Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Possible Dalton Trade Being Reported
(04-21-2020, 02:05 PM)The Stars In Stripes Wrote: I’m thinking 116 would be a blessing...

The Jags could have even more picks to choose from if they trade Yannick Ngakoue.
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2020, 03:55 PM)spazz70 Wrote: Are we comparing the OL that Dalton would have in JAX to what we have had the last 3 years?  That is laughable, not one of our OL would start for JAX.

Our O-Line has been trash for years but Andy was poor far before that point. He's been very mediocre the last five years and giving him a better O-Line is putting lipstick on a pig.
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2020, 10:09 PM)AlphaBengal Wrote: Our O-Line has been trash for years but Andy was poor far before that point. He's been very mediocre the last five years and giving him a better O-Line is putting lipstick on a pig.
You sound like you want Dalton to stay here. Who cares what Jax gets. Not the Bengals problem anymore...

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Has Andy been moved to another team yet? I keep seeing post after post in here, but no actual news..

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2020, 10:17 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Has Andy been moved to another team yet?  I keep seeing post after post in here, but no actual news..

WhoDey2 Not that I know of, just a bunch of wishful thinking... 
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

Reply/Quote
(04-21-2020, 10:17 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Has Andy been moved to another team yet?  I keep seeing post after post in here, but no actual news..

Nope, it's all conjecture.  There aren't even rumors of Dalton being traded anywhere from mainstream media.
Reply/Quote
(04-22-2020, 08:53 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Nope, it's all conjecture.  There aren't even rumors of Dalton being traded anywhere from mainstream media.

CBS is not mainstream media?  https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/andy-dalton-on-the-move-one-team-is-reportedly-interested-in-the-bengals-qb-but-only-at-the-right-price/
Reply/Quote
So the Pats have an extra pick in the 4th now...

Reply/Quote
(04-22-2020, 09:34 AM)spazz70 Wrote: CBS is not mainstream media?  https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/andy-dalton-on-the-move-one-team-is-reportedly-interested-in-the-bengals-qb-but-only-at-the-right-price/

Most anyone is available for the right price in the world of sports. CBS report is as informative as a July weather report in Southern California.
Reply/Quote
(04-22-2020, 08:53 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Nope, it's all conjecture.  There aren't even rumors of Dalton being traded anywhere from mainstream media.

Everything the media says is fake, so if they aren't talking about a Dalton trade it means a whole bunch of Dalton trade stuff is currently happening.  
Reply/Quote
(04-22-2020, 10:04 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: So the Pats have an extra pick in the 4th now...

So, NE has 3 picks in the 3rd, 2 picks in the 4th, and 4 picks in the 6th.

If they want Dalton to lead their team in 2020, they would easily be able to swap picks with the Bengals, they give them a 3rd, and the Bengals give them a 4th. So they can just swap spots. It's that simple. Or, NE could just want to give up a 4th or a 6th straight up. It should be no big deal for Bill to do this. 
But, the issue would seem to be the money. With Thuney being Franchised and trying to work out a long term deal, they can't add another 17 Mill contract plain and simple. I'd think if the Bengals called and said they would work with them on the money for this year, they could swing something. I'd think maybe half and half type situation. 

I'd still love a trade and trade with Dalton and Thuney. But, the Bengals would have to give more back in that scenerio. I'm still fine with that as well. 

Anything to strengthen the OL for Burrow!! 

Jonah   Thuney   Hopkins   Xavier   Hart/Johnson

That's looking a lot better. But, we'd still have some work to do on the right side IMO.....
Reply/Quote
(04-22-2020, 12:55 PM)JerseyDD09 Wrote: So, NE has 3 picks in the 3rd, 2 picks in the 4th, and 4 picks in the 6th.

If they want Dalton to lead their team in 2020, they would easily be able to swap picks with the Bengals, they give them a 3rd, and the Bengals give them a 4th. So they can just swap spots. It's that simple. Or, NE could just want to give up a 4th or a 6th straight up. It should be no big deal for Bill to do this. 
But, the issue would seem to be the money. With Thuney being Franchised and trying to work out a long term deal, they can't add another 17 Mill contract plain and simple. I'd think if the Bengals called and said they would work with them on the money for this year, they could swing something. I'd think maybe half and half type situation. 

I'd still love a trade and trade with Dalton and Thuney. But, the Bengals would have to give more back in that scenerio. I'm still fine with that as well. 

Anything to strengthen the OL for Burrow!! 

Jonah   Thuney   Hopkins   Xavier   Hart/Johnson

That's looking a lot better. But, we'd still have some work to do on the right side IMO.....

There is no reason to eat any money.  Dalton was given permission to seek a trade, meaning that his rep could negotiate a new contract in the trade scenario.  IF the Pats wanted him all they would have to do is have a new contract at their rate in place when the trade is made and the Bengals and Pats accepting the trade contingent on that new deal.  I hear people saying we need to eat part of the contract because a 3rd round pick or so is worth the 5 million investment because it is a rookie contract player.  I think that approach is a little too analytical for this organization.
Reply/Quote
(04-22-2020, 01:13 PM)spazz70 Wrote: There is no reason to eat any money.  Dalton was given permission to seek a trade, meaning that his rep could negotiate a new contract in the trade scenario.  IF the Pats wanted him all they would have to do is have a new contract at their rate in place when the trade is made and the Bengals and Pats accepting the trade contingent on that new deal.  I hear people saying we need to eat part of the contract because a 3rd round pick or so is worth the 5 million investment because it is a rookie contract player.  I think that approach is a little too analytical for this organization.

