Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Practice Bubble Is Approved!
(06-14-2022, 08:38 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Why in the world would they put medical facilities in a temporary practice bubble, when the stadium with it's full facilities is a 30 second golf cart ride away?

1) with some medical emergencies you don't have the time to properly immobilize the injured player, get him on a stretcher and into the stadium. You need immediate help.

2) why waste time sending him into the big stadium for a quick evaluation

3) I bet there is something in the NFL rules about all facilities having medical areas

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(06-14-2022, 08:38 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Why in the world would they put medical facilities in a temporary practice bubble, when the stadium with it's full facilities is a 30 second golf cart ride away?

Lol.  What a weird thing to point out/care about. 

You're right.   During all camp/practice, they should just have PBS medical facilities fully staffed and ready to await them rolling in an injured player from across the parking lot 
Reply/Quote
(07-09-2022, 08:01 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: I found this video doing a quick Google search that was posted yesterday.  Doesn't look like there is much to really see yet.

I, like this guy, am wondering what they'll do with it after they build the permanent practice facility. Be a shame to just tear it down. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-10-2022, 04:58 PM)BengalRed Wrote: I, like this guy, am wondering what they'll do with it after they build the permanent practice facility. Be a shame to just tear it down. 

They could donate it to Todd Portune so he can keep
His dirt bikes in it
Reply/Quote
(07-10-2022, 07:07 PM)ATOTR Wrote: They could donate it to Todd Portune so he can keep
His dirt bikes in it
I don't know who that is.  Mellow 
Reply/Quote
(07-10-2022, 04:58 PM)BengalRed Wrote: I, like this guy, am wondering what they'll do with it after they build the permanent practice facility. Be a shame to just tear it down. 

I'm thinking it may become the permanent practice facility at some point.  It makes sense due to the proximity to the stadium. They are already building the foundation which looks solid.  The bubble itself may be temporary and then it could expand from there into a full sized practice facility. 

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote

(07-10-2022, 09:09 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: I'm thinking it may become the permanent practice facility at some point.  It makes sense due to the proximity to the stadium. They are already building the foundation which looks solid.  The bubble itself may be temporary and then it could expand from there into a full sized practice facility. 

I've mentioned before that I went and saw the Bengals play at Lucas Oil stadium. They have a "sponsored tailgate". Miller Lite beers were $1; as were hot dogs. I'd see them turning it into some sort of similar pregame experience. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(07-10-2022, 09:49 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I've mentioned before that I went and saw the Bengals play at Lucas Oil stadium. They have a "sponsored tailgate". Miller Lite beers were $1; as were hot dogs. I'd see them turning it into some sort of similar pregame experience. 

I think what happens will all ultimately depend on the size and actual location of the permanent facility they build.  It may be when things are said and done, there won't be any room to do anything other than have the facility.

Reply/Quote
(04-29-2022, 02:34 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: If most other teams have one, then how could you conclusion that it doesn't help a team be successful?

The same goes with attracting free agents.

In fact, doesn't the fact that we have never been a top pick for most free agents make it possible that the lack of an indoor practice facility could be a factor in their decisions?

Also, it's about the image of the franchise being professional.

If you show up to a job interview and it's an old, beat-down building, you think you're going to choose that over a business that has a modern building with modern amenities?

Well if you think amenities are the key in FA we are screwed as teams having theses Maga stadiums built, PBS is a relic when compared to many other teams ... in the end $$ talks especially with short careers of nfl athletes
Reply/Quote
(07-10-2022, 09:09 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: I'm thinking it may become the permanent practice facility at some point.  It makes sense due to the proximity to the stadium. They are already building the foundation which looks solid.  The bubble itself may be temporary and then it could expand from there into a full sized practice facility. 

This makes a lot of sense considering there really isn't all that much space down there. 

Cigar
Reply/Quote
(07-11-2022, 01:01 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Well if you think amenities are the key in FA we are screwed as teams having theses Maga stadiums built, PBS is a relic when compared to many other teams ... in the end $$ talks especially with short careers of nfl athletes

Maybe improving the locker rooms might be a factor, but the actual field is fine, so why would players care about the amenities for fans?

I do agree that, as a Super Bowl contender, we'd be stupid not to have a state-of-the-art stadium to enhance the fan experience. Where would it go, though? Would we have enough time to destroy the current stadium and build a new one without risking missing any games? Having them build it in Northern Kentucky is definitely an interesting option.
Reply/Quote
(07-11-2022, 01:01 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Well if you think amenities are the key in FA we are screwed as teams having theses Maga stadiums built, PBS is a relic when compared to many other teams ... in the end $$ talks especially with short careers of nfl athletes

I think that players want teams to spend money on players, not stadiums for the fans.
Reply/Quote
(07-11-2022, 02:26 PM)BFritz21 Wrote:  Having them build it in Northern Kentucky is definitely an interesting option.

Build it a half hour or so closer to Lexington or Louisville.  Land has to be a lot cheaper outside of downtown.  You could build a better facility for less money.

The "New York" teams play in New Jersey.  The Lions used to play in Pontiac which is 40 minutes from Detroit.
Reply/Quote
(07-11-2022, 02:26 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Maybe improving the locker rooms might be a factor, but the actual field is fine, so why would players care about the amenities for fans?

I do agree that, as a Super Bowl contender, we'd be stupid not to have a state-of-the-art stadium to enhance the fan experience. Where would it go, though? Would we have enough time to destroy the current stadium and build a new one without risking missing any games? Having them build it in Northern Kentucky is definitely an interesting option.

I've never read where they passed over bengals because of bubble, it rely is about $$ then odds of winning
Reply/Quote
(07-11-2022, 02:54 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I think that players want teams to spend money on players, not stadiums for the fans.

Agree $$ talks not bubbles
Reply/Quote
(07-11-2022, 02:54 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I think that players want teams to spend money on players, not stadiums for the fans.

Do you have the number for the current Stadium Cap? 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(07-11-2022, 05:29 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: I've never read where they passed over bengals because of bubble, it rely is about $$ then odds of winning

I agree.   It is about the Franchise execution and the potential for winning, and then of course the money. 

I think we can all agree that for the vast majority of the last 30 years - this team has not been very well run, and not much of a FA destination. 

Under early Palmer,  I think you saw a little window of what that could be - but that quickly fizzled.   Just think of some of the Biggest FAs they signed in the 2000s-2010's

Laverneous Coles
Antonio Bryant
Brandon Lafell
Antwon Odom
Pac Man
AJ Hawk
Cedric Benson
The Law Firm

A lot of end of career/dwindling vets and character risks/talented underperformers. 

Now, with Burrow, we are a destination team for anyone, regardless of where they are in their career, to win. 

IMagine being in your prime and coming to a team to win, with Dalton as your QB.  Lol
Reply/Quote
(07-11-2022, 05:29 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: I've never read where they passed over bengals because of bubble, it rely is about $$ then odds of winning
It is about money, but players know that things like winning means more money for them and that it's less likely that they're cut if they make up a good part of the core because no team is going to blow up the roster if they're winning.

Also, if a team is offering close to the same amount of money, then things like a practice bubble and how players are treated definitely comes into play.

A stadium between here and Lexington or Louisville wouldn't really work because there's just not enough in between Northern Kentucky and those two besides for farms.

You'd also alienate the fans that live in Cincinnati and paid for Paul Brown.

It would also take tax dollars out of Cincinnati and kill a lot of business for downtown and the surrounding areas.

(07-11-2022, 05:39 PM)ATOTR Wrote: I agree.   It is about the Franchise execution and the potential for winning, and then of course the money. 

I think we can all agree that for the vast majority of the last 30 years - this team has not been very well run, and not much of a FA destination. 

Under early Palmer,  I think you saw a little window of what that could be - but that quickly fizzled.   Just think of some of the Biggest FAs they signed in the 2000s-2010's

Laverneous Coles
Antonio Bryant
Brandon Lafell
Antwon Odom
Pac Man
AJ Hawk
Cedric Benson
The Law Firm

A lot of end of career/dwindling vets and character risks/talented underperformers. 

Now, with Burrow, we are a destination team for anyone, regardless of where they are in their career, to win. 

IMagine being in your prime and coming to a team to win, with Dalton as your QB.  Lol

Having an indoor practice facility boosts the quality of play and also the comfort of the players, as well as making players know that the team is dedicated to winning and is first class.

If we're the first visit for a player or even one of the firsts, they're going to want to see that they'll be in comfort and that we're dedicated to the team and winning, both of which a practice bubble helps to show.
Reply/Quote
(07-11-2022, 03:00 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Build it a half hour or so closer to Lexington or Louisville.  Land has to be a lot cheaper outside of downtown.  You could build a better facility for less money.

The "New York" teams play in New Jersey.  The Lions used to play in Pontiac which is 40 minutes from Detroit.

I was born in Pontiac. My parents moved south when I was about 6 months old and I have only been back a few times, the last time probably 50 years ago.
Reply/Quote
We may be seeing some movement on a permanent structure soon too. Hilltop, the concrete company, that owns the additional 10 acres of the practice site the Bengals need, has finally purchased land in Kentucky for their new location. If everything goes right with their closing and relocating, hopefully, the Bengals can start on their permanent practice facility sometime in 2023.

Reply/Quote