Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Possible Waiver Wire/Team Cut Pickups
Josh Rosen - Because he's gonna get brought up

AJ Green CB - Just waived by the Browns who said he had a great camp.  Denzel Ward had great things to say.

Trey Adams OT - Rookie OT that had a decent college career but had injury concerns, may be a PS guy pickup.

Francis Bernard LB - Rookie LB from Dallas that had a great camp from all sources, was a big surprise he didn't make the 53.  Dallas Fans are going nuts, this could be a big pickup from all the buzz.

Nate Hairston CB - 4th year player who has battled injuries, but preformed well when on the field.

James Burgess LB - going into his 5th year and had a decent stint with the Jets last year.  Could be a special teams depth guy

Shaquem Griffin LB - One handed draft standout going into his 3rd year, but never really got starting time with the seahawks.  What he has shown is the ability to Rush the Passer.   Could be a rotational guy.

Mike Glennon QB - Solid backup vet

Sidney Jones CB - Tons of athletic potential and shown he can play at an NFL level

Stephen Sullivan TE - Played with Burrow at LSU and had a promising camp with seahawks.  

Chris Orr LB - Bengals spent time with him during the draft process

Rasul Douglas CB - Had two good seasons going into his 4th year

Jauan Jennings WR - I know we are super deep at the position, but the guy has tons of potential and 49rs were raving about him in training camp. Super suprised he didn't make the cut

David Blough QB - Former Lions Backup QB ( I don't know why im putting him on list but I enjoy the LoL's)

Anthony Chickillo LB - Vet Linebacker released by saints, above average player. Could be a nice pickup also has pass rush skills

Dakoda Shepley OG - CFL Standout that didn't make the 49rs 53 man roster. If they can somehow convince him he could rotate in would be a high potential upside guy

Prince Tega Wanogho OT/G - Showed potential in 2020 draft.

Bryce Hall CB - 2020 5th round draft pick, spent time on the covid list during training, didn't make team. potential

Evan Weaver LB - Talented but athletically limited

Calvin Throckmorton OL - diverse player with limited athletic talent

Demarcus Christmas NT - Plug

Let me know if you guys see anyone with potential
Will update this as they roll out.  

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2020, 01:19 PM)Okeana Wrote: Josh Rosen - Because he's gonna get brought up
AJ Green CB - Just waived by the Browns who said he had a great camp. Denzel Ward had great things to say.

Let me know if you guys see anyone with potential
Will update this as they roll out.

I’d do anything for a healthy AJ Green...
Reply/Quote
Pretty sure our staff had CB AJ Green in the senior bowl (remember that being a joke).

Also keep an eye on Chris Slayton, DT of the Giants.

I probably shouldn't be, but I'm surprised how many on this board think we might claim Rosen. I can almost guarantee we won't.
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2020, 01:28 PM)Geno_Can_Dunk Wrote: Pretty sure our staff had CB AJ Green in the senior bowl (remember that being a joke).

I probably shouldn't be, but I'm surprised how many on this board think we might claim Rosen. I can almost guarantee we won't.

I just put him on there because its semi-relevant 

Reply/Quote
(09-05-2020, 01:32 PM)Okeana Wrote: I just put him on there because its semi-relevant 

I understand, and that's what I figured. But in lots of other threads on this board people are vastly overrating him. 
Reply/Quote
Also keep an eye on CB Nate Hairston of the Jets. Reason I say that is the Jets traded a 6th round pick for him last year (2019), and our own DB coach, Steve Jackson, was their safeties coach at the time. Of course as their safeties coach maybe he didn't have much to do with that, but still. Also a little troubling that he couldn't make the jets crappy roster, but maybe they like their other (mostly no-name) CBs, who knows.
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2020, 01:28 PM)Geno_Can_Dunk Wrote: Pretty sure our staff had CB AJ Green in the senior bowl (remember that being a joke).

