Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pope: Education, jobs will prevent radicalization
(12-02-2015, 01:04 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: British and Dutch colonists laid the foundation for their ancestors to build on.  

lol, Jesus, you're really ***** stupid. I was going to make a joke about British ghosts coming to build America, but I think calling you stupid is better. 

Quote:Had the Spanish came here instead we would be like Central and south America.    Or even worse had no one came here this land would be at constant war within its borders.   Because the native amercians never wanted a nation.   They were too self absorbed with their tribes.   

A nation refers to a large group of people with some similar characteristic. There were many nations within North America before the colonists came. If you are attempting to say a "state", as long as these Native American tribes had defined borders, a government, sovereignty, and a population, they were a state. It doesn't matter how small they were.

Quote:Much like the Middle East is too caught up with their tribes or religious group to maintain any peace.    

Much like how Europe was too caught up with their ethnic groups to maintain any peace. Somehow we excuse their two World Wars that were a result of this. 

Quote:And we have gone over this, they didn't waste time trying to intergrate the natives.   They just moved in and used the native Americans to fight each other while the Europeans transformed the land into something useable.    

The word you're looking for is "genocide". They displaced and killed most of them. How noble. 

Quote:But hey if you want to go back to the Native American way then there are plenty of places in the world you can live like a third world person constantly at war with other tribes.

Why are my only options being a Native American or committing genocide?

Also, none of this addresses a single thing from my post. 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(11-28-2015, 10:23 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: British and Dutch colonists.   They came here, and turned north America into something great .  Something the inhabitants could never do .

Like I have said in the past.   I'm glad we were a British colony .  Had we been a Spanish Colony we would be 3rd world.

Not sure that "3rd World" is an appropriate description.  As I understand, the definition of 3rd World Country is based upon the fact that they only have 1 valuable natural resource with which to profit from.  The United States was, and still is a wealth of natural resources to profit from.

Edit: I just looked up various definitions of the term "3rd World", and none of them match the one that I was taught in Jr. High.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
(12-02-2015, 10:19 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Not sure that "3rd World" is an appropriate description.  As I understand, the definition of 3rd World Country is based upon the fact that they only have 1 valuable natural resource with which to profit from.  The United States was, and still is a wealth of natural resources to profit from.

Edit: I just looked up various definitions of the term "3rd World", and none of them match the one that I was taught in Jr. High.

Yeah, the term has been misused a lot. What I was taught as third world is more appropriately described as developing countries.