Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Power Rankings
Just for fun searched NFL Power Rankings and flipped through each sites rankings...every sight I went to had us 3rd except one...ESPN...Go figure...The hatred towards the Bengals from that sight is amazing...They actually had us 5th behind Denver and a 1 loss Cardinals...
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2015, 09:23 AM)spazz70 Wrote: Just for fun searched NFL Power Rankings and flipped through each sites rankings...every sight I went to had us 3rd except one...ESPN...Go figure...The hatred towards the Bengals from that sight is amazing...They actually had us 5th behind Denver and a 1 loss Cardinals...

Worrying about 2 spots in a power ranking after week 4 is pointless.

Everyone wants to complain about the lack of "respect".  Respect is earned.  Our reputation is what it is for a reason.  the Bengals can either complain about it or do something about it.  

While they are fun reads, the only power ranking that I care about is the one in February.  
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2015, 09:40 AM)BleedNOrange Wrote: Worrying about 2 spots in a power ranking after week 4 is pointless.

Everyone wants to complain about the lack of "respect".  Respect is earned.  Our reputation is what it is for a reason.  the Bengals can either complain about it or do something about it.  

While they are fun reads, the only power ranking that I care about is the one in February.  

What respect has the Cardinals earned?  They beat up on the Saints, Bears, and 49ers.

Beating the Chiefs, Ravens, Raiders, and Chargers is a helluva lot more impressive than that.  
Reply/Quote
I couldn't care less about power rankings, unless they have us at #1 in February.
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2015, 09:53 AM)Killachubs Wrote: I couldn't care less about power rankings, unless they have us at #1 in February.

Same here!
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2015, 09:42 AM)WhoDeyWho Wrote: What respect has the Cardinals earned?  They beat up on the Saints, Bears, and 49ers.

Beating the Chiefs, Ravens, Raiders, and Chargers is a helluva lot more impressive than that.  

Again, you are arguing about 1 spot in a power ranking...after only 4 weeks...so pointless.

How about the Falcons?  They are 4-0.  They beat Dallas, Philly, NY Giants, & Houston.  Those team have a combined record of 6-10.  Hey look at that, Oakland, Baltimore, SD, & KC also have a combined record of 6-10.  So why aren't they above us and the Cardinals?  Hint: it really doesn't matter.  

People get way too upset about power rankings.  "Hey, my team is too low and Team X is too high!"  "If my team beat Team X, and Team X beat Team Y, then I should be ranked higher!"
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2015, 09:59 AM)BleedNOrange Wrote: Again, you are arguing about 1 spot in a power ranking...after only 4 weeks...so pointless.

How about the Falcons?  They are 4-0.  They beat Dallas, Philly, NY Giants, & Houston.  Those team have a combined record of 6-10.  Hey look at that, Oakland, Baltimore, SD, & KC also have a combined record of 6-10.  So why aren't they above us and the Cardinals?  Hint: it really doesn't matter.  

People get way too upset about power rankings.  "Hey, my team is too low and Team X is too high!"  "If my team beat Team X, and Team X beat Team Y, then I should be ranked higher!"

I could see if it were 1 spot with another undefeated team.  Phoenix has a loss and has only beaten chumps.  

That's the difference in my opinion.   
Reply/Quote
Everyone keeps talking about quality wins and whether or not one team or another has had an easier schedule.  If strength of victory is what we're basing power rankings on, then let's go ahead and bump the Bengals, Patriots, Broncos, Packers, Panthers, and Falcons all down in the rankings.  

Not a single undefeated team has currently beaten a team that is over .500.  Then again, there are only 8 teams over .500....which is why at this point, strength of victory is silly.

It doesn't matter so much who you beat, but how you play in your games.  I would say that the Bengals are only behind New England and Green Bay based on performance so far.  Maybe not even that....
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2015, 09:59 AM)BleedNOrange Wrote: Again, you are arguing about 1 spot in a power ranking...after only 4 weeks...so pointless.

So is arguing about arguing about power ranking (yes, that's exactly what I meant to say)
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2015, 10:06 AM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: Everyone keeps talking about quality wins and whether or not one team or another has had an easier schedule.  If strength of victory is what we're basing power rankings on, then let's go ahead and bump the Bengals, Patriots, Broncos, Packers, Panthers, and Falcons all down in the rankings.  

Not a single undefeated team has currently beaten a team that is over .500.  Then again, there are only 8 teams over .500....which is why at this point, strength of victory is silly.

It doesn't matter so much who you beat, but how you play in your games.  I would say that the Bengals are only behind New England and Green Bay based on performance so far.  Maybe not even that....

All those things taken into consideration Bengals should be above the Cardinals.  
Reply/Quote

At the end of the day, none of it really matters.  That said, rankings have long been a part of the conversation.  And given the performance of both teams and the competition level of who they played against, it's a valid gripe to argue the Bengals should be ahead of them.  
Reply/Quote
As long as people talk sports there will be power ratings. Their purpose is to stimulate discussion and they are clearly working.
Reply/Quote
The point of this thread was not really about the power rankings..It was about ESPN...If you are too dumb to see that and that I stated that "for fun" I scrolled through each one then I feel sorry for you and starting an argument about nothing to due with the point of the thread....My thoughts were about ESPN and them being the only (that I looked at) that did not have us ranked 3rd...history plays no bearing on this present team... I just mentioned the Cardinals because they have a loss and ranked ahead of us in ESPN's eyes..
Reply/Quote
The Packers should be above the Bengals for sure. Rodgers is lighting it up.
Reply/Quote
Power rankings mean nothing really.. I think everyone out there is aware that the Bengals are one of the better teams right now. It's good to get the recognition but that's as far as it goes.
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2015, 09:40 AM)BleedNOrange Wrote: Worrying about 2 spots in a power ranking after week 4 is pointless.

Agree,

The power rankings mean little anytime. This time of year there just total guesses.
Reply/Quote
ESPN must think we've reached our ceiling. I think we beat Denver and ATL (neither of which had a dominant victory Sunday).

http://espn.go.com/nfl/powerrankings/_/year/2015/week/6?sf14082489=1

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2015, 09:42 AM)WhoDeyWho Wrote: What respect has the Cardinals earned?  They beat up on the Saints, Bears, and 49ers.

they have lost a SB more recently than us
Reply/Quote
I really don't think Atlanta's victory over Washington, was as good as ours.
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2015, 11:06 AM)ExtraRadiohead Wrote: The Packers should be above the Bengals for sure. Rodgers is lighting it up.

Except Dalton is lighting it up MORE atm
Reply/Quote