Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Possible Veteran WRs for our #4
What veteran WRs do you think would make a good #4 on our team? I think we need one because if one of our #1, #2, or #3 WRs go down we need an experienced backup to fill a spot and be productive.

Any thoughts?
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
Penei Sewell?

I kid....

Mike Thomas will get it done as a 4th/ 5th option.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(05-13-2021, 11:01 PM)jason Wrote: Penei Sewell?

I kid....

He would be hard to tackle... Tongue
Reply/Quote

I kid....

Would he 'get it done as a #3 or #2?
Reply/Quote

I kid....

Word is Chase is going to play spot 1-4. 

Mellow
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-13-2021, 11:03 PM)EatonFan Wrote: Would he 'get it done as a #3 or #2?

Nope... We saw that last year, but in theory (a pretty sound theory) we took care of that a coupla weeks ago. I know it was contentious before the draft, but I think it's safe to say that we're straight at the wideout position right now. Thomas is just a guy, but he's a professional, and he'll get the job done.

We can't build a roster planning for injuries to each and every position. Right now Thomas should get his 20 to 30 catches, his measley yards, 2 TDs, and we should be good.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(05-13-2021, 10:58 PM)EatonFan Wrote: What veteran WRs do you think would make a good #4 on our team? I think we need one because if one of our #1, #2, or #3 WRs go down we need an experienced backup to fill a spot and be productive.

Any thoughts?

I’d still like for them to trade a pick next year round 4/5 for ertz. I know he isn’t a WR, but he would be able to be a #3 pass catcher.

Golden tate wouldn’t be a bad #3, if an injury happened, but not sure he would settle for a number 4 role.

Maybe Kenny stills? Before last year he had a productive 4 year stretch. He can also stretch the field, which brings another element to the offense.
Reply/Quote
(05-13-2021, 11:31 PM)jason Wrote: Nope... We saw that last year, but in theory (a pretty sound theory) we took care of that a coupla weeks ago. I know it was contentious before the draft, but I think it's safe to say that we're straight at the wideout position right now. Thomas is just a guy, but he's a professional, and he'll get the job done.

We can't build a roster planning for injuries to each and every position. Right now Thomas should get his 20 to 30 catches, his measley yards, 2 TDs, and we should be good.

That’s why I think going and getting a guy like Ertz would make more sense. It would complete the roster out.
Reply/Quote
(05-13-2021, 10:58 PM)EatonFan Wrote: What veteran WRs do you think would make a good #4 on our team?  I think we need one because if one of our #1, #2, or #3 WRs go down we need an experienced backup to fill a spot and be productive.

Any thoughts?

DeDe Westbrook is my vote.
Reply/Quote
(05-13-2021, 11:27 PM)Benton Wrote: Word is Chase is going to play spot 1-4. 

Mellow

Heard he's gonna play guard then kick out to RT next year...

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote