Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Possible Dalton Trade Being Reported
Reposted for another thread:
Jacksonville with a surprise cut of Marquise Lee. That brings their cap space up to $18.1M. For those that forget, Andy Dalton's salary is $17.7M.
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2020, 03:54 PM)Schmitbuck Wrote: Reposted for another thread:
Jacksonville with a surprise cut of Marquise Lee. That brings their cap space up to $18.1M. For those that forget, Andy Dalton's salary is $17.7M.

Hmm, now that is an interesting tidbit of information.  Is a deal uniting Gruden & Dalton brewing?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2020, 03:54 PM)Schmitbuck Wrote: Reposted for another thread:

Trade Dalton and Gio, pick up Lee man, why not?
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2020, 03:31 PM)Joelist Wrote: If the Bengals really want to help trade Andy he and they should just rework his deal to slash the cap hit to a new team. It should be possible to do something like no guaranteed money at all, no signing bonus just take the 17 million and split it over 2 years.

That is what I am thinking, would help everyone this way. Dalton isn't making 17 mil next year regardless and he knows it.
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2020, 05:39 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Trade Dalton and Gio, pick up Lee man, why not?

Lee was a beast- looks like his knee must still be a problem..  

[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.propelio.com%2Fwp-c...f=1&nofb=1]

Reply/Quote
(04-20-2020, 05:51 PM)Shouldamapads Wrote: Lee was a beast- looks like his knee must still be a problem..  

Still would love to get him if it isn't career ending. Like you said, beast of a Receiver when healthy.
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2020, 09:26 AM)motoarch Wrote: No he's not.

Plus Minshew has room to grow and is cheaper.

Dalton is what he is and isn't getting better.

I dont think Minshew gets any better.

He's just cheaper.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Jax has 42, 73, and 116.

73 would be a blessing for Dalton at this point
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2020, 09:12 PM)Kingslayer Wrote: Jax has 42, 73, and 116.

73 would be a blessing for Dalton at this point

I’ll take anyone of their 4th round picks honestly. That would just be an added bonus dumping his contract imo is the bet part. Turn right around and don’t sign lee like some saying they should just extend mixon.
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2020, 09:08 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: I dont think Minshew gets any better.

He's just cheaper.

I'm not saying he is going to.

I'm saying there's a chance.  Daltons a known and he's not getting better.  And yes he more expensive.

Jags would have to be idiots to even consider picking him up.
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2020, 09:23 PM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: I’ll take anyone of their 4th round picks honestly.  That would just be an added bonus dumping his contract imo is the bet part.  Turn right around and don’t sign lee like some saying they should just extend mixon.

I would rather extend Mixon than sign Marquise, just saying I like Marquise Lee. Good player.
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2020, 09:24 PM)motoarch Wrote: I'm not saying he is going to.

I'm saying there's a chance.  Daltons a known and he's not getting better.  And yes he more expensive.

Jay Gruden the Jags new OC is said to be lobbying hard for Dalton in Jacksonville...

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

Reply/Quote
(04-20-2020, 10:37 PM)JSR18 Wrote: Jay Gruden the Jags new OC is said to be lobbying hard for Dalton in Jacksonville...

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

And Jay isn't an idiot...
Reply/Quote
Dalton only makes sense in Jacksonville if they are trying to win now. I'm not sold they are. They should be given their HC on the hot seat and Gruden not seemingly a coach you'd bring in for a rebuild.

But they are trading (or trying to) all their vets and star players.

That sounds like a rebuild. Mid season firing to me. What is their plan? Dalton shouldn't be in a hurry to find out.

I'd take Myles Jack in a player for player swap. That would help with their cap issue.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2020, 10:51 PM)jj22 Wrote: Dalton only makes sense in Jacksonville if they are trying to win now. I'm not sold they are. They should be given their HC on the hot seat and Gruden not seemingly a coach you'd bring in for a rebuild.

That sounds like a rebuild. Mid season firing to me. What is their plan? Dalton shouldn't be in a hurry to find out.

I'd take Myles Jack in a player for player swap. That would help with their cap issue.

Yeah, doesn't exactly scream all in, does it?  Who do they really have left?  To their chredit, they have managed to ravage both the offense and the defense.  Winning the starter job there might be a bad career move.

Seems like what they want in their QB is who can avoid the most inevitable lumps.  Or who can take the most. 
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(04-20-2020, 09:24 PM)motoarch Wrote: I'm not saying he is going to.

I just don't think Minshew is going to amount to much more then a decent back up. Thats not to say that he cant be better, but i think the writing is on the wall, and it looks like the Jags are heading into full tank mode.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
If there's a team that's a candidate for Tank for Trevor, it has to be Jacksonville. Trading for Dalton makes no sense, especially at his price tag.
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2020, 09:29 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I would rather extend Mixon than sign Marquise, just saying I like Marquise Lee. Good player.

Being out here in Jack the last few years I can assure you Lee is not worth a contract here. Especially with our current depth at WR. ALee wouldn’t be a potential replacement for AJ and Lee is nowhere near what he was at SC.
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2020, 10:51 PM)jj22 Wrote: Dalton only makes sense in Jacksonville if they are trying to win now. I'm not sold they are. They should be given their HC on the hot seat and Gruden not seemingly a coach you'd bring in for a rebuild.

Shad Khan has made it clear like he did last year that it IS win now out here in Jax and that if you don’t u will be replaced. Minshew is a glorified backup Dalton is their best chance to win now.
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2020, 12:58 PM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: Shad Khan has made it clear like he did last year that it IS win now out here in Jax and that if you don’t u will be replaced.  Minshew is a glorified backup Dalton is their best chance to win now.

Accepting that Dalton is better than Minshew when nothing about 2019 supports it requires blaming Daltons plummet on ZT, I'd say.

Minshew looked a lot better than Dalton in 2019.  Replacing him with Dalton when even an overpaid Foles couldn't keep him off the field seems unlikely. 

Not saying Minshew is great but why try to replace a popular and decent rookie who stepped up with a retread who won 2 games?  
Reply/Quote