Poll: How Will The 2018 Bengals Do This Upcoming Season?
Bengals Will Make Playoffs
Bengals Will Make Playoffs And Win A Playoff Game
Bengals Will Miss Playoffs
Bengals Will Have A Record Worse Than Last Year
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Poll: Ok Guys Its Time To Man Up And Put Your Prediction On Record
Alright, regardless if you are pessimistic or optimistic in this upcoming season its time to put your view on the record. This way as the season progresses you will have validation on your gut instincts about this team and whether or not you have a good handle on knowing them or not.

How will the Bengals perform this season? Lets see your vote and hear your views. Not how you want them to do because clearly everyone on this board WANTS them to win the SB. The question is predicting how they will do?
Reply/Quote
8-8 or lower if we don’t find a solution at rt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
Still say we hit 10-6
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Still too early for hard predictions. I won't be ready with my hard prediction, until the final roster moves are made, as I see the Bengals making a move or two after the cut.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2018, 12:36 PM)GodFather Wrote: Alright, regardless if you are pessimistic or optimistic in this upcoming season its time to put your view on the record. This way as the season progresses you will have validation on your gut instincts about this team and whether or not you have a good handle on knowing them or not.

How will the Bengals perform this season? Lets see your vote and hear your views. Not how you want them to do because clearly everyone on this board WANTS them to win the SB. The question is predicting how they will do?

Think i can have a better idea after we play the Bills.

I haven't been able to watch either game, i will be able to watch that one and we play our starters a lot longer.

You go to the Gameday thread and from what i hear of a lot of those guys is we only win like 4 games which i find
to be ridiculous. We won 7 games last year with the shittiest O-line in the NFL, we should win more than 7 this year.

But i must fine tune my prediction after the Bills game. RT still seems to be a huge question, looking for us to bring
in a guy or two come cutdown day if none of these guys play well.
Reply/Quote
I think we miss the playoffs and get somewhere between 7-9 wins on the year. We haven't shown an ability to beat the Steelers, so until further notice we will likely be relying on getting a WC slot and I'm not confident we can put enough distance between ourselves and enough of the AFC to snag one.

It's just the pre-season, but we are coming off 2 losing seasons in a row where our o-line and offense were the main reasons we failed. Thus far, I've seen little to tell me things have changed. Time will tell, but I'm seeing too many things that make it look like we're still in 2017 form.
Reply/Quote
Make the playoffs and win a game. I like what I've seen and I think they will have it put together by the time regular season comes around. Have an easy breezy week 1 against the Colts to overcome early hiccups. I think our schedule is fairly easy this year.

End up playing the Titans in the wildcard round and win, that's my prediction!
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2018, 12:40 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Still too early for hard predictions.  I won't be ready with my hard prediction, until the final roster moves are made, as I see the Bengals making a move or two after the cut.

I concur 100%.  But even then I am going to say we are going to win it all, so no reason for me to wait!
Reply/Quote
I'm not overly concerned about last night. You want them to play bad sometimes so they can work on the mistakes and get better. This team is just tuning right now. Kinda like a guitar, once you replace some strings, you have to keep twanging to find the right sound. They're doing that now. Once the season begins, the're going to bust out an EVH eruption. Cool

Reply/Quote
8-8
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2018, 12:56 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: I concur 100%.  But even then I am going to say we are going to win it all, so no reason for me to wait!

I've been saying this for a while, but last night's performance really drove the point home.  The Bengals just do not have the personnel on the OL to get movement versus a stout defensive front.  Heck, even pass protection was sketchy at best, as evidenced by Dalton's rushed throws that should have been easy completions.

I just don't feel like they are going into the season with those bodies on the Right side of the OL.  I know that player for player trades have become a rare thing in the NFL, but I could envision that changing this year.  With only one cut date, many teams may be looking to make a trade, as to avoid the waiver wire after cuts.  Getting a player of value, in exchange for a player that you see as expendable, may still have a place in the NFL.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Sorry. I just do not like what I am seeing from Dalton and the O-Line this year. A team cannot go 3-and-out and expect the defense to hold up the entire game. I can see Dalton throwing some pick 6's this year due to pocket pressure from right side and poor decision making.

