Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is Derwin James Off The Table Now?
(03-15-2018, 01:17 PM)Stewy Wrote: Oh hell.  My apologies.  I misread (just reread) your post.  I thought those were your wish options for the bengals in the first round.  Again, apologies.

I actually thought the same as well when I first read it. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I'm hoping either Vea or Edmunds falls. I would take either of them before any offensive linemen not named Quenton Nelson.

I think they can grab a Center in the 2nd and an OT in the 3rd. I don't think Orlando Brown will fall to the third, but there will be others that can be there (Rankin, Okorafor, O'Neil). I hope the Bengals get two LB's from this draft and a DL early. I think the focus should be on stopping the run this year.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2018, 12:54 AM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: I'm hoping either Vea or Edmunds falls. I would take either of them before any offensive linemen not named Quenton Nelson.

I think they can grab a Center in the 2nd and an OT in the 3rd. I don't think Orlando Brown will fall to the third, but there will be others that can be there (Rankin, Okorafor, O'Neil). I hope the Bengals get two LB's from this draft and a DL early. I think the focus should be on stopping the run this year.

I have a feeling that unless Vea can drop in coverage, Austin doesn't want him.

So it has gone like thus:

Ring, ring..
Austin: Hello
Marvin: Hey man , its Marv.
Austin: Hey Marv, wassup.
Marvin: Come to Cincy. We got Geno, Burfict, Dunalp and some young folks in secondary.
Austin: Really? That's it???
Marvin: Yea... AND we got the 12th pick. You get that AND the second round pick.
Austin: Aight. I guess...

Fast forward to March 14:
Ring, ring..
Austin: Hello
Marvin: We had to move back. Glenn was on the block and ... you know. 
Austin: WTF Marv. I'm now at 21?
Marvin: Yeah T - its not me. Its the Man upstairs. You still got 21 and MAYBE the second rounder.
Austin: WTF. That's what happened in Motor City man... I coulda stayed there for this s#&t.

Life of a HC and traveling DC.....waiting for his shot at a HC gig.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2018, 01:34 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: I figured that was what you meant.  No worries.  My post was more to the point that I can't see James in the top 5 under any circumstance.

yeah i get that now.  =)
Reply/Quote