Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2.25 Average
{ Postgame Reactions Thread - Week 1 }
(09-10-2023, 10:40 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Really? With the team we have? Today’s loss was good. We were terrible, unprepared and embarrassed. That’s a good thing. No rest at practice this week.

Pretty sure that "no rest at practice" thing is'nt a thing anymore.
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2023, 10:41 PM)Nepa Wrote: That was the strangest thing. Schwartz is a great DC, but I never would have expected that to work. 

All about the weather, pressure on Joe & playcalling.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2023, 09:45 AM)jj22 Wrote: By October? In this AFC? Yall forget what division Brady was in. Of course he and Bill could turn it around. Wasn't no one in that division threatening them.

In this AFC we won't have until October to turn it around.

Worst division in football the whole time Brady was in it. Gift wrapped 5 or 6 wins every year.
Reply/Quote
Yesterday should have been a lot of power runs going left especially. Keep pounding it. But as usual Zac has zero interest in adapting to the facts on the ground. He kept going to the pass even though Burrow clearly wasn’t himself. Sad to say even Marvin would have seen the conditions and adapted his strategy.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2023, 10:39 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Brad Robbins by the numbers:

Punts: 10 (first in the NFL)
Avg: 40.9 yards (second to last in the NFL)
Net: 37.4 yards (only 4 punters did worse)

I give him 1 more game, if more of the same you gotta cut him.
Reply/Quote
When our only moderate success was running the ball, why is it that we couldn't keep doing that?  The Browns didn't seem to have a problem with this concept (206 yds rushing) as Watson didn't have a great day either.  Had they kept Burrow in the game, he may have challenged the Dalton 2.0 game.  I put this loss on Zac Taylor for being unable to change his gameplan.  

FFS, let the OL punch back some with a ground game, especially when they're getting their ass kicked play after play.

I kept yelling, "Run the damn ball!"  Of course they couldn't hear me and they never did anyway.
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2023, 10:39 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Optimistic take, we could sneak into the playoffs with the 7 seed and win the SB like those damn Steelers did in 2005.  Maybe even start the run by beating them in Pittsburgh and crushing their dreams of a new era, like they did to us.  The jerks.

There we go, I just set the narrative.  We barely make the playoffs and then Burrow turns into Hulk Hogan who goes on an invincible tear after getting his ass kicked the entire season.  He guillotine leg drops the 49ers in the SB and then exorcises all the demons of this franchise, and we leave Penny Kickett in a heap on the field back in Picksburgh...yes, he's still laying there a month later they didn't even cart him out.

You saw the new Exorcist movie commercial also?    Tongue
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2023, 12:07 PM)PCB Bengal Fan Wrote: All about the weather, pressure on Joe & playcalling.

Yep, I saw how it stopped raining and the turf dried up when the Browns had the ball. It's a Mother Nature conspiracy.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2023, 12:02 PM)Garrus Wrote: Yesterday would have been a good day to lean on the run game and use some PA/rollouts for easy completions to keep the chains moving. I understand we are a passing team and the offense runs through Burrow, but the coaches have to see that he doesn't have it, or the rain is an issue or both. The defense was playing well but eventually got gassed because we could not get any extended drives. We should have tired slowing the game down and ran the ball as much as possible.

I agree with this. Maybe they didn't roll him out due to the calf, but they definitely should've ran more, even it was just to keep the clock moving.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(09-11-2023, 09:45 AM)jj22 Wrote: By October? In this AFC? Yall forget what division Brady was in. Of course he and Bill could turn it around. Wasn't no one in that division threatening them.

In this AFC we won't have until October to turn it around.

Well September only has two more games, so yea October.

I do expect we'll see the Bengals perform better against the Ravens as long as they don't have the same kind of weather.
However, I don't think they'll be where we expected them to be going into the season.

This could be another year starting 0-2.
They went 3-3 in the division but just 4 losses overall last season.

That didn't derail the season last year, but it could very well impact whether they win the division vs wildcard, or home field advantage in the playoffs.

Looking at the schedule right now, I think they could go 4-2 into the bye week, possibly 5-1 if they get their issues worked out in time for BAL this Sunday.
I think probably 4-5 losses after the bye.
Sitting anywhere from 12-5 and 10-7 when all is said and done.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(09-11-2023, 12:23 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: You saw the new Exorcist movie commercial also?    Tongue

No actually, did I miss something? 
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2023, 10:39 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: if the worst you can say about Jonah today is he allowed 1 sack to Garrett...well then you just have it out for him and are nitpicking to a high degree

I thought our o line got owned by browns front 4.
Reply/Quote
1530 is confirming everything those of us who are upset were feeling if you are listening.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Some things I missed.

Hendrickson got into it with DL coach
Mixon got into it with Pollack and Zac
Sideline was full of blowups you haven't seen under Zac/Burrow

Brad struggled with Punts pregame, there is legitimate concern there.

Chase postgame was poorly received by many.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2023, 01:36 PM)jj22 Wrote: Hendrickson got into it with DL coach

If this is true, then I say... GOOD!
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2023, 11:33 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: #Bengals OL had the worst pass block win rate at 30% in week 1.

#Patriots were next worst at 35%.

Giants

Reply/Quote
(09-11-2023, 01:36 PM)jj22 Wrote: Some things I missed.

Good

This level of ineptitude cannot be excused by the players. They were ready to play. The playcalls and Burrow have the Bengals no shot at winning

Anyone been hearing Burrow possibly has a thumb issue?
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2023, 02:58 PM)Housh Wrote: Good

This level of ineptitude cannot be excused by the players. They were ready to play. The playcalls and Burrow have the Bengals no shot at winning

Anyone been hearing Burrow possibly has a thumb issue?

His throwing looked awkward at times. Hopefully it was the rain and not mechanics issue.
Reply/Quote
That game turned out to be costly for the Browns. Conklin apparently tore his ACL & MCL. Done for the year. I know the rookie from OSU looks good, but that’s a big loss.

Reply/Quote
(09-11-2023, 01:36 PM)jj22 Wrote: Some things I missed.

Very interesting. Was that from 1530 that you cited above?
Reply/Quote