Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Police searching for Kansas City Chiefs player in connection to racing crash that inj
Police are searching for Kansas City Chiefs wide receiver Rashee Rice after a multi-car crash in Dallas that injured four people Saturday, according to Dallas police and Star-Telegram media partner WFAA.

A vehicle registered to or leased by Rice, who grew up in North Richland Hills and went to college at Southern Methodist University, was racing another vehicle when the crash happened, sources told WFAA.

Rice did not show up in a search of Dallas County jail records as of 3:30 p.m. Sunday.

Police would not confirm to the Star-Telegram whether one of the vehicles was registered to or leased by Rice.

The crash happened around 6:25 p.m. Saturday on North Central Expressway near University Boulevard, according to police. A Lamborghini and a Corvette were racing when the Lamborghini lost control, went into the left shoulder, hit the median wall and rebounded into the highway, causing a chain reaction.

The occupants of both cars got out of their vehicles in the middle of the highway and fled the scene, according to police. They did not exchange information with other drivers, stop to see if anybody was injured or call for police or paramedics. Two people in other vehicles were taken to the hospital with minor injuries; another two injured people were treated at the scene.

Dashcam footage obtained by WFAA shows the two vehicles involved in the race lose control and slam into several others on the highway. The occupants of the Lamborghini are seen getting out of the vehicle and walking to the right shoulder of the road.

https://youtu.be/k88bwHtOj4Q

Police told the Star-Telegram they are still working to investigate and identify suspects.

Rice, who played football at Richland High School and was recruited by SMU, was a second-round draft pick by the Chiefs in 2023 and part of the team that won the Super Bowl this year.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2024, 10:45 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: Police are searching for Kansas City Chiefs wide receiver Rashee Rice after a multi-car crash in Dallas that injured four people Saturday, according to Dallas police and Star-Telegram media partner WFAA.

A vehicle registered to or leased by Rice, who grew up in North Richland Hills and went to college at Southern Methodist University, was racing another vehicle when the crash happened, sources told WFAA.

Rice did not show up in a search of Dallas County jail records as of 3:30 p.m. Sunday.

Police would not confirm to the Star-Telegram whether one of the vehicles was registered to or leased by Rice.

The crash happened around 6:25 p.m. Saturday on North Central Expressway near University Boulevard, according to police. A Lamborghini and a Corvette were racing when the Lamborghini lost control, went into the left shoulder, hit the median wall and rebounded into the highway, causing a chain reaction.

The occupants of both cars got out of their vehicles in the middle of the highway and fled the scene, according to police. They did not exchange information with other drivers, stop to see if anybody was injured or call for police or paramedics. Two people in other vehicles were taken to the hospital with minor injuries; another two injured people were treated at the scene.

Dashcam footage obtained by WFAA shows the two vehicles involved in the race lose control and slam into several others on the highway. The occupants of the Lamborghini are seen getting out of the vehicle and walking to the right shoulder of the road.

https://youtu.be/k88bwHtOj4Q

Police told the Star-Telegram they are still working to investigate and identify suspects.

Rice, who played football at Richland High School and was recruited by SMU, was a second-round draft pick by the Chiefs in 2023 and part of the team that won the Super Bowl this year.

These athletes learn exactly nothing from the people who came before them.
Reply/Quote
Don’t do stupid shit for ten years and you are set for life. That being said, leaving a scene with injuries is serious, but probably wouldn’t ruin his career if it turns out he was involved.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(04-01-2024, 07:24 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Don’t do stupid shit for ten years and you are set for life. That being said, leaving a scene with injuries is serious, but probably wouldn’t ruin his career if it turns out he was involved.

Depends. If he was street racing, and the injuries are serious, he may well spend the best years of his career span playing receiver at the State Reformatory. Getting a 10-20 year sentence would not be unheard of for altering someone else's life. Just depends on the injuries and the prosecutor. On edit, nevermind, I just re-read it and saw the injuries are minor.
Reply/Quote
(04-02-2024, 08:01 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Depends. If he was street racing, and the injuries are serious, he may well spend the best years of his career span playing receiver at the State Reformatory. Getting a 10-20 year sentence would not be unheard of for altering someone else's life. Just depends on the injuries and the prosecutor. On edit, nevermind, I just re-read it and saw the injuries are minor.

Leaving the scene without even knowing the full extent of the circumstances paints a very self-concerned picture.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(04-02-2024, 08:01 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Depends. If he was street racing, and the injuries are serious, he may well spend the best years of his career span playing receiver at the State Reformatory. Getting a 10-20 year sentence would not be unheard of for altering someone else's life. Just depends on the injuries and the prosecutor. On edit, nevermind, I just re-read it and saw the injuries are minor.

i think just fleeing the scene is 5 years
Reply/Quote
Rashee Rice owned the corvette AND leased the Lamborghini involved in the race.

