Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Poor Hue Jackson............
cadillac? more like a hyundai it's a decent car it will get you to work and back home each day
Reply/Quote
Im going to go a limb and say the browns will win a playoff game before we do that is how snake bitten this team is and how inept they play in big boy games
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2016, 05:51 PM)seahawkscheat Wrote: cadillac? more like a hyundai it's a decent car it will get you to work and back home each day

I thought we all knew it was a Lumina...
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2016, 02:25 AM)BengalChris Wrote: Hue will get the customary two years as HC of the Browns, then he'll be gone just like all the rest. He took the money knowing full well what that franchise is all about, change, change, change and more change for the sake of change.

So he went from a franchise that never changes to one that does nothing BUT change AND he didn't even have to leave Ohio!  Damn!
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2016, 04:04 PM)corpjet Wrote: what the heck was he thinking................he had the keys to the Cadillac here.......instead will go 0-16 in his first season on the lake........

You think he's kicking himself in the arse?

I'm glad dad never gave him the keys to the car.
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2016, 07:57 PM)Nately120 Wrote: So he went from a franchise that never changes to one that does nothing BUT change AND he didn't even have to leave Ohio!  Damn!

I think that about sums it up. It's not like the Browns' front office have given him the talent to win with. They have a bazillion draft picks so you can count on them being inexperienced for the next couple of years.

If there was a move by Hue this year that made me do a double take it was when they signed RGIII. That was a train wreck begging to happen.

Reply/Quote
0-16 and he'll still probably get a playoff win before Marvin.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(12-21-2016, 12:57 AM)BengalChris Wrote: I think that about sums it up. It's not like the Browns' front office have given him the talent to win with. They have a bazillion draft picks so you can count on them being inexperienced for the next couple of years.

If there was a move by Hue this year that made me do a double take it was when they signed RGIII. That was a train wreck begging to happen.

You have to go into an NFL season with 2 QBs on the roster, so they had McCown and RGIII pre-draft (right?) to fill that quota on the cheap.  Maybe RGIII regains form, maybe not.  No great risk if he doesn't, and a real deal on the off-chance that he does.  Plus, it seemed they weren't going QB at #2 overall so any QB they do get would be a later round pick and more of a developmental guy (which Kessler is) and McCown plays like he's made of steel and gets knocked out easily, thus they had to have another cheapo QB to throw in there.

What the Browns are doing makes some sense, and they were clearly planning to tank this year for the future but 0-16 is even less competitive than they probably expected.
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2016, 06:27 PM)Nately120 Wrote: You have to go into an NFL season with 2 QBs on the roster, so they had McCown and RGIII pre-draft (right?) to fill that quota on the cheap.  Maybe RGIII regains form, maybe not.  No great risk if he doesn't, and a real deal on the off-chance that he does.  Plus, it seemed they weren't going QB at #2 overall so any QB they do get would be a later round pick and more of a developmental guy (which Kessler is) and McCown plays like he's made of steel and gets knocked out easily, thus they had to have another cheapo QB to throw in there.

What the Browns are doing makes some sense, and they were clearly planning to tank this year for the future but 0-16 is even less competitive than they probably expected.

I saw where Cleveland passed on Dak Prescott eight times before Dallas took him.  That has to hurt.
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2016, 07:04 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: I saw where Cleveland passed on Dak Prescott eight times before Dallas took him.  That has to hurt.

Meh, Cleveland has passed on pretty much every player who has been good in the past 20 years.  With that being said, I don't think Dak Prescott would be ROY material in Cleveland.
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2016, 06:50 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: I am starting to think Hue might not be too smart. He is starting RG3 again. Kessler has a 92.6 QB rating with 6 TDs and 2 INTs and surpassed 200 passing yards in 4 of his 8 starts. RG3 has a 58.5 QB rating 0 TDs, 2 INTs, and hasn't topped 200 passing yards in his 3 starts.
I think he's making sure he gets the #1 pick. Yeah, you play to win, but he's looking to win next year.

as far as the op, nay. Staying here he'd be behind Marvin until Marvin retires or mike brown turns over the keys to someone else (who may or may not be content with just having a strong regular season team). Neither are likely to happen in the next couple years. Realistically, Marvin isn't that old. He could coach another 8-10 years.
Reply/Quote
Hugh keeps telling anyone that asks that he's not worried about his job. That's because he's not. He took that job with the understanding that the first coupla years would be difficult as they rebuild their roster. I'd say the ownership has given him a guaranteed 3 seasons, if not 5. The Browns are definitely committed to Hugh.
-That which we need most, will be found where we want to visit least.-
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2016, 06:27 PM)Nately120 Wrote: You have to go into an NFL season with 2 QBs on the roster, so they had McCown and RGIII pre-draft (right?) to fill that quota on the cheap.  Maybe RGIII regains form, maybe not.  No great risk if he doesn't, and a real deal on the off-chance that he does.  Plus, it seemed they weren't going QB at #2 overall so any QB they do get would be a later round pick and more of a developmental guy (which Kessler is) and McCown plays like he's made of steel and gets knocked out easily, thus they had to have another cheapo QB to throw in there.

