Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Post draft, who is your surprise vet that gets cut?
(05-02-2021, 01:16 PM)fredtoast Wrote: This.

He is probably overpaid, but we don't need cap space.

Biggest point is that he is clearly our best receiving threat at TE

We really didn't need the cap space with Gio either, though...and he was our best receiving threat at RB.

With all these fantastic WR's, maybe he'll get pinched. Only so many targets to go around anyway.

We may wind up spreading teams out and not even using TE as much.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2021, 01:16 PM)fredtoast Wrote: This.

He is probably overpaid, but we don't need cap space.

Biggest point is that he is clearly our best receiving threat at TE

You really think Uzomah is our best TE? Hmmm.... I think Sample has good hands, big bodied and tough to take down. Blocks well and although he has dropped some passes in/near the redzone, I think he will progress and I bet Sample comes out on top this year. Well, actually I'm pretty sure because he was a ZT pick.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-04-2021, 06:03 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: We may wind up spreading teams out and not even using TE as much.

I think we will but only a prediction. Having the WR core that we have should open up the middle pretty wide. Close the gap, we're gonna hit you down the line. Beautiful.

Reply/Quote
(05-04-2021, 06:10 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: You really think Uzomah is our best TE? Hmmm.... I think Sample has good hands, big bodied and tough to take down. Blocks well and although he has dropped some passes in/near the redzone, I think he will progress and I bet Sample comes out on top this year. Well, actually I'm pretty sure because he was a ZT pick.

I'm not saying Sample can't improve, but nothing points to him beating out Uz other than injuries and salary at this point IMO.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2021, 01:25 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I think Wren or Topouo we'll get cut.

Agree that one of these two or both could. I was excited about Wren’s potential and could see him do well somewhere else similar to how Clinton McDonald did a handful of years ago.
Reply/Quote
(05-04-2021, 06:10 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: You really think Uzomah is our best TE? Hmmm.... I think Sample has good hands, big bodied and tough to take down. Blocks well and although he has dropped some passes in/near the redzone, I think he will progress and I bet Sample comes out on top this year. Well, actually I'm pretty sure because he was a ZT pick.

Sample is a TE averaging 8.4 yards per catch, has under 400 total yards in 2 years, and only 1 career TD. Uzomah is no world beater, but he's clearly the best TE on the Bengals (if he has a healed achilles).

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
So far, I haven't seen any one mention a surprise. All of those guys mentioned so far wouldn't be that surprising if they got cut.

If we are talking a true surprise, Waynes could be that guy, but I just don't see them doing it unless he's still nonfunctional.
Reply/Quote
(05-04-2021, 06:20 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: I think we will but only a prediction. Having the WR core that we have should open up the middle pretty wide. Close the gap, we're gonna hit you down the line. Beautiful.

We have an outstanding group of WR's. May as well take full advantage of them. ThumbsUp

(05-04-2021, 07:13 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Sample is a TE averaging 8.4 yards per catch, has under 400 total yards in 2 years, and only 1 career TD. Uzomah is no world beater, but he's clearly the best TE on the Bengals (if he has a healed achilles).

Sample is a better blocker though, right? I honestly don't know, but that was why we drafted him, supposedly.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2021, 12:36 PM)impactplaya Wrote: Another year another draft and roster turnover.
Alot of positions like DE and DT are going to have alot
Of competition with the  trench heavy draft we just
Saw over the weekend.
Every year there is always a vet that gets cut that
We never see coming.
Well here is choice.

CJ Uzomah.
I think this might be a final year of contract.
They brought on Thaddeus Moss and Pro Wells.
Judging on the draft choices the TE spot will be
Complimentary more than focal in the 11 personel
I can CJ being cut in order to free up.more cap space

Mount Wren plays like Jane. Mellow
Reply/Quote
If we're talking surprises, I'll offer up Huber. Maybe the Ohio St. kid takes his job?
Reply/Quote