Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2.25 Average
{ Postgame Reactions Thread - Week 1 }
(09-10-2023, 09:56 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: ...and Williams, how many times are people going to keep making excuses for the guy.  Williams allowed the 4th quarter, 4th down sack to Garrett when he had help from the running back.  He looks no better at RT than he did at LT.  Then again Im not surprised.

Takes like this are not very good.  Garrett had ONE sack and on this one play he blew up 2 players.  How about the 3rd down pryor in which Jonah handled him all by himself without issue and Myles didnt come within 8 yards.  

3rd Down Jonah containing Myles:
[Image: IMG-2196.jpg]

4th down Myles being Superman:

[Image: IMG-2197-2.jpg]

Reply/Quote
First preseason game is officially in, the coaches have plenty of game tape to review now. On to Baltimore, preseason game two. Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2023, 10:29 PM)QueenCity Wrote: Then lay off the sauce... your opinion deserves to be criticized. 

It's a horrible hot take and your either drinking heavily or saying bs to get a discussion going. Which congrats if so you did achieve that goal.

i dont drink. no need for insults to disagree with an opinion. why cant folks understand that. notice that i have never once insulted anyone. respect go along ways even if you have different thoughts and ideas
Reply/Quote
Didn’t read any comments but the OP. I picked us to lose because it was pretty obvious we would. No preseason for Burrow and some starters. It’s a long season and we are going to be fine. For anyone who may be freaking out, try not to. We’re going to be ok.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2023, 10:31 PM)Hello to everyone Wrote: First preseason game is officially in, the coaches have plenty of game tape to review now. On to Baltimore, preseason game two. Hilarious

Your not wrong.

Reply/Quote
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2023, 10:33 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Didn’t read any comments but…..

You definitely may want to catch up. We’ve long moved onto tanking for Caleb, and offseason changes / needs!

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2023, 06:54 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Reader isn’t responsible for cutbacks. He stuffed the holes.

Yeah Hendrix is bad at overrunning running plays. Nick Scott is horrible at tackling. 
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2023, 10:36 PM)jj22 Wrote: You definitely may want to catch up. We’ve long moved onto tanking for Caleb, and offseason changes / needs.

Actually he wants us to trade for him.
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2023, 10:37 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Yeah Hendrix is bad at overrunning running plays. Nick Scott is horrible at tackling. 

Yes. Trey is a dominant pass rusher. But, bad against the run.
Reply/Quote
if the worst you can say about Jonah today is he allowed 1 sack to Garrett...well then you just have it out for him and are nitpicking to a high degree

It's because you are of such profound wisdom, Frank Booth. - SunsetBengal
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2023, 10:36 PM)jj22 Wrote: You definitely may want to catch up. We’ve long moved onto tanking for Caleb. 

Really? With the team we have? Today’s loss was good. We were terrible, unprepared and embarrassed. That’s a good thing. No rest at practice this week.

Reply/Quote
(09-10-2023, 10:37 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Actually he wants us to trade for him.

no. i wanted them to. to late now. were stuck with this contract for years
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2023, 10:35 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote:

That was the strangest thing. Schwartz is a great DC, but I never would have expected that to work. 
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2023, 10:41 PM)Nepa Wrote: That was the strangest thing. Schwartz is a great DC, but I never would have expected that to work. 

When you do under 5 yard throws it does. You gotta be aggressive.

We didn't play our game.
Reply/Quote
They had no man beaters on the play sheet. No slants, double moves, crossing routes.

Reply/Quote
Just like last year, I can’t wait until next week to get this taste out of my mouth. Had to wait two weeks last year.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(09-10-2023, 10:42 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: When you do under 5 yard throws it does. You gotta be aggressive.

We didn't play our game.

I think we played our game. And that was the issue. Looks like the offense after 5 years has been solved. 

Can’t play from under center, no run game to bail out a struggling Qb, no threat at TE, struggle to pass block…… we played our game.

Reply/Quote
(09-10-2023, 10:40 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Really? With the team we have? Today’s loss was good. We were terrible, unprepared and embarrassed. That’s a good thing. No rest at practice this week.

One would hope. Unfortunately, Zac rarely learns from his mistakes until repeated at least 3 times. He also likes his reputation of taking good care of his players.
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2023, 10:39 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: if the worst you can say about Jonah today is he allowed 1 sack to Garrett...well then you just have it out for him and are nitpicking to a high degree

We've just been conditioned to give this reply. The oline was the least of our problems today, especially on the edges. Why do folks think Garrett kept moving inside? Fan favorite Karras had a bad game, but the rest were average and I think Zeus was very good
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote