Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Poor Hue Jackson............
what the heck was he thinking................he had the keys to the Cadillac here.......instead will go 0-16 in his first season on the lake........

You think he's kicking himself in the arse?
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
He might be kicking himself who knows.

I don't have any sympathy for him though he went to a division rival and he should've expected nothing other than losing from the Cleveland Browns franchise. You thought he would've learned from his stint in Oakland when they were a mess.
Reply/Quote
I don't think he is really. Everyone knew the Browns were going to be bad this year it's all about the future there. By the way they have two top 10 picks next year.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
I am starting to think Hue might not be too smart. He is starting RG3 again. Kessler has a 92.6 QB rating with 6 TDs and 2 INTs and surpassed 200 passing yards in 4 of his 8 starts. RG3 has a 58.5 QB rating 0 TDs, 2 INTs, and hasn't topped 200 passing yards in his 3 starts.
Reply/Quote
Marvin's still the HC and likely will be for at least one more season, if not beyond that. Hue wanted his own HC gig and he went where they were hiring. Can't blame him for that. Who wants to stand around waiting while Marvin decides if he's tired of cashing Mike's checks while Mike just pats him on the back and says "We'll get'em next year, Marvin," season after season after season....
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2016, 04:04 PM)corpjet Wrote: what the heck was he thinking................he had the keys to the Cadillac here.......instead will go 0-16 in his first season on the lake........

No because he knew Marvin wasn't going anywhere, anytime soon and wanted a shot. I don't blame him one bit. Whats he gonna do wait for the next XX amount of years in the hope Marvin leaves?

Him leaving should tell you that Marvin isn't going anywhere and he chose the Browns! Now that is telling...
Reply/Quote
I love Hue Jackson. He trained Chad Johnson, Chris Henry, and TJ Houshmandzadeh and he was a terrific offensive coordinator with the Bengals but as a head coach he's a bust. It's not his fault -- so please don't think I'm cracking on Hue. I just see defensive coordinators making much easier transitions to head coach in the NFL with the obvious exception of Richard LeBeau here in Cincinnati.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Its a win-win for Hue in Cleveland. First off there was no where to go but up. And if they did (or do next year), then he looks good in the process of doing so. However if they still stink, then most will look past Hue as the reason and point the fingers at their front office. Either way he is making more money and if he does get fired will have an OC job somewhere the day after.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
If you knew you had a shot at Head Coaching a team and a guaranteed salary... why wouldn't you take it?

This "promise ring thing" that Marvin and Mike were offering up were probably only a mirage to begin with.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
There are only 32 of these jobs and every single out of work HC or current OC/DC in this league (and probably every current position coach) would think they would be the guy who could go in there and turn it around. Hue may feel real crappy right now, but trust me - he thinks they'll win there as soon as next year. And when he's fired, he'll think if only they gave him more time. It's just the way those guys think.
Beat writer for Cincinnati.com & The Enquirer. Follow along on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Periscope.
Reply/Quote
Browns aren't in bad shape they have a lot of draft picks and if they can keep terrelle and Jamie and draft some people in 3-4 years they can start winning. I believe hue will be around for that entire process

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
Browns aren't in bad shape? Only one other team in the history of the NFL has gone 0-16. I don't care how many draft picks you have, that is a symptom that something is very wrong.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2016, 04:04 PM)corpjet Wrote: what the heck was he thinking................he had the keys to the Cadillac here.......instead will go 0-16 in his first season on the lake........

How did Hue have the keys to the Cadillac here?  He and Marvin cooked up a plan for him to take over in 2 years and Mike Brown said "No."  Also, as bad as the Browns are I'm not sure being under the thumb of the least successful GM and owner in the NFL is really the "Cadillac" of HC jobs.

Basically, I think we're overestimating how awesome working for Mike Brown is.  Also, Mike Brown said no to Hue being the HC here, so that makes it hard to see this line of succession we're pushing as a guarantee.  So is Hue really kicking himself in the ass for being the HC of an 0-16 team when he could be the OC of a 6(?) win team?  Maybe.  I can't imagine he'd be kicking himself too hard if he is.

(12-19-2016, 06:50 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: I am starting to think Hue might not be too smart. He is starting RG3 again. Kessler has a 92.6 QB rating with 6 TDs and 2 INTs and surpassed 200 passing yards in 4 of his 8 starts. RG3 has a 58.5 QB rating 0 TDs, 2 INTs, and hasn't topped 200 passing yards in his 3 starts.

Kessler already has 2 concussions in 8 starts.  He's a rookie who isn't ready for action and tossing him into the fire has led to 0 wins, it will hamper his development, and QBs who aren't prepared to run and NFL offense are at greater risk of getting killed out there.  I don't get it...we rag on the Browns for failing to find a QB and they find one that has SOME promise and we rag on them for not throwing him into early brain damage rather than maybe developing him a bit.
Reply/Quote
Poor Hue Jackson. Are you serious with this? First off, it is difficult to feel sorry for someone who signed a contract worth $30 or so million. Second, how in the world could anyone consider Cincinnati as the "keys to the Cadillac"? I imagine that working for the Brown family would be a gut wrenching, stomach churning, bite your tongue for the rest of your miserable days experience.

The guy wanted to be a Head Coach and Cleveland was hiring. He has an owner who is not afraid to spend money, and if given time you would have to believe he can turn things around there (he was well on his way to doing so in Oakland). If he is successful, they will build statues to him in Cleveland. If not, he still has thirty something million reasons to smile.
Reply/Quote
Hue knew exactly what he was getting into in Cleveland.

But it was a HC gig.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2016, 07:38 PM)Millhouse Wrote: Its a win-win for Hue in Cleveland. First off there was no where to go but up. And if they did (or do next year), then he looks good in the process of doing so. However if they still stink, then most will look past Hue as the reason and point the fingers at their front office. Either way he is making more money and if he does get fired will have an OC job somewhere the day after.

This makes the most sense. ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote

Hue will get the customary two years as HC of the Browns, then he'll be gone just like all the rest. He took the money knowing full well what that franchise is all about, change, change, change and more change for the sake of change.

Reply/Quote
(12-19-2016, 04:34 PM)J24 Wrote: I don't think he is really. Everyone knew the Browns were going to be bad this year it's all about the future there. By the way they have two top 10 picks next year.

Sure, and a baseball guy doing the drafting.  
Reply/Quote
It's simple. Money talks and BS walks. Cash is king. We give these millionaires too much credit thinking they actually think/act/feel like the rest of us average Joes. They go where the money is. It ain't about winning football games for some. It's about padding their pockets and taking care of their family. I respect the latter fully.
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2016, 08:13 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: If you knew you had a shot at Head Coaching a team and a guaranteed salary...   why wouldn't you take it?

This "promise ring thing" that Marvin and Mike were offering up were probably only a mirage to begin with.

not at the expense of going to the worst professional franchise....no way.....no how

If I thought I was that good I would wait for a better job (not saying waiting here in Cincy)
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote