds when a player really changes.  I remember when Andre Smith turned his career around and was one of the bets RTs in the league for a while.  There were still a bunch of people here who claimed he was trash.  They had invested so much in mocking him that they were not willing to admit he had improved dramatically.
Reply/Quote
(07-10-2021, 08:55 PM)fredtoast Wrote: So he improved from the 16th percentile to the 48th percentile.

Like I said all along, major improvement.

But unlike a lot of people around here I don't blindly defend or attack a player just because I like or dislike him.  I defended Hart when e improved, but not this year when he declined.  

One of the biggest problems I have with a lot of fans is their refusal to change their minds when a player really changes.  I remember when Andre Smith turned his career around and was one of the bets RTs in the league for a while.  There were still a bunch of people here who claimed he was trash.  They had invested so much in mocking him that they were not willing to admit he had improved dramatically.

I get it but Smith improved early in his career right after he got over the injuries. His worst year(s) were on par with Hart's best. 

I not denying improvement but it's like saying you're upgrading from shit for dinner to dirt. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(07-10-2021, 07:21 PM)Interceptor Wrote: I'd like to see the first 4 games of the season before hoping for anything.

You are on a Bengals Fan Message Board and that is your signature?

Banhammer twirling.....(WHOOSH  WHOOSH  WHOOSH).  We STILL need that emoji.  
Reply/Quote
(07-09-2021, 05:16 PM)TJ528 Wrote: The bad thing is I'm not asking that question as a smart ass.  

I'm asking that question because as a long time fan who obviously doesn't have rose color glasses I'm just wanting to understand what he does well.  

I'm guessing interviews well is a great response because otherwise he wouldn't have gotten this job.  

no serious answer he interviews well...  I dont see any other reason he has this job.
Reply/Quote
(07-11-2021, 12:29 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: You are on a Bengals Fan Message Board and that is your signature?

Like I've said before, it's getting harder and harder to tell Jungle Noise from Smack Talk.
Reply/Quote
(07-09-2021, 11:05 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: despite facing solid defenses like LA (Woo Hoo, I didn't say San Diego!)

For at least 3 seconds I thought "wait...we played the rams?"

(07-14-2021, 08:35 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Like I've said before, it's getting harder and harder to tell Jungle Noise from Smack Talk.

Meh, this place is pretty kind.  If you look at the gameday threads on most other message boards at least half of the posts are about how the starting QB orally pleasures men, or something completely pointless of that nature.

Hell, there is a Raiders board that has a 195 page thread that is called "F*** You Derek Carr." 
Reply/Quote
It really comes down to Burrow we moved the ball but did not score last year.. outside of Cleveland ( 6 passing TDS in 2 games) he was not good at scoring.. he had only 7 passing TDs in those other 8 games, as the franchise QB he has to do better at scoring for us to be successful... This was a clear difference between Herbert and Burrow last season.. both throw for a lot of yards but Herbert was much more potent in throwing TDS.. 67% of games he had 2 or more TDs.. Burrow was at 44% with throwing out Washington game that he got hurt.
Reply/Quote
(07-14-2021, 10:51 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: It really comes down to Burrow we moved the ball but did not score last year.. outside of Cleveland ( 6 passing TDS in 2 games) he was not good at scoring.. he had only 7 passing TDs in those other 8 games, as the franchise QB he has to do better at scoring for us to be successful... This was a clear difference between Herbert and Burrow last season.. both throw for a lot of yards but Herbert was much more potent in throwing TDS.. 67% of games he had 2 or more TDs.. Burrow was at 44% with throwing out Washington game that he got hurt.

That's why I think he'll be a bit better with Chase in there.  +6 points per game is what I'm expecting.  
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
(07-14-2021, 11:06 PM)EatonFan Wrote: That's why I think he'll be a bit better with Chase in there.  +6 points per game is what I'm expecting.  

well again we were in position to add plus 6 last year with the amount of yards we put up so really comes down to Burrow improving more to me than adding Chase.
Reply/Quote
(07-14-2021, 11:16 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: well again we were in position to add plus 6 last year with the amount of yards we put up so really comes down to Burrow improving more to me than adding Chase.

Combination of OL blocking, Chase being an upgrade over Green (not too hard when you looked at Green's #'s last year), and Burrow's experience level.
Reply/Quote
Hinges on the line.

Personally Im thinking bottom half. I think we start strong and as ol injuries add up, we fade away on offense.

But who knows. Maybe jonah plays more than half a season?
Reply/Quote
(07-15-2021, 12:22 AM)Benton Wrote: Hinges on the line.

Personally Im thinking bottom half. I think we start strong and as ol injuries add up, we fade away on offense.

But who knows. Maybe jonah plays more than half a season?

Here's to hoping!
Reply/Quote
(07-14-2021, 09:11 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Meh, this place is pretty kind.  If you look at the gameday threads on most other message boards at least half of the posts are about how the starting QB orally pleasures men, or something completely pointless of that nature.

Hell, there is a Raiders board that has a 195 page thread that is called "F*** You Derek Carr." 

I don't frequent other teams message boards, but that's hilarious..... Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(07-14-2021, 08:35 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Like I've said before, it's getting harder and harder to tell Jungle Noise from Smack Talk.

As far as me Sled, have i said anything that resembles Smack Talk?  Last time, I understood the definition of a message board, it was to discuss your teams strengths and weakness as a fan base.  Does everyone have to get along? nope.  Does everyone agree? nope and I'd never expect them to.  However, just because as someone who doesn't wear rose colored glass people think I'm pessimistic, I'm fine with that because at least this year will go one of 2 ways.  I'll be the realist who thinks this year is potentially a 5-6 win year if we have injuries because we lack depth or it'll be an 8-9 win year because we're healthy.   

I'll still cheer for the team like I normally do and I'm sure get pissed off over Zac's play calling or Lou's play calling but at the end of the day I want to see this team in the playoffs.  Hell my fondest memories of this team are the 1989 Super Bowl.  However, I'm not going to sit her and say oh yea our offensive line man, they're Top 10 in the NFL.  Pollack he's gonna make them this year a top 5 unit.  Watch Lou this year, our defensive will be Top 5 or 10 in the NFL.....yea sorry I'm not Jeff Hobson, I'm not gonna pump sunshine up your backside. 
Reply/Quote
(07-14-2021, 11:16 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: well again we were in position to add plus 6 last year with the amount of yards we put up so really comes down to Burrow improving more to me than adding Chase.

Better blocking, can hold the ball longer and wait for WR/TE to generate separation.

Better WRs that can more quickly generate separation.

Better depth at top tier WR that will create mismatches all over the field.

No matter how you slice it, Burrow will be better equipped to show the world what he can do with a solid roster this season.  Burrow's biggest weakness in his game last year was the deep ball, something he has acknowledged and placed an extra emphasis on this offseason.  I think Chase, his deep target at LSU that averaged a stunning 20 YPC, will also help this issue.
Reply/Quote
(07-11-2021, 12:29 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: You are on a Bengals Fan Message Board and that is your signature?

Yes, I was from the old board. Cool
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote

That's only because you hate Burrow.

Reply/Quote