Poll: Will the General Mood on the message board become euphoric Post Draft ?
Count on it – Holes will appear filled & Post Draft euphoria will set in on the Board
The Draft moves the mood towards positive but most Posters stay below euphoric
Most Posters will keep an even keel Post Draft
Something about the Draft Plan seems off just enough to move the mood to negative on the Board
Not this time – Most Posters know better than to get too excited Post Draft
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Post Draft message board Euphoria predictor POLL
(04-24-2019, 05:09 PM)depthchart Wrote: The New Coach & Staff definitely adds to the excitement factor plus adds some hope.

Might as well get euphoric while we have the chance... 

As much as I've ripped the team for a botched DC search and a terrible free agency, I'm definitely counting the days til the draft. I'm pretty excited to see how it plays out. Just wish I could feel that excitement during free agency too, once in a blue moon. 
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2019, 05:09 PM)depthchart Wrote: The New Coach & Staff definitely adds to the excitement factor plus adds some hope.

Might as well get euphoric while we have the chance... 

This is why voted "count on it." The coaching change alone excites the heck out of me. Although I don't think we are as weak in some positions as most, I feel we will address what we can to the best of our abilities and coach up the rest. ZT seems like a guy who is going to hold players accountable and reinstall discipline to the team which has not been present. That alone should step up the effort the players put into it and the dedication to win will also play a huge factor.

Although I voted "count on it." I'm not convinced we are super bowl bound this way either. My realistic expectations are 2-3 years for some playoff wins, but earlier would be better.  Cool

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2019, 03:59 PM)fredtoast Wrote: BengalChris in a negative mood?

And that is supposed to be "new"?

Hilarious

I'm usually in a good mood going into the draft as I see the possibilities of team improvement. Sometimes i'm happy with the results, sometimes not. This year I'm more or less not expecting much. I know I should be expecting the team to draft well, but Mike Brown being involved in the draft keeps coming to mind and the good thoughts disappear.

Reply/Quote
The euphoria crystal ball at my house says the Bengals draft a wr somewhere around the 6th and he's a workout warrior, a real specimen! The guy reminds you of a statue made by Michelangelo! And therein will lie the problem ...a statue and ever present practice squad guy that fans love and adore. ...and hate at the same time.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Where is the Cry Havoc and Let Slip the Dogs of War option? Because that's still a possibility.

Not saying Dillard would put me quite there, but I'd be vexed and harried.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(04-24-2019, 03:54 PM)depthchart Wrote: I agree.

Post Draft is a great time to be a Bengal fan and I also buy in to many of the Bengal Plans.

I even thought that Cedric would surely be developed and ready when Whitworth left & that the Bengals would not have let Whitworth leave unless they knew that Cedric was ready.

Then last year that the O-line would be ready enough with Pollack brought in and the Glenn/Price additions. Linebackers bolstered with Preston Brown and new rookie Malik working his way in.

Hope springs eternal this time of year and I do enjoy that chance for optimism.

