Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Post BYE - Where do we stand?
Moving on past the BYE week...Azuwie out long term (pretty much for the year), Chase (temporarily) out, anyway...do we have a chance, guys?

I say yes...but my glass is usually half full.

What say you?
Reply/Quote
Unfortunately all the teams we needed to lose won today... Jets, Dolphins, Chargers and Patriots

Going to need to get hot out of the bye..

That 0-2 start really shining it's light.
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
Today was great, couldn't have gone much better, but I want to see some consistency before I think 'we're back!'.

If we come out of the bye and roll Pittsburgh, then hopefully it means we'll hit the home straight of the season in good form.

Imo, our season has been quite a mess, injuries are stacking... but we're 5-4. We've done the necessary so far to still be in the hunt, and so if we can hit some consistent form then we're very well placed to make it in and make some noise.
Reply/Quote
When is Chase back?
Reply/Quote
Remember we should have Reader and Chase and Hilton back after the bye. They NEED to find another CB over the bye.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Well Ravens won't have Bateman nor Andrews for tomorrow's game so maybe we can squeak out the Division again.
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2022, 06:24 PM)WVUHomer Wrote: Well Ravens won't have Bateman nor Andrews for tomorrow's game so maybe we can squeak out the Division again.

Ravens have a weak schedule down the stretch...  even with a loss tomorrow it's a stretch.

I think it's WC or bust 
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2022, 06:15 PM)packerbacker Wrote: When is Chase back?

Hopefully for the Tennessee game that would be 3 games and 4 weeks after the injury

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
If we hit a !##% extra point against the Steelers we'd be in much better shape. McPherson has not been good this year.
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2022, 06:27 PM)QueenCity Wrote: Ravens have a weak schedule down the stretch...  even with a loss tomorrow it's a stretch.

I think it's WC or bust 

I can see Baltimore dropping some games here and there honestly.
Reply/Quote
Dolphins and Jets are really hitting a stride and could overtake Buffalo to the the AFC East. We just need to be the same record of at least one of them to sneak into the WC with our tiebreakers.
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2022, 06:28 PM)EatonFan Wrote: If we hit a !##% extra point against the Steelers we'd be in much better shape.  McPherson has not been good this year.

Definitely shows how important a holder is.
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2022, 06:34 PM)M.W. Wrote: Definitely shows how important a holder is.

I thought it was the snapper that was the issue
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2022, 06:31 PM)NotBigzo Wrote: Dolphins and Jets are really hitting a stride and could overtake Buffalo to the the AFC East. We just need to be the same record of at least one of them to sneak into the WC with our tiebreakers.

Who would have thought the East would be the best division?  They have 8 more wins than the Too-Early-Crowned West.

Reply/Quote
(11-06-2022, 06:28 PM)EatonFan Wrote: If we hit a !##% extra point against the Steelers we'd be in much better shape. McPherson has not been good this year.

You mean when Wilcox filled in as the long snapper and we couldn’t hit two field goals because of it?
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2022, 06:59 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Who would have thought the East would be the best division?  They have 8 more wins than the Too-Early-Crowned West.

If you told raiders fans they wouldn’t do too well they probably be reserved that they were a good team in a hard division. But their division sucks and they’re still doing awful.
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2022, 06:31 PM)NotBigzo Wrote: Dolphins and Jets are really hitting a stride and could overtake Buffalo to the the AFC East. We just need to be the same record of at least one of them to sneak into the WC with our tiebreakers.

Good thing about Dolphins and Jets is we own the Head-to-Head
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-06-2022, 06:55 PM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: I thought it was the snapper that was the issue

You're correct bad snap
Reply/Quote
We have the talent to beat everyone remaining on our schedule. Bills and Chiefs are at home. Buccs are a shell of what they were. We also get Ravens and Browns at home.
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2022, 06:03 PM)GridironMonarch Wrote: Moving on past the BYE week...Azuwie out long term (pretty much for the year), Chase (temporarily) out, anyway...do we have a chance, guys?

I say yes...but my glass is usually half full.

What say you?

Going into TEN, you're likely (hopefully) looking at 6-4.

Right now, Bengals are sitting just outside the playoffs. 
Jets, Dolphins, and Chargers are in the wildcard spots.
Chargers are half a game ahead of the Bengals.
Patriots are tied with the Bengals right now.

Bengals are very likely going to have to get to 9 wins to make the playoffs, but they might not make it with that record depending on tiebreakers.
10 wins is probably the safe goal to get in.

With all that said and assuming Bengals get a win vs PIT (not guaranteed), Bengals will need to get (at least) 3 wins against the following remaining teams:
TEN (currently 5-2)
KC (currently 5-2)
BUF (currently 6-2)
CLE (already lost to them once, haven't beaten them since 2019)
BAL (already lost to them once, currently 5-3)
TB (currently 3-5 but arguably not as bad their record indicates)
NE (currently 5-4, made playoffs last year)

The teams the Bengals might be most likely to beat are NE and TB out of that group, but that'd still only put them at 8 wins.
They'll need to find (at least) one more win against TEN, KC, BUF, CLE, and BAL.
I can't see how the Bengals would be favored in any of those matchups given the current landscape.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote