Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Post draft, who is your surprise vet that gets cut?
Another year another draft and roster turnover.
Alot of positions like DE and DT are going to have alot
Of competition with the trench heavy draft we just
Saw over the weekend.
Every year there is always a vet that gets cut that
We never see coming.
Well here is choice.

CJ Uzomah.
I think this might be a final year of contract.
They brought on Thaddeus Moss and Pro Wells.
Judging on the draft choices the TE spot will be
Complimentary more than focal in the 11 personel
I can CJ being cut in order to free up.more cap space
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2021, 12:36 PM)impactplaya Wrote: Another year another draft and roster turnover.
Of competition with the  trench heavy draft we just
Saw over the weekend.
We never see coming.
Well here is choice.

CJ Uzomah.

That's a tough one, he was having a really good year prior to the Achilles. By all accounts, he will be ready day 1.
Reply/Quote
My fear is they will cut someone like Phillips which to me would be a total WTF move.
Reply/Quote
I actually don’t think there are any real surprises this year. Uzomah isn’t going anywhere unless another option at TE pops up as much as people here what it to happen.
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2021, 01:09 PM)Au165 Wrote: Uzomah isn’t going anywhere unless another option at TE pops up as much as people here what it to happen.

This.

He is probably overpaid, but we don't need cap space.

Biggest point is that he is clearly our best receiving threat at TE
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2021, 01:09 PM)Au165 Wrote: I actually don’t think there are any real surprises this year. Uzomah isn’t going anywhere unless another option at TE pops up as much as people here what it to happen.

I think they.should retain CJ as he is the only TE on the 
Roster that has radius and wheels.
But with Chase on board and having 2 RBs
That can catch the football you have to wonder
How many.targets the TEs as a group will
Get.
Reply/Quote
Burrow will get cut and so will Findley who the Bengals will pick off the scrap heap and turn him into the next greatest QB since Zac Taylor!    Well, maybe not.. I have been known to exaggerated from time to time.. It doesn't happen often, but it does happen.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Mike Daniels.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
I think Wren or Topouo we'll get cut.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(05-02-2021, 01:25 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I think Wren or Topouo  we'll get cut.

I think with Tupao it'll depend on how he does after missing last season opting out. He was always over shadowed by the likes of Geno and Dunlap his first few years..  Wren might as well have been an actual wren..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(05-02-2021, 01:20 PM)grampahol Wrote:  I have been known to exaggerated from time to time.. It doesn't happen often, but it does happen.. 

Oh, c'mon, you exaggerate a thousand times more than anyone in the history of the universe.
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2021, 01:35 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Oh, c'mon, you exaggerate a thousand times more than anyone in the history of the universe.

I see what you did there. 
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2021, 01:33 PM)grampahol Wrote: I think with Tupao it'll depend on how he does after missing last season opting out. He was always over shadowed by the likes of Geno and Dunlap his first few years..  Wren might as well have been an actual wren..

I will go Tupou as well. I think he gets punished for sitting out last year. 

We likely keep only 5 DTs. Reader + Ogunjobi to start. Shelvin + Daniels as backups. On passing downs I think we are gonna slide a DE inside for pass rush (Hubbard, Kareem, Sample). 

I think the first 3 are locks. Daniels could be questionable. McKenzie & Wren are still on the roster. Geno could come back. But that #2 3 tech spot is not for Tupou anyway. We'd have to keep 3 NTs. Which is possible, but I think he is #3 now.

NT is a 2 down spot. I just think we likely keep 3 3-techs and 2 NTs + 5 DE/edge types (Hendrickson, Hubbard, Ossai, Kareem, Sample seem the leaders) for 10 DL. Could go 11.
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2021, 12:55 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: My fear is they will cut someone like Phillips which to me would be a total WTF move.

This is a good guess and I could see it happening especially since Phillips is in his final year.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(05-02-2021, 12:36 PM)impactplaya Wrote: Another year another draft and roster turnover.
Saw over the weekend.
We never see coming.
Well here is choice.

CJ Uzomah.

CJ Uzomah is not getting cut.  Neither Moss nor Wells was brought in to replace Uzomah.  They were brought in to compete for the TE3 and 4 positions.  Cethan Carter's spot.  If Moss wants to make the team he needs to show up on special teams.  I don't think we will see a surprise cut this year....most of those types are already gone

edit: Tupou and/or Wren getting cut would not be a surprise. They've always battled for a roster spot. With Wren's injury history it would be a surprise now if he made the team.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(05-02-2021, 01:25 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I think Wren or Topouo  we'll get cut.

I scrolled until I saw yours....I think they BOTH might be cut. And I really liked Tupou before he opted out.  Ironically, Billings opted out last year after going to Cleveland.  
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2021, 01:24 PM)Synric Wrote: Mike Daniels.

No way Mike Daniels gets the ax.  He brings so much to the locker room and talks so highly of the coach and stuff publicly.  I guess if he were cut it would be a super surprise for me.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
Saw over the weekend.
We never see coming.
Well here is choice.

CJ Uzomah.

Uzomah is the only hope of having a decent pass-catching TE this year.
Moss was decent at LSU in 2019, but clearly the 4th option behind Chase, Jefferson, and Marshall.
I don't expect him to be a 500+ yard TE in the NFL (for a while at least).
Pro Wells is just a blocking TE.
Uzomah isn't going to be a good receiving TE.

I dunno if it's a "surprise," but either Tupou or Wren will be cut in favor of Shelvin.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(05-03-2021, 12:02 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: I scrolled until I saw yours....I think they BOTH might be cut. And I really liked Tupou before he opted out.  Ironically, Billings opted out last year after going to Cleveland.  

Would be interesting if both were cut in favor of keeping 6 DEs.
2-3 DEs can swing inside on passing downs, so they may decide to go with just 4 DTs.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(05-03-2021, 12:24 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Would be interesting if both were cut in favor of keeping 6 DEs.
2-3 DEs can swing inside on passing downs, so they may decide to go with just 4 DTs.

Quite possible and it will be very telling how Wren and Tupou look when camp starts...
Reply/Quote