Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Post Interesting Facts / Tidbits Here!!!
I really enjoy fascinating little tidbits of information that people dig up this time of year. You know, info that makes you go, "Wow, I didn't know that!"

Here's one I came across that I found interesting.

The Bengals accumulated just as many playoff wins(3) in a period of just 15 days as the Pittsburgh Steelers have had in over a decade (since the 2010-11 season).

If you have any interesting facts, trivia, stats, tidbits of info , etc... about this Bengals' team and season, this Superbowl or past Superbowls, or anything Cincy football related,  please share them here. I would love to hear anything interesting you come across.    Thanks.
Reply/Quote
Bengals are 8-0 this season(including playoffs) when they hold the opposition to 20 points or less.
Reply/Quote
The last six teams to enter the Super Bowl as underdogs of 4 or more points are 5-1 straight up.
Reply/Quote
It has only happened maybe 3 times in NFL history. The Bengals kicked off both halves so they chose the wind direction in the face of the Chargers during the Freezer Bowl instead of receiving the ball in the second half. That is why the decision is called deferring until the second half. Does not mean you choose to receive the kickoff. You can choose which goal to defend.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
It had to be the fact that no other team went from only winning four games the year before to winning the Super Bowl the next year. It took a little bit of digging, but it turns out the opposing team, the Rams (St. Louis at the time) won only 4 games in 1998 and then won the Super Bowl in 1999.

The Bengals could be the second team to do it, although their overall record in 2020 was slightly better than the 1998 Rams at 4-11-1. But guess what the Bengals record was in 1987, the year before the Bengal's last Super Bowl appearance? 4-11. Why was it not 4-12, you might ask? There was a strike that year and one game was canceled. Take a wild guess who the Bengals would have been playing? The Los Angeles Rams, who at that time were playing at Anaheim stadium. (Cue Twilight Zone theme)
Reply/Quote
Burrow is a perfect 6-0 in every game the opposition has been favored to win this season.. 6-zip! ..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Lincoln had a secretary named Kennedy, and Kennedy had a secretary named Lincoln...or something like that.
Reply/Quote
54 Superbowls were played without the Host City making it... Then the Last 2 the Host city has made it each time.
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2022, 09:36 AM)JumboTron Wrote: Lincoln had a secretary named Kennedy, and Kennedy had a secretary named Lincoln...or something like that.

This took some digging but Lincoln's very last words before he expired were "WHO DEY!"
Reply/Quote
"We've got a better chance of winning this battle than the Rams have of beating the Bengals in 2022."....... Davy Crockett, probably.
Reply/Quote
Isacc Curtis took second in the NCAA 100 yard dash in 1971 and ran a leg on the wining Cal 4x1 team.

Paul Robinson our first 1000 yard rusher was a 400m hurdler while at Arizona.

Ken Anderson one of two Augustana alums to play NFL football, the other cat played two games in 1939.
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2022, 03:22 AM)Science Friction Wrote: Bengals are  8-0  this season(including playoffs) when they hold the opposition to 20 points or less.

Ummm.... The game against the Bears?  Nervous
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
The Bengals defense have more sacks this postseason than the Rams (8-4)
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
Heres one.
The teams the Bengals beat to get to
The Super Bowl. They all originated from the AFL league.
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2022, 01:44 PM)impactplaya Wrote: Heres one.
The teams the Bengals beat to get to
The Super Bowl. They all originated from the AFL league.

The only non AFL teams in the AFC are the Colts, Steelers, and Browns plus the expansion Ravens, Jaguars, and Texans.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
This is only the 5th super bowl matchup where both teams have animal mascots, and the animal who would win in a fight between the two has never won.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
In the 12 playoff games, the QB's who had at least 1.5 points more in combined attempt results (ypa, aya, nya and anya) during the regular season are 9-0 in head to head matchups in the postseason. 

In the SB matchup, Burrow is 1.7 points higher than Stafford. 

Burrow (32.8) d Carr (28.5)                         -4.3
Mahomes (28.9) d Roethlisberger (23.2)       -5.7
Allen (26.3) d Jones (27.0)                          -0.7
Stafford (31.1) d Murray (29.5)                    -1.6
Garappollo (32.0) d Prescott (29.7)               -2.3
Brady (29.6) d Hurts (27.3)                          -2.3

Burrow (32.8) d Tannehill (25.0)                   -7.8
Mahomes (28.9) d Allen (26.3)                     -2.6
Stafford (31.1) d Brady (29.6)                      -1.5
Garappollo (32.0) d Rodgers (31.1)               -0.9

Burrow (32.8) d Mahomes (28.9)                  -3.9
Stafford (31.1) d Garappollo (32.0)               -0.9
Reply/Quote
John Tyler, the 10th US President, was born in 1790 just 14 years after the US declared independence.

One of his grandsons are still living today. So 3 generations of a family have spanned 231 of the 245 years this country existed.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2022, 02:25 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: In the 12 playoff games, the QB's who had at least 1.5 points more in combined attempt results (ypa, aya, nya and anya) during the regular season are 9-0 in head to head matchups in the postseason. 

In the SB matchup, Burrow is 1.7 points higher than Stafford. 

Burrow (32.8) d Carr (28.5)                         -4.3
Mahomes (28.9) d Roethlisberger (23.2)       -5.7
Allen (26.3) d Jones (27.0)                          -0.7
Stafford (31.1) d Murray (29.5)                    -1.6
Garappollo (32.0) d Prescott (29.7)               -2.3
Brady (29.6) d Hurts (27.3)                          -2.3

Burrow (32.8) d Tannehill (25.0)                   -7.8
Mahomes (28.9) d Allen (26.3)                     -2.6
Stafford (31.1) d Brady (29.6)                      -1.5
Garappollo (32.0) d Rodgers (31.1)               -0.9

Burrow (32.8) d Mahomes (28.9)                  -3.9
Stafford (31.1) d Garappollo (32.0)               -0.9

Who in the world has time to sit around and think this stuff up??

I like it though. Big Grin

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2022, 02:44 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Who in the world has time to sit around and think this stuff up??

I like it though. Big Grin

I'd also like to add how does one even know this can be thought up!?

Confused
Reply/Quote