I thought the way you did until we cut Jake and Allen.

That and I found out Rosen only makes $750,000, less than Finley and Allen and a little more than Jake.

I say we grab Rosen and then sign Jake to the PS. Just have a hunch.

The guy has too much talent and no risk not to grab him now. FYI, I think we have 24 hours from 4 p.m.today to make a decision to place a waiver claim. Of course, we win if we claim him as we have #1 position on the waiver wire of anyone who has less than 4 years of experience who is cut.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
QB Mike Glennon was just cut by the Jags if we are looking for a veteran

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(09-05-2020, 02:16 PM)pally Wrote: QB Mike Glennon was just cut by the Jags if we are looking for a veteran

yeah I had just added him =)  

Reply/Quote
CB Sidney Jones to be released by the Eagles. A 2nd round pick who hasn't lived up to expectations there.
Reply/Quote
Vikings backup center Brett Jones was released (not waived, meaning we'd have to sign him outright).
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2020, 02:26 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: CB Sidney Jones to be released by the Eagles. A 2nd round pick who hasn't lived up to expectations there.

Definitely intruiging, albeit injury prone. 

Eagles are reportedly also waiving CB Rasul Douglas, who has lots of starting experience (he played poorly and got benched last year, but what does one expect on the waiver wire). 
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2020, 02:29 PM)Geno_Can_Dunk Wrote: Vikings backup center Brett Jones was released (not waived, meaning we'd have to sign him outright).

I don't think they move off price yet, he had a much better off season and he's starting to fill out.  Brett Jones hasn't played in over two years

Reply/Quote
(09-05-2020, 02:40 PM)Geno_Can_Dunk Wrote: Definitely intruiging, albeit injury prone. 

Eagles are reportedly also waiving CB Rasul Douglas, who has lots of starting experience (he played poorly and got benched last year, but what does one expect on the waiver wire). 

Yeah, its strange, Douglas had two pretty good seasons, but then fell off a cliff last year.  Maybe he was playing injured or them schemed him wrong.

Reply/Quote
(09-05-2020, 02:45 PM)Okeana Wrote: I don't think they move off price yet, he had a much better off season and he's starting to fill out.  Brett Jones hasn't played in over two years

True, I don't think they get rid of Price either, I just would rather him stay at guard. Frankly I think he's a terrible center. It's more Redmond I wish they would cut. 
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2020, 02:47 PM)Okeana Wrote: Yeah, its strange, Douglas had two pretty good seasons, but then fell off a cliff last year.  Maybe he was playing injured or them schemed him wrong.

I don't know the reason either, but maybe Zac can call up his brother and get the inside scoop. (It's not like the Eagles will be able to put him on their PS so why not tell the truth). 
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2020, 02:52 PM)Geno_Can_Dunk Wrote: True, I don't think they get rid of Price either, I just would rather him stay at guard. Frankly I think he's a terrible center. It's more Redmond I wish they would cut. 

I think price will be the swing guy and redmond will be cut.  

Reply/Quote
Really liked Sydney Jones coming out. He is my top target right now
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2020, 02:04 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I thought the way you did until we cut Jake and Allen.

That and I found out Rosen only makes $750,000, less than Finley and Allen and a little more than Jake.

I say we grab Rosen and then sign Jake to the PS. Just have a hunch.

The guy has too much talent and no risk not to grab him now. FYI, I think we have 24 hours from 4 p.m.today to make a decision to place a waiver claim. Of course, we win if we claim him as we have #1 position on the waiver wire of anyone who has less than 4 years of experience who is cut.
Regarding Rosen, I watched alot of his games here when he was  at UCLA and the guy showed alot of touch and good pocket presence in addition to  a good arm at the time. Maybe he just  needs a new environment. 
Reply/Quote
I like Sydney Jones and Hairston and AJ Green the CB. Crazy amount of good players getting released. Shocked

What an awesome time to have first dibs man.
Reply/Quote