I hope I am wrong. I see 8-9 wins this year. Defense will be studly, however. Willis has surprised me. He looks huge now. Like a man-child. I once predicted he was on the bubble, but it looks like I was wrong. My only concern for the defense is the linebackers other than Vigil and Evans have not looked the part of a top defense.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(08-19-2018, 01:11 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: I'm not overly concerned about last night. You want them to play bad sometimes so they can work on the mistakes and get better. This team is just tuning right now. Kinda like a guitar, once you replace some strings, you have to keep twanging to find the right sound. They're doing that now. Once the season begins, the're going to bust out an EVH eruption. Cool

I really enjoy your posts buddy, but that was a horrendous comparison.LOL  First off the Bengals will NEVER be EVH(one of the greatest of all time). Their track record shows they are more of a Poison because once the optimistic fan sees the season start and unfold he/she finds that Every Rose Has Its Thorn.

The only Eruption going on in the Bengals camp is going to be when the guys go out after a game and have an Extreme Hot Wings eating contest!
Reply/Quote
I'm on the fence with my prediction, I definitely think they miss the playoffs and the season will end early for them. The only thing I pondered on was if their record would be worse or not and ultimately came to the conclusion they would finish at the same 7-9 record like last year give or take a game.( I know this is sad but that folks is my optimistic view on them this season. Marvin will never turn this team around...)
Reply/Quote
I’ll guess 9-7 and WC loss

Reply/Quote
(08-19-2018, 01:45 PM)GodFather Wrote: I really enjoy your posts buddy, but that was a horrendous comparison.LOL  First off the Bengals will NEVER be EVH(one of the greatest of all time). Their track record shows they are more of a Poison because once the optimistic fan sees the season start and unfold he/she finds that Every Rose Has Its Thorn.

The only Eruption going on in the Bengals camp is going to be when the guys go out after a game and have an Extreme Hot Wings eating contest!

I thought it was a little cheesy before I hit post. But, heck, I grinned and posted it anyway and started the stopwatch on when it would be called out lol. I really didnt start a stopwatch, but it was humorous thinking and I knew it wouldn't take long.  Cool

Reply/Quote
Leaning towards missing the playoffs with a sprinkle of having a worse record than last year...........BUT, I am holding off on making an official prediction until after the 4th preseason game. Still too many variables floating around to get a firm grasp on things yet.

Ps.....in my fantasy draft I am targeting Mixon and AJ in the first couple rounds and sneaking in Dalton, Bernard, and Ross in the later rounds.
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
(08-19-2018, 03:06 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: Leaning towards missing the playoffs with a sprinkle of having a worse record than last year...........BUT, I am holding off on making an official prediction until after the 4th preseason game. Still too many variables floating around to get a firm grasp on things yet.

Ps.....in my fantasy draft I am targeting Mixon and AJ in the first couple rounds and sneaking in Dalton, Bernard, and Ross in the later rounds.

I am holding off too until after preseason #4 and the team is determined.  Didn't watch game 1, watch game 2. Feels like last year..... the only highlight is our kicker Brown and a few other players but as a team and the play calling.. feels like last year... so far. (yes, its preseason i know)
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2018, 01:15 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I've been saying this for a while, but last night's performance really drove the point home.  The Bengals just do not have the personnel on the OL to get movement versus a stout defensive front.  Heck, even pass protection was sketchy at best, as evidenced by Dalton's rushed throws that should have been easy completions.

I just don't feel like they are going into the season with those bodies on the Right side of the OL.  I know that player for player trades have become a rare thing in the NFL, but I could envision that changing this year.  With only one cut date, many teams may be looking to make a trade, as to avoid the waiver wire after cuts.  Getting a player of value, in exchange for a player that you see as expendable, may still have a place in the NFL.

I was reading that the Broncos (I think it was them) will probably be letting go of a nice RG who can play RT as well.  Hopefully the FO will be keeping an eye on things...
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2018, 03:29 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: I was reading that the Broncos (I think it was them) will probably be letting go of a nice RG who can play RT as well.  Hopefully the FO will be keeping an eye on things...

I don't know how quick I would be racing to pick up Broncos OL scraps.  Just a week ago, the Bengals waived Austin Fleer, a D2 OT, UDFA.  Before an entire day had went by, the Broncos had him signed to their roster.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote