Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2.25 Average
{ Postgame Reactions Thread - Week 1 }
I feel sorry for our rookie punter, but he had 10 punts today to show what he could do and only 1 will look good in the film room. He had, I believe, a 22-yarder and 1 with a net gain of 18 yards when it went into the end zone. And it wasn't all the weather as the Browns punter did just fine. I would not be surprised to see a renewed competition for the punter position this week.
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2023, 10:46 PM)jj22 Wrote: I think we played our game. And that was the issue. Looks like the offense after 5 years has been solved. 

Can’t play from under center, no run game to bail out a struggling Qb, no threat at TE, struggle to pass block…… we played our game.

Our game is attacking deep. Getting big plays. Then, that opens things up.

This offense was dink and dunk. My guess is they were protecting Burrow who is still injured.
Reply/Quote
This game was embarrassing. Joe didn't look right. Zac was tentative.

It was what it was, and it's over. If they rebound next week, it's just a bad memory.

If they can't and still look shaky, then I'll be a little more worried.

I wish they would utilize Chase more in the slot and wouldn't abandon the run so quickly.
HORRORMOVIETALK.COM --- HORRORSOCIETY.COM --- NIGHTCHANNELS.COM
DUSTIN GOEBEL ARTWORK @ PINTEREST --- DARK ART @ MACABRE GALLERY

[Image: imageedit-5-9954707407.gif]
Support your favorite artists, independent filmmakers and movie review podcasters

Reply/Quote
As dominant as the AFC is on paper, the NFC Dominated in AFC vs NFC games today.
Reply/Quote
Our special teams sucked. Bad punting. Bad punt returning and kickoff returns.
Reply/Quote
On defense, we didn't get consistent pressure. And counters and outside runs worked against us.

I'd say Nick Scott is a liability in pass coverage.
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2023, 10:09 PM)Leon Wrote: i actually posted that idea awhile back. not because of today. i just thought the contract is a really bad idea and we'll regret it 

I can't imagine a universe where the Mike Brown-era Bengals regret following a 30 year gap between playoff wins by signing a QB who got us to the SB on his first full year as a starter.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2023, 09:58 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: woah, a tackle got beat by the future hall of fame best pass rusher in the league? How terrible! 

The terrible part is it happens too often.    Everytime we play a good defense some of you guys act like the O-line shouldnt be expected to protect and block better because they are going up against a good defense.  At some point you have to hold these guys accountable and say they need to do a better job.  Baltimore has a really good defense so I guess you already have your excuse made for next week.  You can be fine with sub-par performances from the O-line and make excuses.  I think they need to do a better job, including the NFL leader in sacks allowed last year, Williams.   While not as bad as they have been at times in the past, the O-line was still severely outplayed today.
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2023, 10:55 PM)Nepa Wrote: I feel sorry for our rookie punter, but he had 10 punts today to show what he could do and only 1 will look good in the film room. He had, I believe, a 22-yarder and 1 with a net gain of 18 yards when it went into the end zone. And it wasn't all the weather as the Browns punter did just fine. I would not be surprised to see a renewed competition for the punter position this week.

Robbins is not a good punter.  He doesnt have a strong leg and wont be able to flip the field.  Does it matter if he has great hang time if he is only able to punt it 30-40 yards? 
Reply/Quote
This place is too sunny, I'm off to lurk on the Giants' message board for a while.
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2023, 11:48 PM)Nately120 Wrote: This place is too sunny, I'm off to lurk on the Giants' message board for a while.

HEY!! JB was only the 2nd worst QB in the NFL today!
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
I knew there was a reason, I avoid the boards after a loss.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(09-10-2023, 09:37 PM)Leon Wrote: i tried to warn folks bout signing burrow to a fat contract. but folks didnt listen. he looked drunk out there today.

he was good at lsu for one year cause of chase an jefferson and marshall. hes looked good in the nfl cause of chase higgins and boyd. put him with the chiefs wrs and see how he looks. it wouldnt be pretty.

they shoulda let him play out this year then see who gets the 1 pick and traded burrow and drafted caleb. now they chose wrong and you saw today whats in store. you cant compete with such a ceazy contract. bad move by front office.

Oh boy.  I've read some crazy stuff before but this one here..... beyond words
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2023, 11:36 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: The terrible part is it happens too often.    Everytime we play a good defense some of you guys act like the O-line shouldnt be expected to protect and block better because they are going up against a good defense.  At some point you have to hold these guys accountable and say they need to do a better job.  Baltimore has a really good defense so I guess you already have your excuse made for next week.  You can be fine with sub-par performances from the O-line and make excuses.  I think they need to do a better job, including the NFL leader in sacks allowed last year, Williams.   While not as bad as they have been at times in the past, the O-line was still severely outplayed today.

I agree with this anytime we face a premier pass rusher they have the ability to completely destruct our game plan. That said we face a ravens D-line that is excellent with two premier linebackers so I guess we should already be gearing up for a long game next week.
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2023, 06:25 PM)casear2727 Wrote: In 2003, the Patriots lost opening day 31-0 to a crappy 6 win Bills team, on their way to winning the Super Bowl.  

And with Zac being right up there with Belichick and Reid...... yeah, no.

Exactly.

Embarrassing losses happen, and good teams do sometimes start sloppy and work their way into a groove later into the season.
I fully expect the Bengals to start hitting their stride by October, if not sooner.

With that said, every loss matters when it comes to seeding for the playoffs, and it sure would be nice to get the 1st overall seed this time around.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
By October? In this AFC? Yall forget what division Brady was in. Of course he and Bill could turn it around. Wasn't no one in that division threatening them.

In this AFC we won't have until October to turn it around.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2023, 09:57 PM)casear2727 Wrote: You have bee kicked off here multiple times.  You have a history of dumb sh!t that is beyond criticism, the mods shouldnt have to dump you every time you post. 

Both as Leon AND Fred
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2023, 09:45 AM)jj22 Wrote: By October? In this AFC? Yall forget what division Brady was in. Of course he and Bill could turn it around. Wasn't no one in that division threatening them.

In this AFC we won't have until October to turn it around.

Seems to me being one game behind the Ravens has worked out quite well for us the last two years.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2023, 09:56 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Seems to me being one game behind the Ravens has worked out quite well for us the last two years.

sooner or later the chickens will come home to roost..... 

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
One thing I don't know if anyone's pointed out or brought up, but Cleveland played an impressive game. Not so much Watson, as he was having the same problems as Burrow (he just had Chubb to bail him out) but their pass rush is relentless and their DB's played great. Credit to them. They looked good. Of course, the disfunction of that organization will rise up at some point, but hat's off to them.
Reply/Quote