Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Practice noise
It was reported that the team was practicing in PBS with piped-in noise to simulate Arrowhead noise.  I had seen various reports on how loud it. was.  Here is how it sounded outside of PBS

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
we got this! chiefs going down!!

WHO DEY!
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
It’s good to practice in this. I definitely felt noise was an issue they weren’t as prepared as they thought they would be for the titans.
Reply/Quote
I saw Aditi Kinkhabwala do a live remote in front of PBS on NFL Network, and she said that she and her cameraman were getting coffee downtown, and the crowd noise they were pumping in was so loud that they could hear it from three blocks away. Good stuff.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2022, 08:57 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: I saw Aditi Kinkhabwala do a live remote in front of PBS on NFL Network, and she said that she and her cameraman were getting coffee downtown, and the crowd noise they were pumping in was so loud that they could hear it from three blocks away.  Good stuff.

haha i love it!!!!
Reply/Quote
All the Bengals players after a week of this...

[Image: fv0iu2kgtaqq5ktu3y8z.gif]

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Seems I recall years ago a helicopter hoovering above a stadium during a big game, but they put an end to the practice out of fears of a crash into a crowded stadium.. Seems I remember one at a Reds game years back..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Who Dey
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2022, 09:07 PM)grampahol Wrote: Seems I recall years ago a helicopter hoovering above a stadium during a big game, but they put an end to the practice out of fears of a crash into a crowded stadium.. Seems I remember one at a Reds game years back..

Was it dropping live turkeys by any chance?

[Image: WKRP-Turkey-Drop.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2022, 08:45 PM)pally Wrote: It was reported that the team was practicing in PBS with piped-in noise to simulate Arrowhead noise.  I had seen various reports on how loud it. was.  Here is how it sounded outside of PBS

I know arrowhead is a step above but I'm surprised they didn't do anything like that for the Titans game. 
Reply/Quote
Now they need to practice tackling a Chiefs fan who runs onto the field.
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2022, 09:24 PM)Nepa Wrote: Now they need to practice tackling a Chiefs fan who runs onto the field.

Hilarious Who Dey
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2022, 09:24 PM)Nepa Wrote: Now they need to practice tackling a Chiefs fan who runs onto the field.

And put two loud asshats in a suite and pretend they're Mahomes' baby mama and brother.
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2022, 08:45 PM)pally Wrote: It was reported that the team was practicing in PBS with piped-in noise to simulate Arrowhead noise.  I had seen various reports on how loud it. was.  Here is how it sounded outside of PBS

Ha! Love it. Great idea !!
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2022, 09:13 PM)TheFan Wrote: I know arrowhead is a step above but I'm surprised they didn't do anything like that for the Titans game. 

Probably didn’t think about it until TN. Plus, knowing your going to the loudest stadium in the AFC, it’s a brilliant move. Zac learning and thinking outside the box. Gives me serious excitement and confidence.

Reply/Quote
(01-26-2022, 10:13 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Probably didn’t think about it until TN. Plus, knowing your going to the loudest stadium in the AFC, it’s a brilliant move. Zac learning and thinking outside the box. Gives me serious excitement and confidence.

I get giving ZT credit for things but lots have teams have done this before including the Bengals. I think the fact they didn't do it for the Titans game is just kind of dumb and obviously showed. 
Reply/Quote
Amidst an uproar the Bengals prepare for the clamoring chiefdom.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
That’s great.
Reply/Quote
Fine line between pumping in noise and damaging your players hearing.
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2022, 09:23 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Fine line between pumping in noise and damaging your players hearing.

If they’re deaf they can’t hear the noise… problem solved.
Reply/Quote