Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Post senior bowl mock
Traded pick 12 and 3rd Rd comp with bills for both 1st round picks. It's a little short on value chart but we've seen stupider deals. Traded jags for their 2nd round pick. So we have pick 21 and 29 in first round.
Rd1 p21: billy price c osu
Rd1 p29 will Hernandez g utep
Rd2 p14: Martina's Rankin ot msu
Rd2 p29: Isiah Wynn g/t Georgia
Rd3 p13: Leighton Vander esch lb bsu
Rd4 p12: Alex cappa ot Humboldt state
Rd5 p14: deshaun Hamilton wr psu
Rd6 p 13: Jordan Whitehead s Pitt
Reply/Quote
Whole new offensive line, with people I like.

To that you get a whole-hearted Dilly dilly

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk
[Image: Storer50_1.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-29-2018, 03:17 AM)Jpoore Wrote: Traded pick 12 and 3rd Rd comp with bills for both 1st round picks. It's a little short on value chart but we've seen stupider deals. Traded jags for their 2nd round pick.  So we have pick 21 and 29 in first round.

You got the Bills' first-round picks wrong.
29th overall is Jacksonville.
Buffalo has 21 and 22.
And therefore, it would be crazy overpaying for Buffalo to give up 21 and 22 for 12 and a 3rd comp.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-29-2018, 12:33 PM)ochocincos Wrote: You got the Bills' first-round picks wrong.
Buffalo has 21 and 22.
And therefore, it would be crazy overpaying for Buffalo to give up 21 and 22 for 12 and a 3rd comp.

Not only that but their is no way in hell they are gonna use the first 4 picks in the draft on OL......
Reply/Quote
(01-29-2018, 12:33 PM)ochocincos Wrote: You got the Bills' first-round picks wrong.
Buffalo has 21 and 22.

He traded back from 22nd to 29
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(01-29-2018, 03:17 AM)Jpoore Wrote: Traded pick 12 and 3rd Rd comp with bills for both 1st round picks. It's a little short on value chart but we've seen stupider deals. Traded jags for their 2nd round pick.  So we have pick 21 and 29 in first round.

Nice  I'd want a Lber sooner as we are defenitaly in need at LB...   but like the trade and first 2 picks.
Reply/Quote
No Hawkeyes?

No Irish? 

Mellow
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
(01-29-2018, 03:49 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: He traded back from 22nd to 29

Ohhh. I see now. That was explained poorly in the OP (and/or I suck at comprehension).
But it still doesn't make sense why the Bills would trade Pick 21 and 22 for 12 and 97-100 overall.
The trade value is wayyyyy in favor of the Bengals in that one (1316 for pick 12+97 vs 1580 for pick 21+22).
That's a different of 264 points, or the equivalent of an overall pick in the 60's.
https://www.drafttek.com/NFL-Trade-Value-Chart.asp

And once again, JAX trading up from 29 to 22 while also giving up their 2nd rounder would be wayyy in favor of the Bengals too.
22 = 780 points
29+61= 640+292 points = 932
That's a +152 points in favor of the Bengals, aka a late-third rounder.

BUF and JAX would have to be awfully high on a prospect and willing to greatly overpay to agree to those trades.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(01-29-2018, 04:22 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Ohhh. I see now. That was explained poorly in the OP (and/or I suck at comprehension).
But it still doesn't make sense why the Bills would trade Pick 21 and 22 for 12 and 97-100 overall.
The trade value is wayyyyy in favor of the Bengals in that one (1316 for pick 12+97 vs 1580 for pick 21+22).
That's a different of 264 points, or the equivalent of an overall pick in the 60's.

And once again, JAX trading up from 29 to 22 while also giving up their 2nd rounder would be wayyy in favor of the Bengals too.
22 = 780 points

BUF and JAX would have to be awfully high on a prospect and willing to greatly overpay to agree to those trades.

Trade value changes....   Some teams want that 5th option  some teams wanna move to get their guy...
Reply/Quote
(01-29-2018, 05:03 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Trade value changes....   Some teams want that 5th option  some teams wanna move to get their guy...

Yea I know the trade value chart isn't gospel, but damn the proposed changes in this mock just seem too extreme, don't they?
That's why I'd like to understand who these teams were trading up for since they are giving up what's deemed to be a more than "fair value".
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(01-29-2018, 06:48 AM)Storer50 Wrote: Whole new offensive line, with people I like.

To that you get a whole-hearted Dilly dilly

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk

Agreed, two 1sts and two 2nds spent on Oline............ DILLY DILLY!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply/Quote
(01-29-2018, 05:06 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Yea I know the trade value chart isn't gospel, but damn the proposed changes in this mock just seem too extreme, don't they?
That's why I'd like to understand who these teams were trading up for since they are giving up what's deemed to be a more than "fair value".

probly not likely to happen I agree.... But its the OPs dream
Reply/Quote
This would be a really neat scenario if we were playing Madden. But from a realistic standpoint...........dumpster fire.
Reply/Quote
Buffalo has 21 and 22.
Yeah I mean it's a little over paying on buffalos side but not major over paying. And with Arizona needs at qb along with dolphins and possibly Washington little bit of over paying to get ahead and get the qb u want isn't horrible. I mean look at Texans browns trade from last year went from 25 to 12. Gave up pick 25 and what end up as the number 4 pick this year.
Reply/Quote
(01-29-2018, 04:22 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Ohhh. I see now. That was explained poorly in the OP (and/or I suck at comprehension).

22 = 780 points

If it's a QB there High on or like a top 5 player slips like a James or Fitzpatrick they could do it. However if we were do get those picks we would have to trade a significant player or draft pick. So in essence I agree with you.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
This would be a great outcome but we know that traditionally the team doesnt make trades too heavy.
I think your one of the guys that know the prospects so give us something real.They might take two but not 4 . I do like the ones you chose though. Who is your top OT btw because you dont like any of mine. TreyAdams was my top guy at first but injuries happens?
Reply/Quote
(01-29-2018, 09:02 PM)Emeritus Wrote: This would be a great outcome but we know that traditionally the team doesnt make trades too heavy.
I think your one of the guys that know the prospects so give us something real.They might take two but not 4 . I do like the ones you chose though. Who is your top OT btw because you dont like any of mine. TreyAdams was my top guy at first but injuries happens?
Trey Adams head and shoulders above the rest. Next year's ot class is gonna be amazing. But anyways I don't really have a top ot. I wouldn't touch mcg with a 10 foot pole. Brown is a purely rt but I worry about his foot speed a lot. Cw is the same worry for me. Kolton miller is massively over hyped. Such a weak ot class  but I think my top tackle is  Martina's Rankin he's just solid in everything he does and plays the best in the biggest games.
Reply/Quote

I love the players you picked, but the scenario is very unlikely as well as the idea of taking five O-lineman in the first four rounds.  
Reply/Quote
(01-29-2018, 08:50 PM)Jpoore Wrote: Yeah I mean it's a little over paying on buffalos side but not major over paying. And with Arizona needs at qb along with dolphins and possibly Washington little bit of over paying to get ahead and get the qb u want isn't horrible. I mean look at Texans browns trade from last year went from 25 to 12. Gave up pick 25 and what end up as the number 4 pick this year.

But you didn't mention a critical point of the Texans-Browns trade...
A first-round pick in the next year is about the equivalent of a second-round pick of this year because 1) the team receiving the future pick has to wait another year to use it instead of being able to use it in the current draft, and 2) there is a gamble of what slot that pick will be. That uncertainty and delay is why it's considered about the same value as the next round of the current year.

And the point differential between HOU and CLE was about the equivalent of 150 points or less.
You are proposing a point differential of 264 points. That's still "way overpaying" in my book.
Now if you changed it to 21 OR 22 and a 2019 first rounder, that would seem more realistic to me.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Aside from thinking the trade values are wonky, I would support this mock if it came to fruition.
I'm a bit suspect of Jordan Whitehead being available all the way to the 6th round, but Derron Smith was projected by many to be a 2nd-or-3rd round prospect and fell to the Bengals in the 6th in 2015 so I guess it could happen. Plus, I see Whitehead's projection anywhere from round 2 to 5.

I assume based on the fact you selected five OL in the first four rounds that four of them would start (along with Boling) and the last as depth?
What would be the OL depth chart given all these OL picks?
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote