Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Possible new helmet?
http://m.nflshop.com/Cincinnati_Bengals_Gear/Riddell_Cincinnati_Bengals_ICE_Revolution_Speed_Full-Size_Replica_Football_Helmet/partnerid/14471?ab=tlpfeatureproduct
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2017, 10:11 PM)Ricky Spanish Wrote: http://m.nflshop.com/Cincinnati_Bengals_Gear/Riddell_Cincinnati_Bengals_ICE_Revolution_Speed_Full-Size_Replica_Football_Helmet/partnerid/14471?ab=tlpfeatureproduct

I have this full size helmet and am waiting to get autos at training camp and various events. It's sweet!

It is not anything they will make available to teams. Riddell put one out for every team last October. By far the Bengals was the coolest. I first saw it at the proshop case during a game and it was mesmerizing. I called a day later and it was sold. I believe these were a somewhat limited production/time, but not really serial numbered that way.

The one I got was hard to get in stock as a lot of websites showed it as in stock, but Riddell was out. I had to find an actual online place that had the thing.
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2017, 10:11 PM)Ricky Spanish Wrote: http://m.nflshop.com/Cincinnati_Bengals_Gear/Riddell_Cincinnati_Bengals_ICE_Revolution_Speed_Full-Size_Replica_Football_Helmet/partnerid/14471?ab=tlpfeatureproduct

[Image: ff_2605063_full.jpg&w=3000&q=80]

I like it.  A lot. 

Reply/Quote
I never saw it before. Was just surprised while looking for a new hat.

Would look sweet with those white color rush unis
Reply/Quote
Here's a pic of mine.

It's showstoppingly pretty.

[attachment=326]
Reply/Quote
Training camp can't come fast enough....

Reply/Quote
(05-02-2017, 10:56 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: Training camp can't come fast enough....

Plenty of other threads out there. ThumbsUp I think this color combo would expand our fan base.

Reply/Quote
Am I going color blind or is there no color? I wished they just reversed the black and orange colors...
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2017, 11:21 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Am I going color blind or is there no color?  I wished they just reversed the black and orange colors...

it's monochromatic. Mat white with silver face mask and stripes. It looks awesome in person.
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2017, 11:23 PM)PDub80 Wrote: it's monochromatic. Mat white with silver face mask and stripes. It looks awesome in person.

This helmet actually exist?  That would be pretty different and nice!
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
That would be bad a*+ with the color rush uni
Reply/Quote
I loved our color rush uniforms against the dolphins last year, but the original orange helmets kinda ruined it. Need a White helmet with black stripes. I seriously would not mind if they made those color rush uniforms our permenant away jerseys. As long as we got the white helmet lol
Reply/Quote
Well, they wouldn't have to change every seat in the stadium.
Reply/Quote
Actually would like it with the color rush uni's but i think the white and black makes more sense than the silver...

Still love the stripes on our helmets, best helmets in the league by far.

Our orange helmets did look a little funky with our color rush uniforms last year though, this would fit better IMHO.
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2017, 07:51 AM)Takedown Wrote: I loved our color rush uniforms against the dolphins last year, but the original orange helmets kinda ruined it. Need a White helmet with black stripes. I seriously would not mind if they made those color rush uniforms our permenant away jerseys. As long as we got the white helmet lol

I think there's still some bulls*** rule that only one helmet design can be used. It applies to every team except the Rams for some reason  Whatever
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2017, 12:51 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: I think there's still some bulls*** rule that only one helmet design can be used. It applies to every team except the Rams for some reason  Whatever

I believe that is just a decal swap, correct?

regardless, it will be a cold day in pittsburgh before mb shells out cash for 2 sets of helmets.
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2017, 10:40 PM)Ricky Spanish Wrote: I never saw it before.  Was just surprised while looking for a new hat.

Would look sweet with those white color rush unis

was thinking maybe they decided the color rush is are new alt uni and get a helmet to go with it...
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2017, 12:57 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: I believe that is just a decal swap, correct?

regardless, it will be a cold day in pittsburgh before mb shells out cash for 2 sets of helmets.

It is but I really don't understand what difference it makes. Swap out a sticker, add new paint the week before, whatever. If I recall correctly Roger won't allow teams to alter helmets due to "safety reasons"... Huh??  Can someone explain to me how it makes the helmet any less safe by adding a different color of paint? There must be something I'm not grasping. I feel like theres more financial reasons...
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2017, 02:14 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: It is but I really don't understand what difference it makes. Swap out a sticker, add new paint the week before, whatever. If I recall correctly Roger won't allow teams to alter helmets due to "safety reasons"... Huh??  Can someone explain to me how it makes the helmet any less safe by adding a different color of paint? There must be something I'm not grasping. I feel like theres more financial reasons...

The helmets are not painted.  The plastics they use for the outer shells are colored according to the end use.  In the case of the Rams, and I believe the bronocos, they just swap out a different sticker on the side of the helmet.

Not sure what the case for player safety is in only allowing them to have one helmet.  
Reply/Quote
Ugly.

Why can't the just swap the colors on the helmet? Black with orange stripes.
Reply/Quote