But have we been good fans or suckers at times. Mellow

Regardless of who is drafted and I do believe our team will be better coached and win some games,but this new coaching staff is in for a huge surprise when they begin to compete in this AFC-N. They will have their eyes opened up as to how HARD it is to win in this division and I hope ZT has some say in this draft,after all Tobin blew it with fisher and number 70,both huge busts.I still see us at 8 and 8 maybe,after all a new staff and honestly AJ will get hurt again.He is too frail and he gets hammered every game.We need that Brown receiver from Mississippi.He is strong and a stud and will be great in nfl.I so hope we draft more O-lineman and I have been saying on here Andre Dillare and Dexter Lawrence and those two are exactly what Lap has said.Call me a long time fan who knows football,go back and read my posts.I have said Dillard and Lawrence on here.Dexter Lawrence would be my pick at 11.He is going to be great and no one call block him.I will be happy with whoever they draft,but I do not trust Tobin after he blew it in 2015 with two busts on Offense.Hope the new staff and him get it right this time and if they take a qb at 11,I will become a cowboys fan.just kidding,although I have always like Jerry Jones and his style and he is good friends with Mike Brown as well as myself.After all he does not control with goes on in the game,the players do and we have had over the years,2nd grade players and I still believe the steelers will win the division AGAIN.HOPE NOT BUT UNTIL WE DO WIN I WILL NOT BELIEVE .This draft is going to make us well and I believe by year two,ZT and company will have it figured out and we will take the division.He is in for a huge surprise about our division. ThumbsUp :andy:
Reply/Quote
I don't follow college football. So I don't get as hyped up about the draft as most. This explains why I am not as sympathetic to flops like Ross or Obughei. Yes, I am aware for many, the transition takes time for some while the really good ones, will start from day one. When you get selected in the 1st round though, you are expected to be the best of the best in your position and mostly capable of starting or being productive by year 2. When you are in the NFL, it doesn't matter if you were drafted, scouted, came from abroad or made the tryouts after your buddy suggested you do it at the local bar. Not following college tends to make me unbiased when they come to the NFL or have a soft heart to players playing for Ohio. That said, I hope the team drafts LBs. If we actively signed players to improve the team before the draft, then I would strategize by drafting the BEST players available rather than need. But we can't draft the best players if you don't have your holes filled by the time the draft arrives. My 2 pennies.
Reply/Quote
I think the board response will be typical. We have our eternal optimists and pessimists and those that fall somewhere in between. Barring a drastic change in draft philosophy, I don’t see many reactions being different than the typical nature of each fan. Personally, I hope for a draft that lands us an impact player in round 1 and sets us up to be successful in the future. If the draft is focused on drafting for now and we are reaching for needs, I can’t get too exited about that.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2019, 10:02 AM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: Where is the Cry Havoc and Let Slip the Dogs of War option? Because that's still a possibility.

Not saying Dillard would put me quite there, but I'd be vexed and harried.

Perhaps mildly perturbed?  Smirk
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Now that Mediocre Merv and His Merry Band of Tenured Bums have been shown the door, I'm going to try and remain even keeled like I have been since the Taylor era began.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(04-24-2019, 05:35 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: As much as I've ripped the team for a botched DC search and a terrible free agency, I'm definitely counting the days til the draft. I'm pretty excited to see how it plays out. Just wish I could feel that excitement during free agency too, once in a blue moon. 

....liking what I am hearing out of camp from the players about Capt. Lou.  "Straight shooter", "no gray areas" are a couple of things that stood out to me.  He may not be worth a damn, but it appears there'll be less confusion on assignments, and if it's right, it's right, if it's wrong, it's wrong.  After watching the defense wonder around aimlessly on the field last year with players looking at each other shrugging, this is at least a step in the right direction.  I know, I know, it's WAY TOO EARLY, but if he allows them to play fast and simplify things, that can't be anything but an improvement.....even if it's marginal.

Reply/Quote
(04-25-2019, 01:03 PM)Wyche Wrote: ....liking what I am hearing out of camp from the players about Capt. Lou.  "Straight shooter", "no gray areas" are a couple of things that stood out to me.  He may not be worth a damn, but it appears there'll be less confusion on assignments, and if it's right, it's right, if it's wrong, it's wrong.  After watching the defense wonder around aimlessly on the field last year with players looking at each other shrugging, this is at least a step in the right direction.  I know, I know, it's WAY TOO EARLY, but if he allows them to play fast and simplify things, that can't be anything but an improvement.....even if it's marginal.

Didn't like the guy's resume, and for now that's pretty much all we have to go on. Then again, no one liked Jay Gruden's resume either. We'll see. I certainly wish the guy great success. It'd be difficult not to improve on Teryl Austin. That may have been the worst Bengals defense I've ever seen. No exaggeration. 
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2019, 03:03 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: It'd be difficult not to improve on Teryl Austin. That may have been the worst Bengals defense I've ever seen. No exaggeration. 

Agreed.

