Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Poland criminalizes accusing the country of complicity during the holocaust
(02-09-2018, 06:02 PM)GMDino Wrote: Someone secure enough in their own skin to live as a female (or male) is "fragile".  

So someone who won't hire that person because he's afraid of being sued for deliberately insulting them isn't fragile?

Cool story.

Unless the applicant is a no doubter. Then yes it’s not worth the risk.
(02-09-2018, 06:03 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Unless the applicant is a no doubter.   Then yes it’s not worth the risk.

You do realize that YOU are the risk in this scenario...right?
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(02-07-2018, 04:31 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: And I have problems with those laws as well. I have had long discussions with folks in Germany about some of their laws. I find their speech laws insane, they find our firearm laws insane. It's a fun discussion. Doesn't change what I said.

Also, that those countries are more liberal than us is true only in some regards. But that is a whole other thread.

Ha ha, ask your friends about this one--if you are in Germany arguing with a German in public, look at him, and tap your temple (Du hast 'n Vogel), you can be fined/prosecuted for public slander (oeffentliche Beleidigung).  Same for calling someone a bad name in public.  Americans, of course, find this very strange though some Germans will jump to it every chance they get.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(02-09-2018, 05:22 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Exactly.   Which is exactly why if the guy  demands to be called Jennifer then he better walk in as a producer.   That would be the only way I would take on that type of risk.    

But for normal employees..... not worth the risk.   Interview 101 ..... don’t bring your weird/controversial stuff to the table.

I guess you didn't realize you could be sued for discriminating hiring practices when people bringing their "weird/controversial stuff to the table".
(02-09-2018, 07:56 PM)RICHMONDBENGAL_07 Wrote: I guess you didn't realize you could be sued for discriminating hiring practices when people bringing their "weird/controversial stuff to the table".

Most applicants are close enough. Like I said if it was someone who was far advanced then I would put up with their weird stuff. At least as long as they made me money.

I run a small enough business most of that stuff doesn’t affect me. Plus I don’t believe not hiring someone for being gay or dressing up as the opposite sex is an actual crime here.
(02-09-2018, 05:34 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: I harass no one. I speak directly to everyone. I have minimal filter when it comes to things I deem as irrelevant nonsense. This pretending to be something you are not is irrelevant nonsense in my book. I have worked with transsexuals before, as vendors for us, outside of that I would not bring that nonsense to my business. If I did hire one it is because they kept their personal life private and came to work as a normal person. My employees can do whatever they wish in their private lives and if that means they want to wear a dress and sing it’s raining men then so be it:...

I do not dislike anyone. I just have an expectation for my employees. I am not here to be anyone’s counselor.

I didn't say you harass anyone. You're telling me it's too hard to not purposefully harass people. I disagree. It's easy not to.

Solid transphobic remarks, though.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(02-10-2018, 01:23 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I didn't say you harass anyone. You're telling me it's too hard to not purposefully harass people. I disagree. It's easy not to.

Yeah, you kinda did. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(02-10-2018, 01:31 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Yeah, you kinda did. 

Care to show me where? All I said was that it wasn't hard for anyone to not repeatedly and knowingly harass people by calling them the wrong name.

(02-10-2018, 01:33 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Care to show me where? All I said was that it wasn't hard for anyone to not repeatedly and knowingly harass people by calling them the wrong name.

Okey Doke. 

I suppose the arbitrary "anyone" in your statement had nobody in mind. 

(02-10-2018, 01:37 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Okey Doke. 

So that's a no?

(02-10-2018, 01:41 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: So that's a no?

Sure. I'll take you at your word that you had no one in mind.

(02-10-2018, 01:23 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I didn't say you harass anyone. You're telling me it's too hard to not purposefully harass people. I disagree. It's easy not to.

(02-10-2018, 01:31 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Yeah, you kinda did. 

(02-10-2018, 01:33 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Care to show me where? All I said was that it wasn't hard for anyone to not repeatedly and knowingly harass people by calling them the wrong name.

(02-10-2018, 01:37 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Okey Doke. 

Mellow

I suppose you didn't either?

(02-10-2018, 01:12 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Those that try too hard are cute and actually aid those they continually choose to hate. Fortunately, they think they are "doing something"

"arbitrary"
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(02-10-2018, 01:42 AM)bfine32 Wrote: I'll take you at your word that you had no one in mind.

When you don't have an agenda, it's pretty easy to follow a conversation with proper context.

(02-12-2018, 10:18 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote:  
When you don't have an agenda, it's pretty easy to follow a conversation with proper context.

Lord knows you never have an agenda when it’s comes to me and the transvestites topic. Lol