Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2.25 Average
{ Postgame Reactions Thread - Week 1 }
(09-10-2023, 06:13 PM)Rattler Wrote: Exactly, the cowboys canned him because he never develops or coaches anyone up.

Absolutely crazy how the franchise trusts him to protect their 275M investment.

Our line looked as bad today as it has ever been...we need another McNally type who can find
the diamonds in the rough and develop a potent line.

Pollack is the one of our coaches I question the most.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2023, 06:10 PM)jj22 Wrote: Bates having an all pro game today for ATL was something….

Saw Hurst had a TD in that game and then threw Bryce Young’s first NFL TD ball into the stands. LOL

Reply/Quote
The weather was definitely a factor, but how do you not try to better gameplan around the weather?
Mixon was overall running well, but they only ran the ball 20 times total.
Mixon was only rushed 6 times in 1st half.

The entire offense looked out of sync, and I'm sure the lack of playing time together in the preseason factored into that.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(09-10-2023, 06:15 PM)Tony Wrote: This team is trash.. Get ready for 90s bungles

You forgot the ninja
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2023, 06:15 PM)Tony Wrote: This team is trash.. Get ready for 90s bungles

I dont know why you refuse to take your meds on game days Tony. 

Reply/Quote
(09-10-2023, 06:13 PM)Rattler Wrote: Exactly, the cowboys canned him because he never develops or coaches anyone up.

Absolutely crazy how the franchise trusts him to protect their 275M investment.

Our line looked as bad today as it has ever been...we need another McNally type who can find
the diamonds in the rough and develop a potent line.

This is probably the best DL we'll play all year and our OL had 0 game snaps together in addition to a QB that played like it was his first game. If it continues for the next few games I'll be concerned but I'm not going to fully blame the line yet. I've never been a Pollack fan but I'm less of a fan of ZT as a play caller. 
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2023, 06:03 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: worried about the punter, we see CLE in the playoffs it's a major problem.

This is a really underrated point. Every time the Browns stomp us the response is 'nightmare matchup, we move on'...

Well what if that 'nightmare matchup' occurs when losing means the end of the season?

The coaches have had 4 years to figure this out, and we're getting further away if anything. 

The contenders don't just routinely get stomped by a team they know they have to face at least twice a year. We've got to be far better here.
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2023, 06:17 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: You forgot the ninja

That's just Tony 100% of the time. 
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2023, 06:14 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Pay DJ Reader

Chubb ran for 100+ at almost 6 yards a clip. Not sure this will be the game Reader’s agent uses to get him paid.

Reply/Quote
A bit of an overreaction...
Reply/Quote

Never change. LOL

Reply/Quote
(09-10-2023, 06:18 PM)TheFan Wrote: This is probably the best DL we'll play all year and our OL had 0 game snaps together in addition to a QB that played like it was his first game. If it continues for the next few games I'll be concerned but I'm not going to fully blame the line yet. I've never been a Pollack fan but I'm less of a fan of ZT as a play caller. 

Not to the degree we saw today...they had their heads kicked in for 60 minutes.

Any line that has Jonah Williams as a starting tackle, has a problem turnstile
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2023, 06:17 PM)ochocincos Wrote: The weather was definitely a factor, but how do you not try to better gameplan around the weather?
Mixon was overall running well, but they only ran the ball 20 times total.
Mixon was only rushed 6 times in 1st half.

The entire offense looked out of sync, and I'm sure the lack of playing time together in the preseason factored into that.

Yeah, 6 1st downs the entire game. Ouch. 
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2023, 06:20 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Chubb ran for 100+ at almost 6 yards a clip. Not sure this will be the game Reader’s agent uses to get him paid.

Honestly almost all of it was away from Reader. He seemed to pretty much shut down the middle of of the field. If our offense does anything this is probably a great looking game for the defense because they shut the Browns down for a long time. 
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2023, 06:18 PM)TheCincinnatiKid Wrote: This is a really underrated point. Every time the Browns stomp us the response is 'nightmare matchup, we move on'...

Well what if that 'nightmare matchup' occurs when losing means the end of the season?

The coaches have had 4 years to figure this out, and we're getting further away if anything. 

The contenders don't just routinely get stomped by a team they know they have to face at least twice a year. We've got to be far better here.

You have a point there.  It's a long season and all, but the Browns aren't starting a backup QB for 65% of the season this year, so our games against them MIGHT be more than "Whatever, who cares, moving on."  The fact that we helped them get their first home opener win in 19 years may indicate that they aren't the same ol' Browns, even though we managed to stiff against the same ol Browns, too....hmm.
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2023, 06:16 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Pollack is the one of our coaches I question the most.

I so wanted to believe in him considering he came up under Callahan, but man…

Reply/Quote
(09-10-2023, 06:18 PM)TheCincinnatiKid Wrote: The contenders don't just routinely get stomped by a team they know they have to face at least twice a year. We've got to be far better here.

In 2003, the Patriots lost opening day 31-0 to a crappy 6 win Bills team, on their way to winning the Super Bowl.  

And with Zac being right up there with Belichick and Reid...... yeah, no.

Reply/Quote
Pollacks scheme is trash. Atp we’ve had 3 different eras of lineman and all 3 have been ass. It’s Pollack
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2023, 06:21 PM)Rattler Wrote: Not to the degree we saw today...they had their heads kicked in for 60 minutes.

Any line that has Jonah Williams as a starting tackle, has a problem turnstile

When your QB is playing awful and your play caller is already bad it makes it a hard day. How many times did we attack the middle of the field? I genuinely can't remember a single pass over the middle but I'm sure there were 1 or 2. I do remember Burrow throwing the ball out of bounds multiple times or dumping it off 1-2 yards of the line of scrimmage instantly. Burrow made 0 plays out of thr pocket and even grounded a ball instead of trying to make a play. He gave up and it was obvious. 
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2023, 06:18 PM)TheFan Wrote: This is probably the best DL we'll play all year and our OL had 0 game snaps together in addition to a QB that played like it was his first game. If it continues for the next few games I'll be concerned but I'm not going to fully blame the line yet. I've never been a Pollack fan but I'm less of a fan of ZT as a play caller. 

All the reason to conclude Zak Taylor is ass as a coach. This is on him

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote