Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Possible new names for Washington Redskins.
The DC Greenbacks.....Perfect symbolism for DC and sounds vaguely racist enough to keep everyone happy.

The DC Swamp Monsters......No explanation necessary.
Reply/Quote
If there's Buffalo Bills, there should be Washington Georges.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Washington Swamp People
Reply/Quote
Washington Indians
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(07-13-2020, 12:55 PM)Millhouse Wrote: Washington Indians

The USA capital team being named after the people of a country in Asia sounds logical.  In all seriousness, I can see Dan Snyder sour grape-ing some other terrible name into this situation.
Reply/Quote
(07-13-2020, 12:46 PM)hollodero Wrote: If there's Buffalo Bills, there should be Washington Georges.

Rep.

Not only is it pretty clever, but it gave me another idea.

The Washington Bills new mascot

[Image: 130114152903-abc-schoolhouse-rock-just-a...inment.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I like Redtails

The most creative I've heard is Pigskins

It's reported Snyder wants Warriors
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(07-13-2020, 12:56 PM)Nately120 Wrote: The USA capital team being named after the people of a country in Asia sounds logical.  In all seriousness, I can see Dan Snyder sour grape-ing some other terrible name into this situation.

Exactly. They can even have a Curry Day in which all those that attend get 50% off a chicken curry & rice meal (1 nan bread too). Speaking of & off topic, I do miss our local Indian restaurant that had a lunch buffet. I rated that little buffet over any chinese buffet within 50 miles of here.

Reply/Quote
(07-13-2020, 01:03 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Rep.

Not only is it pretty clever, but it gave me another idea.

The Washington Bills new mascot

[Image: 130114152903-abc-schoolhouse-rock-just-a...inment.jpg]

I can't tell you how excited I was that Schoolhouse Rock is on Disney+.

Anyway, the one I keep seeing in the fandom's Twitterverse (I live in Virginia, so it's the "local" team) is the Redwolves.

I prefer they go with something denoting the area. There are the Nats and the Caps, I'd like to see something in that same theme.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
I like the Washington Filibusters myself. (....crawls slowly back under my rock...)
Reply/Quote
(07-13-2020, 12:56 PM)Nately120 Wrote:  I can see Dan Snyder sour grape-ing some other terrible name into this situation.

Think if he announced they would be called the "Bucks".  .  .  .   and then revealed the mascot to be a large black slave.

On a serious note, I think he might try to keep some reference to native Americans but something that is not offensive.  Maybe the name of an actual tribe that lived in that area.  Or as someone else has said the "Warriors".
Reply/Quote
(07-13-2020, 01:49 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I can't tell you how excited I was that Schoolhouse Rock is on Disney+.

They were amazingly effective tools of education.  The fact that most of us still remember them today proves this.

We got the entire collection on DVD when my kids were younger.  There were more than I remembered and my kids loved them.  My daughter who will be a senior this year has a couple of her favorites on her phone.
Reply/Quote
Redtails and Red Wolves are popular here in MD.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(07-13-2020, 02:29 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Think if he announced they would be called the "Bucks".  .  .  .   and then revealed the mascot to be a large black slave.

On a serious note, I think he might try to keep some reference to native Americans but something that is not offensive.  Maybe the name of an actual tribe that lived in that area.  Or as someone else has said the "Warriors".

I think they'd be wise to completely cut ties with anything related to native americans and just go for the USA A-OK route.  I can see the cynical value in the Washington Veterans or some other jingoistic patriotic thing in order to placate the people who see changing from Redskins as some sort of cancel-culture PC bs move (even though people were pointing out the insensitive nature for a long time) AND going with an ultra patriotic name sends a big ol' middle finger to the division rival Cowboys with their "America's Team" moniker.  

If you root for any team but them, the terrorists win.
Reply/Quote
If he is smart he will name them the "American Flags".

That way it will be wrong for anyone to ever criticize the team in any way.
Reply/Quote
(07-13-2020, 01:16 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I like Redtails

I like redtails a lot too.
Reply/Quote
(07-13-2020, 06:13 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: I like redtails a lot too.

That's because you're into S&M. I was talking more like this:

Reply/Quote
(07-13-2020, 05:25 PM)fredtoast Wrote: If he is smart he will name them the "American Flags".

That way it will be wrong for anyone to ever criticize the team in any way.

The Washington Black Lives Matter.

If you don't support them you're racist.

If you defeat them it's a Hate Crime. 

Reply/Quote
(07-13-2020, 04:06 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I think they'd be wise to completely cut ties with anything related to native americans and just go for the USA A-OK route.  I can see the cynical value in the Washington Veterans or some other jingoistic patriotic thing in order to placate the people who see changing from Redskins as some sort of cancel-culture PC bs move (even though people were pointing out the insensitive nature for a long time) AND going with an ultra patriotic name sends a big ol' middle finger to the division rival Cowboys with their "America's Team" moniker.  

If you root for any team but them, the terrorists win.

the Washington Enforcers

[Image: i4.png]

Reply/Quote
(07-13-2020, 06:59 PM)Millhouse Wrote: the Washington Enforcers

[Image: i4.png]

too much of a copy of Georgetown. 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Reply/Quote