Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Potential Restructures
(01-14-2024, 04:13 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Resigning is totally different to reworking.  

Who have we reworked?  Forced Mixon to take a pay cut?  You think we will force a 27 year old Chase to take a pay cut?

I have no idea where you get your ideas.

I’m not going to debate reworking vs re-signing. Reworking someone’s contract doesn’t mean they are taking a pay cut. Maybe you should say “in your opinion” because the terms are used interchangeably. 

What it means is their current contract with the team is about to change.

Again. Common sense and self appointed geniuses….
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2024, 04:11 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: Everybody else seems to. Those valuations from PFF and Spotrac are post injury. I'd love for his number to come down. But I think we are overestimating the severity of the injury. Concern is not unfounded, but he's already had the surgery and started rehab. If there was gonna be a major problem, he'd have encountered it already.  Plus, he's aleady recovered from this on the other leg. It did not derail his play. He should be good for the business end of the season. 

He's the best run stopping NT type on the market. 

I mean, IDK if the first year cap hit number will be $15, I am not a contract wizard, but I figure APY will be $12-$16 mil. If we could get the first year cap hit down to around/under $12.5, I'd be giddy. He and Tee for under $30 mil would have me giddy. I expect $30-$35 (cap) for the both of them. Roughly 20 (Tee) and 15 (Reader). The tag is $21 for Higgins. Cap wise, we shouldn't sign him for more than that, year 1. 

I dont disagree that those sites have him listed that high.  Reader's last quad injury occurred in October, this one in mid December and he will be 30 years old.  He and my son are good friends and I would love to resign him for more years.  Im not sure that the DT pay scale for run stoppers has risen so much that 15M is a good deal for an older guy recovering from major surgery?

Reply/Quote
(01-14-2024, 04:16 PM)jj22 Wrote: I’m not going to debate reworking vs re-signing. Reworking someone’s contract doesn’t mean they are taking a pay cut. Maybe you should say “in your opinion” because the terms are used interchangeably. 

What it means is their current contract with the team is about to change.

Again. Common sense and self appointed geniuses….

Again you are lacking NFL understanding, proper definitions is not considered an opinion.

You need this assistance:

Re-signing:  Signing a player to a new contract after his current one has expired.

Restructuring:  Paying a player upfront cash as a bonus instead of his annual pay and then prorating that bonus over more years to lessen the cap hit.

Extension:  Adding more years to a players current contract.

"Reworking":  Not really an NFL term but could be utilized when forcing a player to take a pay cut.

So which one are we doing with Chase in 4 years?  It would be after the 2nd year of his new extension contract, or after his 1st year if we follow your plan, it doesn't make any sense to me.  Maybe provide some insight to your theory?

Reply/Quote
(01-14-2024, 03:42 PM)casear2727 Wrote: No, he just took a pay cut.  An NFL restructure isnt a loss of money to the player, it is simply a bonus and the spreading out of the contract over more years.

He was a rook in 2017. His rookie deal was 2017-2020. He signed a 4 year, $48 mil deal that would have expired in 2024. 

The new deal is for '23 & '24. No extra years. I think for $17.7 mil. $8.85 per (in terms of cap hit). This actual payout is more like $12 mil, I think. 

What Mixon got out of it was not getting cut last year when his value was way under $8.85/$6 and the possibility of making $8.85/$6 again this year. (cap/actual). 

Do I have that right? 

I think the initilial cap hit was $12 per or so. So the Bengals got helped there. 
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2024, 04:26 PM)casear2727 Wrote: You need this assistance:

Resigning:  Signing a player to a new contract after his current one has expired. 

Does it mean that. Looks like the player is quitting their job. We are so dumb y’all for not knowing this……

And your point on making up your own definition for reworking because there isn’t one that just means what you want it to mean. Only means none of your other arguments on the term is credible or makes sense.

Reply/Quote
(01-14-2024, 04:26 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Again you are lacking NFL understanding, proper definitions is not considered an opinion.

You need this assistance:

Resigning:  Signing a player to a new contract after his current one has expired.

Restructuring:  Paying a player upfront cash as a bonus instead of his annual pay and then prorating that bonus over more years to lessen the cap hit.

Extension:  Adding more years to a players current contract.

"Reworking":  Not really an NFL term but could be utilized when forcing a player to take a pay cut.

So which one are we doing with Chase in 4 years?  It would be after the 2nd year of his new extension contract, or after his 1st year if we follow your plan, it doesn't make any sense to me.  Maybe provide some insight to your theory?

Good post. Except for one thing: 

Re-signing. Not resigning. Resigning is when you quit. 
Reply/Quote
I disagree Isaac. Reworking can be used as a term meaning a player is getting a raise. Extension.

Which was the point his post was theoretically meant to prove.

The post made no (common or otherwise) sense as it relates to its purpose. It failed to achieve its overall goal to highlight one’s exceptional intelligence.

Rough post Caesar. And overall rough afternoon for you. Win some, lose some. It’s cool. Enjoy the games today.

Reply/Quote
(01-14-2024, 04:33 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: Good post. Except for one thing: 

Re-signing. Not resigning. Resigning is when you quit. 

Good catch.

Reply/Quote
(01-14-2024, 04:44 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Good catch.

That wasn’t a good catch. It was an easy catch. A polite chuckle from the common folk. 

Very classy of Isaac.

Reply/Quote
(01-14-2024, 04:40 PM)jj22 Wrote: I disagree Isaac. Reworking can be used as a term meaning a player is getting a raise. Extension.

Which was the point his post was theoretically meant to prove.

The post made no (common or otherwise) sense as it relates to its purpose. It failed to achieve its overall goal to highlight one’s exceptional intelligence.

Your "reworking" in 4 years theory makes ZERO sense.

In 4 years this would be after year 2 of Chase's extension, if we extend him this offseason or next.

Or using your weird take (3 years), the "reworking" would occur after the 1st year of his extension because they had to have tagged him once.

This is an easy question, what type of "reworking" are you alluding to for Chase in 4 years?   Stop dancing around the question and simply tell me what you are talking about.

Reply/Quote