Or a Dak Prescott.

Reply/Quote
(12-22-2016, 04:45 AM)BengalChris Wrote: Or a Dak Prescott.

Look, I realize we all have Dak Prescott fever, but let's not forget that a few years ago the Eagles were set at QB for the next 10+ years with the amazing Nick Foles, too.
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2016, 01:03 AM)Devils Advocate Wrote: Hugh keeps telling anyone that asks that he's not worried about his job. That's because he's not. He took that job with the understanding that the first coupla years would be difficult as they rebuild their roster. I'd say the ownership has given him a guaranteed 3 seasons, if not 5. The Browns are definitely committed to Hugh.

I agree with this.  They offered up the "moneyball" approach and he rolled with it.
It would take blowing up the team and dumping FAs to have them where they want to be.
That would have to have the understanding of the new HC to accept failing before succeeding.

Then there's him getting a fat contract with probably the most money he's ever seen.

If he gets canned?   He can catch on somewhere else pretty easily at various levels of coaching/assisting and not have to worry about how much he makes.

Seems like a real no-brainer to me.

Big money, opportunity, challenge, and little future risk.

Some people who don't realize this are not living in reality IMO. 
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2016, 06:57 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Look, I realize we all have Dak Prescott fever, but let's not forget that a few years ago the Eagles were set at QB for the next 10+ years with the amazing Nick Foles, too.

Missed my point about RGIII, which I really didn't state at all. More or less thought it didn't need to be stated. RGIII is a head case who never fit in as a football player. And maybe he had straightened out, but that was highly unlikely. He's more like one of these youth you see on the news going to pieces cause they didn't get their way in November. No spine, no backbone, no morals, no team, only me.

There's no metric to measure team or me in a player, so the Browns can't see it.

My earlier point about change, change and more change was that the Browns are 100% committed to changing things until they get it right, but they are never able see what is right with any of the pieces they have and they never stick with anything or anyone long enough to really find out. This is why we see them go through wholesale changes every two years, coach, GM , QB and most players are dumped. It's more like a "they're all bums" mentality.

Reply/Quote
(12-22-2016, 11:01 AM)BengalChris Wrote: Missed my point about RGIII, which I really didn't state at all. More or less thought it didn't need to be stated. RGIII is a head case who never fit in as a football player. And maybe he had straightened out, but that was highly unlikely. He's more like one of these youth you see on the news going to pieces cause they didn't get their way in November. No spine, no backbone, no morals, no team, only me.

There's no metric to measure team or me in a player, so the Browns can't see it.

My earlier point about change, change and more change was that the Browns are 100% committed to changing things until they get it right, but they are never able see what is right with any of the pieces they have and they never stick with anything or anyone long enough to really find out. This is why we see them go through wholesale changes every two years, coach, GM , QB and most players are dumped. It's more like a "they're all bums" mentality.

RGIII was a bargain bin warm body to play QB during a super hopeless season.  I'm not sure where you get the narrative that he's some big ol hopeless headcase...I just think the fact that he isn't good at football and can't stay healthy are reason enough to sneeze at him.  Anyways, if you really think he was expected to be the franchise QB there you're just eating up Hue's bs soundbytes.  RGIII was a cheap vet, like McCown, and if he managed to be decent, swell.

SO, there is no sense in going into RGIII's attitude, because the guy is injury prone and stinks at playing QB.

As for the notion that the Browns are all about "change" well...sure, they are.  Which HC and/or QB that they've had in the past 20 years would you have kept around for 13 years?  Just because the Bengals gave Dave Shula 70+ games to prove he was beyond hope and better off managing a steakhouse than a football team doesn't mean another franchise would.

Back to the Dak Prescott thing, if the Browns want to imitate Dallas' plan to success they should build their o-line, get a great RB and some good receiving weapons; not draft 4th rounders who like to drive drunk and hope for the best.
Reply/Quote