Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Possible Spain return?
He tweeted this tonight…

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
I really hope so. We need all the help we can get on the Oline. Although back up T may be our weakest position right now.
Reply/Quote
He wouldn't hurt
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
I wouldn't be upset.....

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
I hope so, been asking for that since FA started to slow down. No reason not to grab some insurance
Reply/Quote
(08-13-2022, 02:00 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: He tweeted this tonight…

Loved what I saw from Volson.  Prince, Adeniji, and just about every other player I saw tonight were poo poo.  

Might be a better plan at this point.  
Reply/Quote
Would rather have him and let Volson compete, groom into position than whatever pure garbage they put out there last night. If they truly cared about Burrow they would cut Prince and Adeniji and wouldn’t put Carman near the starting rotation
Reply/Quote
I liked some of things I saw last night. But if it showed us anything concrete it's that our oline depth is suspect. So hopefully we add a piece or 2 before the season. This season can be really special if we can protect Joe.
Reply/Quote
(08-13-2022, 08:52 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Loved what I saw from Volson.  Prince, Adeniji, and just about every other player I saw tonight were poo poo.  

Might be a better plan at this point.  

This.  At this point, Carman looks as if he has not improved and our overall OL depth looks really shaky.  It just looked like they were getting their asses kicked all over the place.

Better just bring Spain in and quit wasting time.
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote
Wow...Spain was the scapegoat that supposedly was the cause of losing the SB on the Bengals last play. What a difference 6 months makes now wanting him to return.
Reply/Quote
(08-13-2022, 09:31 AM)BacknDaDey Wrote: Wow...Spain was the scapegoat that supposedly was the cause of losing the SB on the Bengals last play. What a difference 6 months makes now wanting him to return.

Fans are idiots

Spain was one of 2 bright spots on the o-line all year. Getting beat by the best D-lineman in the game is nothing to be ashamed of.

It’s like when people bash Eli Apple for playing good coverage, but still getting beat by the best WR in the league (Kupp)
Reply/Quote
(08-13-2022, 09:36 AM)Frank Booth Wrote: Fans are idiots

Spain was one of 2 bright spots on the o-line all year. Getting beat by the best D-lineman in the game is nothing to be ashamed of.

It’s like when people bash Eli Apple for playing good coverage, but still getting beat by the best WR in the league (Kupp)

Rep
Go Benton Panthers!!
Reply/Quote
(08-13-2022, 09:31 AM)BacknDaDey Wrote: Wow...Spain was the scapegoat that supposedly was the cause of losing the SB on the Bengals last play.  What a difference 6 months makes now wanting him to return.

Spain being the one who was immediately beat that resulted in Darnold quickly getting to Joe and Spain being better than what we currently are trotting out there can both be true statements. 
Reply/Quote
(08-13-2022, 09:31 AM)BacknDaDey Wrote: Wow...Spain was the scapegoat that supposedly was the cause of losing the SB on the Bengals last play.  What a difference 6 months makes now wanting him to return.

Who exactly scapegoated Spain? I never saw anything like that anywhere...
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(08-13-2022, 09:36 AM)Frank Booth Wrote: Fans are idiots

Evidently so is every NFL team out there since he is still unsigned by any and most teams needs O-line help. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
I'd like to see him back.
Reply/Quote
A few points:

We don't know what Spain wants salary-wise. That could be why he's not signed.

If he were on the field last night; he'd have been the best olineman out there

They are ruining Jackson; he's not a Guard. Reminds me when we kept trying Fred at OG. Fred's currently in TB and Wirf's backup at RT; that what Jackson needs to be here
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(08-13-2022, 10:21 AM)bfine32 Wrote: We don't know what Spain wants salary-wise. That could be why he's not signed.

Yeah though as time goes on I'd imagine he is willing to come down in price more and more. 

It is interesting to note that Riley Reiff got a 1 year deal from the Bears for 3 million. You could argue that despite his age and trouble staying healthy he is worth more (based on position and play) than Spain. I would have no problem with us dropping 2 million on Spain. I hope he wouldn't either. We get a starter while also creating depth by letting Volson be his backup and letting Carman backup Tackle hopefully. He gets to play and make some money. Who knows, maybe we even win the SB this year and he gets a chance to make people forget the last play he had in the last one (which yeah, blocking Aaron Donald isn't an easy ask). 

Reply/Quote
(08-13-2022, 12:51 PM)BoomerFan Wrote: Yeah though as time goes on I'd imagine he is willing to come down in price more and more. 

It is interesting to note that Riley Reiff got a 1 year deal from the Bears for 3 million. You could argue that despite his age and trouble staying healthy he is worth more (based on position and play) than Spain. I would have no problem with us dropping 2 million on Spain. I hope he wouldn't either. We get a starter while also creating depth by letting Volson be his backup and letting Carman backup Tackle hopefully. He gets to play and make some money. Who knows, maybe we even win the SB this year and he gets a chance to make people forget the last play he had in the last one (which yeah, blocking Aaron Donald isn't an easy ask). 

I think it was 13 mil for reiff 

Edit: While on the surface, the deal seemed contradictory to Ryan Poles' plan -- it's not. Reiff's base salary is just $3 million. According to Brad Biggs of the Chicago Tribune, he will receive another $4.5 million if he is on field for 10 percent of offensive snaps and if the team improves in any of six offensive categories (categories unknown). Another $2.5 million is tied to playing time and there is a $2M playoff bonus.
Reply/Quote
They saw what we saw last night. Spain isn't the answer tho, more like highlighting the failure to develop any Oline prospects. He may have been the best olineman last night, but that isn't saying much given who he was up against.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote