Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2.25 Average
{ Postgame Reactions Thread - Week 1 }
Oh yeah TE is also a serious problem. The only time I noticed Irv Smith was when he was missing his block or the big drop to start the game.

Weakest position group on the team by far.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
Burrow wasn’t throwing or practicing as fans around here claimed he was out of sight. Teammates said he wasn’t and it was confirmed today.

How did he look better last opener at 190lb’s.

I didn’t think they’d win but didn’t think it would look this bad. No mvp has ever had a game like this. Burrow being knocked out of the mvp race after 1 game has opened the race up.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2023, 05:45 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: 52 yards in the rain?

Think that was during the period the rain had stopped wasn’t it?

One thing I will say the Browns are basically built to beat us in a way we have drafted to beat the chiefs.

Conditions really helped them and we had an off day.

It’s an awful start to a season with such promise but people saying the season is over already need to look in mirror and have a word with themselves.
Reply/Quote
The main reason Zac Taylor continues to get his ass kicked against the browns is his refusal to change his game plan..I say it every year why in the hell does he insist on staying exclusively in the shotgun against these guys..
Joe burrow didn't line up under center one time today that's absolutely unacceptable how can that happen in today's nfl??

The brown's offense makes you defend absolutely everything with their ability to be multiple we play exclusively in one formation this has to stop or somebody needs to be held accountable this is seriously frustrating..
Reply/Quote
We also dodged a bullet by not extending Tee.

Missed tone setters in Bell and Perine.

And the line once again is weak. Pollack should be sent packing.

This offense has long been overrated given the “talent”. Today confirmed that once again.

Reply/Quote
(09-10-2023, 05:52 PM)BengalsLUFC Wrote: Think that was during the period the rain had stopped wasn’t it?

One thing I will say the Browns are basically built to beat us in a way we have drafted to beat the chiefs.

Conditions really helped them and we had an off day.

It’s an awful start to a season with such promise but people saying the season is over already need to look in mirror and have a word with themselves.

If the Browns get any type of lead it’s pretty much a wrap. They will just run Chubb and tee off Burrow with Garrett. It’s absolutely imperative to get out to a fast start against them and it just never happens.

Reply/Quote
(09-10-2023, 05:30 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Burrow and the new punter were having a competition to see who could suck more.

Also a pretty bad day for Tee. Browns DB’s were eating his lunch.

So sick of being a doormat for that ***** team. They completely own Burrow and Taylor. No two ways around it.

This kind of sums it well.
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2023, 05:26 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: Everyone looked bad. Last year we lost in week 1 but we were competitive, just shooting ourselves in the foot. We could easily go 0-2 again this season. Hopefully we can turn it around, but it's frustrating not seeing the starters playing in the preseason when it looked like this was their first preseason game. Oh well, onto Baltimore.

This is the thing I came on here to say. Not gonna grind on it but I'm not sure I'm a big fan of basically the entire 1st string having very little to no preseason snaps.
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2023, 05:45 PM)C0de_M0nkey Wrote: It’s hard to see this team winning the Super Bowl. Joe Burrow was god awful. Mixon, Chase, Higgins, Boyd, and the line were average at best. None of our receivers were consistently getting much separation. The defense was good but not amazing. This was even worse than the score indicated.

Chase made a couple nice plays, and did about as much as he could with as bad as Burrow was playing. He probably goes for 6 without the jersey grab on that one play.

Tee was not average. He sucked. Didn’t win a single battle all day.

Reply/Quote
(09-10-2023, 05:53 PM)jj22 Wrote: We also dodged a bullet by not extending Tee.

Missed tone setters in Bell and Perine.

And the line once again is weak. Pollack should be sent packing.

This offense has long been overrated given the “talent”. Today confirmed that once again.

Hard to blame Tee when he was playing with prime time Andy Dalton. And that's the nicest thing I could say about Burrow. I'm not sure he met even that standard.
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2023, 05:41 PM)treee Wrote: Burrow didn't make a single play after everything broke down. That's his special. Something was not right.

It was an all-time bad game for Burrow. He threw for 82 yards and an average of 2.6 yards per attempt. And this is with what many have judged to be the best WR corps in the league. 
Reply/Quote
Reply/Quote
On the road in the rain against a division opponent that matches up well against us using our starting qb with no preseason reps is a recipe for disaster.

Relax
Reply/Quote
You have to question how Burrow has looked in practice. All the talk about the best his arm has looked and how he looked like his old self must have been meant to throw the Browns off.

Reply/Quote
Embarrassing effort all the way around. Offense was complete garbage today. Coaching, QB, OL, WRs were all terrible
Reply/Quote
Too much was bad. Ravens won’t be any easier. They better get their shit together fast.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(09-10-2023, 05:36 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Yeah, plus the Chiefs lost at home and the Steelers got stomped...so there's that. 

That makes the day a tiny bit brighter.

Our offense never got off the bus. Hopefully they got their bad game out of the way and can rebound next week.
Reply/Quote
Pollack is an absolute joke...Burrow going to be crippled this year behind his shit-stained line...

Jonah a starting tackle is beyond laughable.
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2023, 05:58 PM)TheFan Wrote: Hard to blame Tee when he was playing with prime time Andy Dalton. And that's the nicest thing I could say about Burrow. I'm not sure he met even that standard.

Don't forget when ZT was his HC for that one year prime-time Dalton became every day Dalton, too.
Reply/Quote
worried about the punter, we see CLE in the playoffs it's a major problem.
Reply/Quote