Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Potential Restructures
If the Bengals restructure, then that'd blow a lot of people's minds since they just don't do that. If they're going to suddenly change face and start restructuring players, then they'd have a few options, but they don't have that big one. Burrow would be the most and OTC projects it as a little over $7.5 million. 
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2024, 02:18 AM)casear2727 Wrote: If so make it make sense.  He will be 26 years old, likely cost at least much, much more than he would with an extension now and there would be a bidding war.

Which all sounds great to him. Why would he sign this offseason?…. Or next?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
JJ isn’t signing an extension until he is sure there is no shot at signing with the Bengals. His preferred destination.

Reply/Quote
(01-14-2024, 01:55 PM)jj22 Wrote: Which all sounds great to him. Why would he sign this offseason?…. Or next?

Because he will receive 30M bonus immediately.  He is protected from injury.  The same could have been said of Burrow.  It is not rocket science.

(01-14-2024, 02:01 PM)jj22 Wrote: JJ isn’t signing an extension until he is sure there is no shot at signing with the Bengals. His preferred destination.

This couldnt be anymore amateur.  Provide a link that insinuates Cincy is JJ's preferred destination.  This is just another credibility killing comment.

Reply/Quote
I’m not providing the link. He hasn’t necessarily been bashful about a reunion. Hell he flaunted the notion prior to the Bengals Viking game.

Burrow is a franchise QB. WR contracts aren’t jumping at that rate. Bengals were smart to overpay now, and it was the only contract that needed to get done. You are saying they are going to spend WR1 now on Tee and overpay for another WR1 to ensure he doesn’t want another contract in 3 years. That wouldn’t be the smartest win now move. And if they do I don’t want to hear any crying about them not fixing no other positions of need in free agency. Because they didn’t have to buy two WR1’s now. You think that’s a smart move for them. I don’t. Ok.

It’s simple. Pay Chase once in the next 4 years or possibly twice. Which would be the smartest decision.

Reply/Quote
(01-14-2024, 02:22 PM)jj22 Wrote: I’m not providing the link. He hasn’t necessarily been bashful about a reunion. Hell he flaunted the notion prior to the Bengals Viking game.

Burrow is a franchise QB. WR contracts aren’t jumping at that rate. Bengals were smart to overpay now, and it was the only contract that needed to get done. You are saying they are going to spend WR1 now on Tee and overpay for another WR1 to ensure he doesn’t want another contract in 3 years. That wouldn’t be the smartest win now move. And if they do I don’t want to hear any crying about them not fixing no other positions of need in free agency. Because they didn’t have to buy two WR1’s now. You think that’s a smart move for them. I don’t. Ok.  

It’s simple. Pay Chase once in the next 4 years or possibly twice. Which would be the smartest decision.

You are not providing the link because it is just your opinion.  He NEVER said this.  Which if you would state the dumb stuff you say in this manner: "in my opinion Cincy is his preferred destination", then you would get less pushback instead of stating something so blatantly false as though it is the truth.

I said they were likely going to tag Tee, because well..... that is what they usually do.  Chase is a top WR and will likely be compensated as such.   Unlike you I rarely come across with stating things of which I have zero control as a fact.  And I never said if my opinion of what the Benglas MIGHT do would be the BEST move.

I wont be bothered either way if they tag Tee or use his money to make other upgrades.  I am concerned about Tee's hammy and drops, and I would likely be concerned with the decisions made by the front office with how they would utilize Tee's money for other players.  I dont have a ton of confidence either way.

How would they pay Chase twice in the next 4 seasons?

Reply/Quote
(01-14-2024, 02:44 PM)casear2727 Wrote: You are not providing the link because it is just your opinion.  He NEVER said this.  Which if you would state the dumb stuff you say in this manner: "in my opinion Cincy is his preferred destination", then you would get less pushback instead of stating something so blatantly false as though it is the truth.

Pushback? I don’t get pushback from my posts. You seemed to always comment. Most know how to converse without exposing their insecurities through the need to be the smartest person in the room and feeling like everyone else are dumb. 

My rep is on more solid ground around here then yours……

Reply/Quote
(01-14-2024, 03:21 AM)Bengal Dude Wrote: If the Bengals restructure, then that'd blow a lot of people's minds since they just don't do that. If they're going to suddenly change face and start restructuring players, then they'd have a few options, but they don't have that big one. Burrow would be the most and OTC projects it as a little over $7.5 million. 

Didn't we just restructure Mixon's contract?
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2024, 03:30 PM)jj22 Wrote: Pushback? I don’t get pushback from my posts. You seemed to always comment. Most know how to converse without exposing their insecurities through the need to be the smartest person in the room and feeling like everyone else are dumb. 

My rep is on more solid ground around here then yours……

You say some of the dumbest things, most of which is ignored.

Now tell me how we would pay Chase twice in 4 years?  

Reply/Quote
(01-14-2024, 03:40 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Didn't we just restructure Mixon's contract?

No, he just took a pay cut.  An NFL restructure isnt a loss of money to the player, it is simply a bonus and the spreading out of the contract over more years.

Reply/Quote
(01-14-2024, 03:42 PM)casear2727 Wrote: No, he just took a pay cut.  An NFL restructure isnt a loss of money to the player, it is simply a bonus and the spreading out of the contract over more years.

Okay, thanks Casear, now onto your fight with JJ22 lol  Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2024, 03:30 PM)jj22 Wrote: My rep is on more solid ground around here then yours……

Because I am a math guy, lets use the system provided by this board.

Your reputation score here since 2015 is 41,150 based upon 11,586 posts.  That is 3.5 rep points per post.

My reputation score is 13,00 points higher than yours despite my starting time of 2021.  My score is 54,318 based upon only 4,054 posts or 13.3 rep points per post.

Fun exercise.

Reply/Quote
(01-14-2024, 03:41 PM)casear2727 Wrote: You say some of the dumbest things, most of which is ignored.

Now tell me how we would pay Chase twice in 4 years?  

You sign Chase now as to your plan, unable to overpay him as they had to Burrow (to avoid revisiting his contract again in 4 years) and  his contract will need reworked by 2028. You can’t overpay him this offseason because again you see them paying WR1 money to Tee..

You sign him 2 years from now and you won’t have to.

It’s the common sense most self appointed geniuses struggle with.

Which we common folk always chuckle at.

And thus you brilliant vision doesn’t work because Chase has incentive to wait. Incentives you so eloquently listed.

Reply/Quote
(01-14-2024, 03:49 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Because I am a math guy, lets use the system provided by this board.

Your reputation score here since 2015 is 41,150 based upon 11,586 posts.  That is 3.5 rep points per post.

My reputation score is 13,00 points higher than yours despite my starting time of 2021.  My score is 54,318 based upon only 4,054 posts or 13.3 rep points per post.

Fun exercise.

You and three other poster feed each other rep points like they skittles.  We who know know. 

You also average more post per day then I do.

And rep points don’t matter. Maintaining the ability to post freely without fear of being banned does… 

Reply/Quote
(01-14-2024, 03:54 PM)jj22 Wrote: You sign Chase now as to your plan, unable to overpay him as they had to Burrow (to avoid revisiting his contract again in 4 years) and  his contract will need reworked by 2028. You can’t overpay him this offseason because again you see them paying WR1 money to Tee..

You sign him 2 years from now and you won’t have to.

It’s the common sense most self appointed geniuses struggle with.

Which we common folk always chuckle at.

And thus you brilliant vision doesn’t work because Chase has incentive to wait. Incentives you so eloquently listed.

Tell us how often the Bengals REWORK contracts?

Burrow and every other player extended early have incentives to wait.  There are also incentives to take the cash.

You continually make things up.  But hey if it's fun for you......

Reply/Quote
Reworked / re-signed while still having year left. They do it.

What you don’t see them doing as pertaining to this thread is restructuring.

Reply/Quote
(01-14-2024, 04:06 PM)jj22 Wrote: You and three other poster feed each other rep points like they skittles.  We who know know. 

You also average more post per day then I do.

And rep points don’t matter. Maintaining the ability to post freely without fear of being banned does… 

Just 3?   You know?  I wish you knew about football and how the NFL and your own team worked.

I have gotten a 2 week vacation for calling out your stupidity, but Im not going to call you stupid anymore, I'll just point out how wrong and off base you are with every other silly comment you make.

Reply/Quote
(01-14-2024, 03:12 AM)casear2727 Wrote: Do you really think DJ is signing for $15M with a torn quad that might not be ready for the start of the season at age 30?

Everybody else seems to. Those valuations from PFF and Spotrac are post injury. I'd love for his number to come down. But I think we are overestimating the severity of the injury. Concern is not unfounded, but he's already had the surgery and started rehab. If there was gonna be a major problem, he'd have encountered it already.  Plus, he's aleady recovered from this on the other leg. It did not derail his play. He should be good for the business end of the season. 

He's the best run stopping NT type on the market. 

I mean, IDK if the first year cap hit number will be $15, I am not a contract wizard, but I figure APY will be $12-$16 mil. If we could get the first year cap hit down to around/under $12.5, I'd be giddy. He and Tee for under $30 mil would have me giddy. I expect $30-$35 (cap) for the both of them. Roughly 20 (Tee) and 15 (Reader). The tag is $21 for Higgins. Cap wise, we shouldn't sign him for more than that, year 1. 
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2024, 04:10 PM)jj22 Wrote: Reworked / re-signed while still having year left. They do it.

What you don’t see them doing as pertaining to this thread is restructuring.

Resigning is totally different to reworking.  

Who have we reworked?  Forced Mixon to take a pay cut?  You think we will force a 27 year old Chase to take a pay cut?

I have no idea where you get your ideas.

Reply/Quote
That vacation wasn’t because of me. I had nothing to do with that.

You call everyone’s opinion you disagree with dumb. It’s kinda like your thing.

If you think that vaca was about me you are surely on shaky ground around here.

Reply/Quote