Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Post Draft Roster Moves
(04-30-2019, 11:25 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I wonder how many times the emergency long snapper gets called into duty?

About as much as the emergency place-holder. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
They are not trading or cutting anyone on the offensive line until training camp. No one out there is wanting to trade for Bobby Hart or Clint Boling. Maybe once other players start getting hurt but not right now. They are going to go through training camp and see how these guys do with the new coaches and new schemes.

The FA LBs have been out there for some time now and haven't signed with anyone. Makes you think they are asking for too much money, have some kind of injury issue, have an attitude issue, or don't fit what the coaches are looking for.

I see us still adding and subtracting at the bottom of the roster but nothing among the players actually competing for the 53 unless some other team releases somebody who fits

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(05-01-2019, 10:34 AM)pally Wrote: They are not trading or cutting anyone on the offensive line until training camp.  No one out there is wanting to trade for Bobby Hart or Clint Boling.  Maybe once other players start getting hurt but not right now.  They are going to go through training camp and see how these guys do with the new coaches and new schemes.

The FA LBs have been out there for some time now and haven't signed with anyone.  Makes you think they are asking for too much money, have some kind of injury issue, have an attitude issue, or don't fit what the coaches are looking for.  

I see us still adding and subtracting at the bottom of the roster but nothing among the players actually competing for the 53 unless some other team releases somebody who fits

I agree on most of your points. The question becomes will the ZT want to bring in his guys to fit his offensive and defensive schemes. If he does, there be a cut coming with a long time vet we never saw coming.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2019, 10:34 AM)pally Wrote: They are not trading or cutting anyone on the offensive line until training camp. No one out there is wanting to trade for Bobby Hart or Clint Boling. Maybe once other players start getting hurt but not right now. They are going to go through training camp and see how these guys do with the new coaches and new schemes.

The FA LBs have been out there for some time now and haven't signed with anyone. Makes you think they are asking for too much money, have some kind of injury issue, have an attitude issue, or don't fit what the coaches are looking for.

Think you are selling Boling very short here Pally...
Reply/Quote
They are not cutting Hart or trading Boiling. Maybe if they were able to land Taylor, Ford, or Risner. As bad as Hart plays, I am willing to give Turner a shot at fixing some issues but Hart will likely be an expensive bench player in case of injury. MJ can play either guard spot so I do not see them trading Boiling. I do not know what Glenn's contract status is but I think they keep him another year and draft eventually RT in next draft along with another guard.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(04-30-2019, 11:54 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Trade Dalton now that we have his replacement?

First came Macaroni Madness, now we have the Finley Fever, and there is no cure. 
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2019, 02:08 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Think you are selling Boling very short here Pally...

Not on playing ability, just on the prospect of someone coming to trade for him at this point in the off season

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(05-01-2019, 05:54 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: First came Macaroni Madness, now we have the Finley Fever, and there is no cure. 

I just want people to be calling for Dalton's head and to be replaced by Findley. Hilarious
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2019, 06:34 PM)pally Wrote: Not on playing ability, just on the prospect of someone coming to trade for him at this point in the off season

I am sure there are plenty of teams out there that would want as versatile of a Lineman as Boling at this point, doesn't mean i would want to trade him. I would trade Cordy Glenn before Boling everytime over our best Lineman.
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2019, 05:54 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: First came Macaroni Madness, now we have the Finley Fever, and there is no cure. 

The first interception will seal this idea.

Reply/Quote