On Saturday, two cars that were allegedly street racing in Dallas caused a six car crash. Chiefs receiver Rashee Rice leased one of the cars that allegedly was racing — and her owns the other.

Word emerged on Monday that Rice leased the Lamborghini Urus involved in the crash. Via TMZ.com, Rice also owns the Corvette.

Under a Texas law enacted in 2023, both cars could be subject to forfeiture. (Via TMZ.com, the Lamborghini reportedly was totaled in the crash.)

The bigger issue is whether Rice was driving the Lamborghini. Via TMZ.com, Rice admitted to involvement in the crash, in communications with the company that owns the car.

As noted earlier, it appears that Rice climbed from the driver’s seat out of the front passenger door, in dashcam video of the crash and its aftermath.

If Rice was driving, he faces potentially serious criminal penalties for leaving the scene of an accident involving injuries.
Reply/Quote
(04-02-2024, 08:07 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: Rashee Rice owned the corvette AND leased the Lamborghini involved in the race.

On Saturday, two cars that were allegedly street racing in Dallas caused a six car crash. Chiefs receiver Rashee Rice leased one of the cars that allegedly was racing — and her owns the other.

Word emerged on Monday that Rice leased the Lamborghini Urus involved in the crash. Via TMZ.com, Rice also owns the Corvette.

Under a Texas law enacted in 2023, both cars could be subject to forfeiture. (Via TMZ.com, the Lamborghini reportedly was totaled in the crash.)

The bigger issue is whether Rice was driving the Lamborghini. Via TMZ.com, Rice admitted to involvement in the crash, in communications with the company that owns the car.

As noted earlier, it appears that Rice climbed from the driver’s seat out of the front passenger door, in dashcam video of the crash and its aftermath.

If Rice was driving, he faces potentially serious criminal penalties for leaving the scene of an accident involving injuries.

that is a hell of a lot of automobile value to just leave sitting on the road.
Reply/Quote
Also left a Chief's playbook in the car:

"According to WFAA TV in Dallas, the police report also said that marijuana was found in both cars, as well as credit cards, a $16,500 check, a diamond chain and a Chiefs playbook."

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/39916756/chiefs-rashee-rice-facing-8-charges-relation-high-speed-wreck

Arrest warrant now. Rice facing 8 charges.
Reply/Quote
Rice has been charged with 8 felonies including assault

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(04-01-2024, 01:35 PM)Sled21 Wrote: These athletes learn exactly nothing from the people who came before them.

I wouldn't say it just applies to athletes, they just have "more to lose" in a sense. When I went to high school I recall watching those graphic "this is what happens to people who speed" videos in driver's class and seeing the wrecked cars placed in front of the school the week before prom.  Didn't stop a handful of my classmates from driving 100+ miles per hour, crashing, and in some cases dying.

I remember riding in a truck with a friend of mine around that time, or I think we were in college by this point, but he was driving so insanely fast I was reduced to silently praying for my life.  I remember getting out of the truck and telling him I don't think I had enough luck left to keep riding with him.  I also asked how he can drive like that and not think about you know...dying any second.  He looked at me like I was nuts.  Of course he and a few pals from the country club side of town routinely drove and wrecked cars and got new ones, so maybe that was the reason.  If I had wrecked my mom's 1990 Buick Skylark she'd have had to walk to work. Then again, in that thing I literally couldn't drive 55.

Final story if anyone is reading, about a decade ago my gf at the time was watching some "reality" show about people who leave the amish life and start living among the English, and one of the episodes was about one of the formerly amish guys dying in a "drove like a maniac for no reason" car crash.  His buddies, all other formerly amish early 20-somethings, responded by talking and laughing about good times where they were riding with him and they were driving so fast they almost wrecked and died.

Something about driving like an absolute maniac being a danger to you, your passengers, and anyone who is unlucky enough to be anywhere near you doesn't register to a lot of males under a certain age.  Quite the "danger" blindspot.
Reply/Quote
(04-11-2024, 03:24 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I wouldn't say it just applies to athletes, they just have "more to lose" in a sense. When I went to high school I recall watching those graphic "this is what happens to people who speed" videos in driver's class and seeing the wrecked cars placed in front of the school the week before prom.  Didn't stop a handful of my classmates from driving 100+ miles per hour, crashing, and in some cases dying.

I remember riding in a truck with a friend of mine around that time, or I think we were in college by this point, but he was driving so insanely fast I was reduced to silently praying for my life.  I remember getting out of the truck and telling him I don't think I had enough luck left to keep riding with him.  I also asked how he can drive like that and not think about you know...dying any second.  He looked at me like I was nuts.  Of course he and a few pals from the country club side of town routinely drove and wrecked cars and got new ones, so maybe that was the reason.  If I had wrecked my mom's 1990 Buick Skylark she'd have had to walk to work. Then again, in that thing I literally couldn't drive 55.

Final story if anyone is reading, about a decade ago my gf at the time was watching some "reality" show about people who leave the amish life and start living among the English, and one of the episodes was about one of the formerly amish guys dying in a "drove like a maniac for no reason" car crash.  His buddies, all other formerly amish early 20-somethings, responded by talking and laughing about good times where they were riding with him and they were driving so fast they almost wrecked and died.

Something about driving like an absolute maniac being a danger to you, your passengers, and anyone who is unlucky enough to be anywhere near you doesn't register to a lot of males under a certain age.  Quite the "danger" blindspot.

That's true, you can say it applies to everyone. The point I was making about athletes is a lot of them come from nothing, and all of a sudden, they have millions of dollars. They probably haven't driven much but go buy the most exotic high-powered car they can find and go out and street race it. The fact someone else just went through this same scenario and is going to spend years behind bars and not have a career for killing people just doesn't sink in with them. I'm telling ya, if I were a player's agent, I would be in his ear every day telling him to use a black car service and don't ever drive.
Reply/Quote
(04-01-2024, 01:35 PM)Sled21 Wrote: These athletes learn exactly nothing from the people who came before them.

Not that long ago Henry Ruggs blew up his life doing same thing...
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2024, 10:48 AM)kalibengal Wrote: Not that long ago Henry Ruggs blew up his life doing same thing...

Sure he messed up his life but he also ended a life causing a woman and her dog to burn death in her car.   I think it is important to note that.  He'll get another chance after he serves his sentence but the woman and her dog are gone forever.  

As to the topic I agree giving people a ton of money at an early age can lead to all sorts of irresponsible behavior.   That is why I have it in my estate plans that a trust is to be created for any beneficiaries under the age of 25.  That way they don't get the $1.45 I have left when I die until they are of an age where they may be more responsible.  Big Grin  

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2024, 10:48 AM)kalibengal Wrote: Not that long ago Henry Ruggs blew up his life doing same thing...

Yes, that was my point about not learning from the mistakes of those who came before them. 
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2024, 10:41 AM)Sled21 Wrote: That's true, you can say it applies to everyone. The point I was making about athletes is a lot of them come from nothing, and all of a sudden, they have millions of dollars. They probably haven't driven much but go buy the most exotic high-powered car they can find and go out and street race it. The fact someone else just went through this same scenario and is going to spend years behind bars and not have a career for killing people just doesn't sink in with them. I'm telling ya, if I were a player's agent, I would be in his ear every day telling him to use a black car service and don't ever drive.

I read you loud n' clear, I just think it's has more to do with young males specifically having the biological and sociological triggers to do unsafe things.  I remember being a kid or teen or even when I was a young adult having "buckle your seatbelt, because god might not be able to protect everyone who is being unsafe" burned into my mind and being in situations with friends parents or friends and if other didn't buckle up I'd WANT to but I'd also be in a sort of internal panic where I knew if I was the only one wearing a seat belt I'd look like a total wimp and get made fun of for it. As a kid it was almost a shock to get into a car with friends and their parents and see nobody buckle up, because it was a thing I just assumed grownups knew was smart.

Add in that any time I tried to tell someone about wearing a seatbelt they conveniently had an uncle or cousin who was in a car crash and the police said the only thing that saved his life was actually not wearing his seatbelt.  I'm getting a bit off course, but the point is that I know for a fact I've done things that could have resulted in my own death via stupid fake bravado, so I don't excuse stuff like this but I think it's fair to point out there is a sort of unhealthy obsession in our society with "acting cool and acting tough" and if you aren't doing those things when you're a young male you are at risk of being tossed out of the "real man" tribe.

Now I'll admit with pro athletes they have more of an immediate reason to be smart and safe.  They'll make millions doing something that will get them laid and make 'em famous.  Still, you have to be able to see what you'd lose even if it's long-term. My buddy who drove like an absolute nut and could have easily killed himself or others and ruined his life is 41 now and runs a family business, has a swell wife and 4 kids.  Sure, he's never going to have  SB ring or have "FU money" but he could have thrown away a whole lot by driving like an idiot because "that's what you do unless you are gay or something."

Sorry for the rant, I'm just quite the society watcher.
Reply/Quote
I’m glad to be an old man who doesn’t gaf what a young buck (idiot) thinks. If only they (I) knew that insecurity was actually at the root of all the bravado. It’s hilarious to me now, in a way. Except when it leads tragedy of course.

Got nothing to prove to anyone…and it’s

Relaxing
Go Benton Panthers!!
Reply/Quote