And he had some talent to work with.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2019, 12:53 PM)Wyche Wrote: Now that Mediocre Merv and His Merry Band of Tenured Bums have been shown the door, I'm going to try and remain even keeled like I have been since the Taylor era began.

X2

It's been hard a couple times but I'm trying hard not to pass judgement on any of the decisions made thus far under ZT.
Reply/Quote
I feel like the Williams pick was a great one. Anytime you get your pick of OT's where we picked, it's a great option.

Really I feel like most teams are likely happy so far. Buffalo go Oliver.

I wonder IF Williams was gone, if we would have taken Oliver? I wonder IF Haskins was in the discussion. It seems like teams must have thought we were going Bush, as several were trying to trade in front of us.

I do see OT as our biggest need too. It played out rather perfectly.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2019, 01:03 PM)Wyche Wrote: ....liking what I am hearing out of camp from the players about Capt. Lou.  "Straight shooter", "no gray areas" are a couple of things that stood out to me.  He may not be worth a damn, but it appears there'll be less confusion on assignments, and if it's right, it's right, if it's wrong, it's wrong.  After watching the defense wonder around aimlessly on the field last year with players looking at each other shrugging, this is at least a step in the right direction.  I know, I know, it's WAY TOO EARLY, but if he allows them to play fast and simplify things, that can't be anything but an improvement.....even if it's marginal.

Communication is a big thing especially when installing a new scheme.

I heard one of the Steelers LB's on the radio once talking about communication. He said how a guy might be struggling, then a coach gives an insight and it might be a minor technical issue that turns him into a star. Like something as simple as moving 6 inches to the right when you pass rush and then that makes everything click.
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2019, 10:36 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I feel like the Williams pick was a great one. Anytime you get your pick of OT's where we picked, it's a great option.

Really I feel like most teams are likely happy so far. Buffalo go Oliver.

I wonder IF Williams was gone, if we would have taken Oliver? I wonder IF Haskins was in the discussion. It seems like teams must have thought we were going Bush, as several were trying to trade in front of us.

I do see OT as our biggest need too. It played out rather perfectly.

Absolutely.  We got the number 4 rated PLAYER in the entire draft at 11.  Huge get for this team.  He can play anywhere on the line, and has said he'll play anywhere to help a team.  This guy is a player.....and as Turner said, "This kid just blocks anyone you put in front of him in the best conference in college football"......not to mention, he went up against some of the best talent in the nation every day in practice.  A VERY solid choice.

(04-26-2019, 10:38 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Communication is a big thing especially when installing a new scheme.

I heard one of the Steelers LB's on the radio once talking about communication. He said how a guy might be struggling, then a coach gives an insight and it might be a minor technical issue that turns him into a star. Like something as simple as moving 6 inches to the right when you pass rush and then that makes everything click.

100% :andy:

Reply/Quote
(04-24-2019, 04:01 PM)fredtoast Wrote: The draft is not "automatic Kool Aid".

There will be a large portion who will be upset no matter who we take.

I might have to eat a little crow here.

I know some people wanted Bush, but overall most people seem happy with our pick.

**caveat** I was not here when the pick was made last night.
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2019, 01:54 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I might have to eat a little crow here.

I know some people wanted Bush, but overall most people seem happy with our pick.

**caveat** I was not here when the pick was made last night.

I kind of didn't want us to take Bush.

On the Bengals Instagram people seemed overwhelmingly unhappy that we didn't take Haskins. Which I think is interesting because I didn't read one person here express the same disappointment that I recall.
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2019, 03:16 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I kind of didn't want us to take Bush.

On the Bengals Instagram people seemed overwhelmingly unhappy that we didn't take Haskins. Which I think is interesting because I didn't read one person here express the same disappointment that I recall.

The only people who seem disappointed with our pick last night are the people who wanted Haskins.

I was at the draft party last night, and at the start Lapham went down the list - "How many people want a linebacker? How many people want an offensive tackle? How many people want a quarterback?" I was actually really surprised at how few people spoke up for a QB considering there were probably a ton of OSU fans there.
Reply/Quote