Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2.25 Average
{ Postgame Reactions Thread - Week 1 }
(09-10-2023, 06:30 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: The defense did get lucky at times though. Watson had some under-thrown balls that would have been big plays if he hit them. He should be grateful Burrow sucked so bad cause he wasn’t much better.

Well by those standards then their defense was un-godly lucky.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2023, 06:58 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: To be fair they didn't lose 2 divisional games at the start of last year.  They lost week 1 to Pittsburgh and week 2 to Dallas.  

Well to be more fair we started 0-2 in the division
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-10-2023, 06:54 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Reader isn’t responsible for cutbacks. He stuffed the holes.

Exactly and that was where the stains probably got half of their yards on the ground.
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2023, 06:57 PM)bfine32 Wrote: You've already watched every other game?

I thought the D looked pretty good. 

Well, we're the wet fart of week 1 so far, but hey so are the Steelers.  At least we played like crap on the road.
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2023, 06:59 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Well to be more fair we started 0-2 in the division

Hell, we were 0-3 in the division until our week 11 against the Steelers.  Geez.  
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2023, 06:58 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: To be fair they didn't lose 2 divisional games at the start of last year.  They lost week 1 to Pittsburgh and week 2 to Dallas.   All that said I'm not panicking. On to next week at home against the Ravens.

They did start 0-3 in the division though.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(09-10-2023, 06:57 PM)bfine32 Wrote: You've already watched every other game?

I thought the D looked pretty good. 

It did but like the Browns thr bengals defense was helped by the weather. Both QBs could not drive rhe ball. That's why Watson drove so many balls into thr ground.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(09-10-2023, 06:59 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Well to be more fair we started 0-2 in the division

Sure but I think the point they were trying to make was losing the first two games to divisional opponents would create a hole that is harder to get out of.  One thing to start 0-2 win a only 1 loss is in the division and to go 0-2 with both losses in the division.  

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
Well, next week the stains are at the stoolers for MNF and the rat turds come to PBS, so there's a decent chance
the AFC North gets all knotted up at 1-1 and we can forget the abortion of a game we saw today.
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2023, 07:06 PM)Synric Wrote: It did but like the Browns thr bengals defense was helped by the weather. Both QBs could not drive rhe ball. That's why Watson drove so many balls into thr ground.

Well Rub 'n Tug could drive it, he just drove many into the ground. JB could even do that 

Reply/Quote
(09-10-2023, 07:06 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: Sure but I think the point they were trying to make was losing the first two games to divisional opponents would create a hole that is harder to get out of.  One thing to start 0-2 win a only 1 loss is in the division and to go 0-2 with both losses in the division.  

meh, I took it as starting 0-2 in the division means we can't hope to win the division. 

Reply/Quote
(09-10-2023, 07:07 PM)Rattler Wrote: Well, next week the stains are at the stoolers for MNF and the rat turds come to PBS, so there's a decent chance
the AFC North gets all knotted up at 1-1 and we can forget the abortion of a game we saw today.

Yep. 
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2023, 07:08 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Well Rub 'n Tug could drive it, he just drove many into the ground. JB could even do that 

Burrow was trying to direct them with touch because of man coverage Watson was trying to drive them through the rain in zones. Neither one had success. The weather obviously affected both QBs... add in Tee and Burrow being on the wrong page the entire game it was ugly.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(09-10-2023, 06:54 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Reader isn’t responsible for cutbacks. He stuffed the holes.

I’ll take your word for it they were mostly outside runs. I’m certainly not rewatching this one.

Reply/Quote
If you think this thread is salty today, next Sunday's loss against the ravens will shut the board down till fans are back to defcon 2.

Seriously come back in week 3 thats when the Bengals will take the field for the first time in 2023 against the Rams! Ninja
Reply/Quote
I’m still amazed how incredibly horrible we looked. I have Sunday ticket. Watching some other games and halftime shows. I have yet to see a single team look even remotely as bad as us. Even the Steelers weren’t at our level of suck. We literally barely played at college level. How the eff does an nfl team suck so terribly? How are all these other teams ready for the season? I’m was just so excited to start this season and that barely high school performance just really soured the start of this season. I am so disgusted and disappointed right now.
Reply/Quote
That RT we could had instead of Jordan Battle is HUGE

Reply/Quote
(09-10-2023, 06:30 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: The defense did get lucky at times though. Watson had some under-thrown balls that would have been big plays if he hit them. He should be grateful Burrow sucked so bad cause he wasn’t much better.

Agreed, but that doesn't have to do with Reader and his play. The secondary did get lucky though
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2023, 07:07 PM)Rattler Wrote: Well, next week the stains are at the stoolers for MNF and the rat turds come to PBS, so there's a decent chance

Right

Some of these guys crack me up. The sky is falling Gaah, throw in the towel, it's over, Panic this player sucks, sell the team, back to the 90's, on and on.

It's one game FFS. Joe Burrow missed most of camp. This was Oline's first time together. Lets see what happens next week before we jump off a cliff.
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2023, 06:39 PM)Tony Wrote: I took 5 modelos like I was supposed to. It didn't work.. 

I take the exact same meds!
Reply/Quote