Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2.25 Average
{ Postgame Reactions Thread - Week 1 }
(09-10-2023, 06:25 PM)Housh Wrote: Pollacks scheme is trash. Atp we’ve had 3 different eras of lineman and all 3 have been ass. It’s Pollack

Watching other teams and watching our offense, there has to be something about ZT play calling/scheme that makes it predictable. 
Reply/Quote
Obviously he was injured.

You’ve just been sitting on this if this is the game you choose to pull it out.
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2023, 06:25 PM)casear2727 Wrote: In 2003, the Patriots lost opening day 31-0 to a crappy 6 win Bills team, on their way to winning the Super Bowl.  

And with Zac being right up there with Belichick and Reid...... yeah, no.

Well I mean Belichick managed to be an awesome HC as long as he had a HOF QB, otherwise, the W's weren't quite as automatic.  I'd say ZT's first two seasons with Dalton and IR-ed Burrow could be compared to Bill Bellyache in Cleveland, so we won't know if ZT is BB until Burrow retires and we see how ZT handles moving on to a different QB.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
The offensive playcalling is cheeks.

Joe Burrow isn't worth 275 million.
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2023, 06:22 PM)TheFan Wrote: Honestly almost all of it was away from Reader. He seemed to pretty much shut down the middle of of the field. If our offense does anything this is probably a great looking game for the defense because they shut the Browns down for a long time. 

The defense did get lucky at times though. Watson had some under-thrown balls that would have been big plays if he hit them. He should be grateful Burrow sucked so bad cause he wasn’t much better.

Reply/Quote
It was very embarrassing and disappointing, I thought it was going to be a close game but I was not expecting a blowout, the Browns just own the Bengals and it is so frustrating! I hope Bengals will have a better performance against the Ravens next week or it is going to be a long season!
Reply/Quote
The line didn't play well, but this game was largely on Burrow and the offense and play calling. Burrow threw so many short passes.

This team is at its best throwing deep.
Reply/Quote
Meh, we beat Baltimore next week and Pitt comes out inspired against the Stains and the division will all be knotted at 1-1 and the season will really begin. One win and we're right as rain.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2023, 06:30 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: The defense did get lucky at times though. Watson had some under-thrown balls that would have been big plays if he hit them. He should be grateful Burrow sucked so bad cause he wasn’t much better.

That's the unpleasant part about this franchise.  Watson plays like crap and they score 24 points and get the W, while Burrow plays like crap and they score 3 points and get an L and look like they found a timewarp to the 90s.
Reply/Quote
Zac had no reason to start an obviously injured Joe Burrow. Ja’Marr Chase was right.
Reply/Quote
[Image: ukg96lh1nyw11.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(09-10-2023, 06:27 PM)Housh Wrote: Obviously he was injured.

You’ve just been sitting on this if this is the game you choose to pull it out.

If he’s injured- he shouldn’t be playing.
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2023, 06:35 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Zac had no reason to start an obviously injured Joe Burrow. Ja’Marr Chase was right.

Was his hand injured? The dude couldn't grip the ball
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-10-2023, 06:20 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Never change. LOL

I probably won't.. lol
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2023, 06:35 PM)Nately120 Wrote: That's the unpleasant part about this franchise.  Watson plays like crap and they score 24 points and get the W, while Burrow plays like crap and they score 3 points and get an L and look like they found a timewarp to the 90s.

When Zacs teams are bad, they're really bad.

3rd an 10, they do a -1 yard out.
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2023, 06:25 PM)casear2727 Wrote: In 2003, the Patriots lost opening day 31-0 to a crappy 6 win Bills team, on their way to winning the Super Bowl.  

And with Zac being right up there with Belichick and Reid...... yeah, no.

2002 Patriots v Bills
38-7 Win
27-17 Win

2003 Patriots v Bills
0-31 Loss  Ninja
31-0 Win

2004 Patriots v Bills
31-17 Win
29-6 Win

Pretty funny that the Bills didn't even manage to get the better of the Pats that season (since the rematch was a reverse score of the same margin, tied on aggregate).

I'm pretty sure if you extended that, the Pats had a ridiculous plus score on the Bills for all of that decade. I guess a bit of apples and oranges though, since the Bills were nobody's 'nightmare matchup'! Ironically, other than for us... as they routinely beat us in the 90s/00s (I think?).

It's just hilarious to me that we're so quick to write off the losses to the Browns, all because we can't handle their D-Line, we can't stop their run game and we routinely let that beat us by like 20+ points. 
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2023, 06:18 PM)casear2727 Wrote: I dont know why you refuse to take your meds on game days Tony. 

I took 5 modelos like I was supposed to. It didn't work.. 
Reply/Quote
I hate to say it but the Stains will make noise in the playoffs.

They are extremely balanced

Watson is their only weakness and he will continue to improve and we know he has it in him from years ago to at least do his part.

Chubb is a beast.

Their Receivers are “good enough” and got more open than ours.

Their D line and CB’s are sick.

Made our crazy talented, high-powered O look like little league.

Shut down everything we did.

———————

-We can be so one dimensional.
-We also lack any creativity.
-Just like last year, our run game and OLine will be our achilles heel
-We took a step back overall too.
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2023, 06:37 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Was his hand injured? The dude couldn't grip the ball

There was definitely a couple throws that reminded me of the 2.0 game. But hey, at least this one was in the rain. Tongue

Reply/Quote
(09-10-2023, 06:39 PM)Whacked Wrote: I agree to say it but the Stains will make noise in the playoffs.

They are extremely balanced

Watson is their only weakness and he will continue to improve and we know he has it in him from years ago to at least do his part.

Their D line and CB’s are sick.

Made our crazy talented, high-powered O look like little league.  

Shut down everything we did.

———————

-We can be so one dimensional.
-We also lack any creativity.
-Just like last year, our run game and OLinewill be our achilles heel
-We took a step back overall too.

I think it was playcalling/lack of aggressiveness as much as the defense.

We suck when we aren't aggressive.
Reply/Quote