When "re-working" a contract a player is not allowed to take less money.  All they can do is stretch it out over more years.  Some teams may be interested in Dalton just as a "bridge" QB for only one year or maybe two.
Reply/Quote
(04-22-2020, 09:34 AM)spazz70 Wrote: CBS is not mainstream media?  https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/andy-dalton-on-the-move-one-team-is-reportedly-interested-in-the-bengals-qb-but-only-at-the-right-price/

The article isn't about a trade rumor or a possible Dalton trade being reported. It's an article about the Jags wanting to sign him if he's released.

The article even stated, "Basically, there doesn't seem to be much of a market for Dalton right now, and if there ever was a market for him, it seems to have already dried up."  

Thus, mainstream media isn't talking about Dalton trade rumors, but rather teams that will possibly sign him.
Reply/Quote
(04-22-2020, 12:00 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Everything the media says is fake, so if they aren't talking about a Dalton trade it means a whole bunch of Dalton trade stuff is currently happening.  

I'm down with that because it would mean an additional draft pick for the Bengals!
Reply/Quote
(04-22-2020, 01:19 PM)fredtoast Wrote: When "re-working" a contract a player is not allowed to take less money.  All they can do is stretch it out over more years.  Some teams may be interested in Dalton just as a "bridge" QB for only one year or maybe two.

Just asking, where do you get this information?  I have never heard of such a thing.  I cannot see any scenario that Dalton's agent cannot go to NE and say hey "Andy is seeking a trade and is interested in being traded to you"  Bill, "Well, that 17 million next year is a bit steep"  Agent "Well, what were you thinking?"  Bill "How about 2 years, 15 million?"  Agent "OK, that sounds good (for Andy too), let me get with the Bengals and you can discuss the trade"  Or, the opposite could be done in that the Bengals could sign (extend) and trade him to NE based on NEs requirements for the trades.

I have never heard of a player being not allowed to take less money, unless he disagreed with the situation.  Andy would be quite dumb not to take a lot less and go to NE under agreed terms.
Reply/Quote
(04-22-2020, 01:35 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: The article isn't about a trade rumor or a possible Dalton trade being reported. It's an article about the Jags wanting to sign him if he's released.

The article even stated, "Basically, there doesn't seem to be much of a market for Dalton right now, and if there ever was a market for him, it seems to have already dried up."  

Thus, mainstream media isn't talking about Dalton trade rumors, but rather teams that will possibly sign him.

From the article..  "If the Bengals would be willing to foot the bill for some of Dalton's contract, then a trade would likely become possible."
Reply/Quote
(04-22-2020, 01:51 PM)spazz70 Wrote: From the article..  "If the Bengals would be willing to foot the bill for some of Dalton's contract, then a trade would likely become possible."

That isn't a rumor that the Jags want to deal for Dalton.  It's the journalist speculating the framework for a deal.

Yes, CBS is mainstream media, but again that article isn't about any reality of rumors that the Jags and Bengals are working on a Dalton deal.  Again, it's a journalist reporting a rumor the Jags could sign Dalton, if released, while also spit balling ways a deal could occur.  It's a journalist offering trade parameter opinions and not reporting on a rumored deal.
Reply/Quote
(04-22-2020, 02:12 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: That isn't a rumor that the Jags want to deal for Dalton.  It's the journalist speculating the framework for a deal.

Yes, CBS is mainstream media, but again that article isn't about any reality of rumors that the Jags and Bengals are working on a Dalton deal.  Again, it's a journalist reporting a rumor the Jags could sign Dalton, if released, while also spit balling ways a deal could occur.  It's a journalist offering trade parameter opinions and not reporting on a rumored deal.

Literally the highlighted part would be a rumor...Journalistic speculation...The entire article is speculation, thus a rumor.  Look up the definition of rumor.
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2020, 12:56 PM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: Being out here in Jack the last few years I can assure you Lee is not worth a contract here.  Especially with our current depth at WR.  ALee wouldn’t be a potential replacement for AJ and Lee is nowhere near what he was at SC.

Really, okay, never mind on getting Lee.

(04-21-2020, 12:58 PM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: Shad Khan has made it clear like he did last year that it IS win now out here in Jax and that if you don’t u will be replaced.  Minshew is a glorified backup Dalton is their best chance to win now.

I think so too, also find the Pats or Chargers likely.

(04-21-2020, 01:09 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Accepting that Dalton is better than Minshew when nothing about 2019 supports it requires blaming Daltons plummet on ZT, I'd say.

Minshew looked a lot better than Dalton in 2019.  Replacing him with Dalton when even an overpaid Foles couldn't keep him off the field seems unlikely. 

Not saying Minshew is great but why try to replace a popular and decent rookie who stepped up with a retread who won 2 games?  

Think last year was a bit of an outlier.
Reply/Quote