Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Practice noise
(01-27-2022, 09:23 AM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: If they’re deaf they can’t hear the noise… problem solved.

Nor the snap count. Speaking of which, can one of you ex line guys 'splain how the silent count works. What is it that starts their internal clocks?
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2022, 09:25 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Nor the snap count. Speaking of which, can one of you ex line guys 'splain how the silent count works. What is it that starts their internal clocks?

I’m no expert, but the guard typically looks back at QB, then when QB gives a signal, usually the knee up, the guard then will stick up his arm where the center will see it, and then the center will snap it within a couple seconds.
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2022, 10:13 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Plus, knowing your going to the loudest stadium in the AFC, it’s a brilliant move. 

It's crazier than that, even. Arrowhead Stadium is the loudest stadium in the world, any sport and any country (or at least they hold the highest decibel rating per Guiness). They reached a decibel level of 142.2, which is comparable to being on an aircraft carrier deck with jets taking off. At 150 dB, your eardrums are at risk of rupturing. 

I imagine KC is going to be fired up over the comments that Joe made back in October, it will be very loud. Glad they are doing this as well. 
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2022, 09:13 PM)TheFan Wrote: I know arrowhead is a step above but I'm surprised they didn't do anything like that for the Titans game. 

They put a block on ticket resellers, crowd noise was never going to be a huge factor in Tennessee. They're as fairweather as they come down there.
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2022, 12:32 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: It's crazier than that, even. Arrowhead Stadium is the loudest stadium in the world, any sport and any country (or at least they hold the highest decibel rating per Guiness). They reached a decibel level of 142.2, which is comparable to being on an aircraft carrier deck with jets taking off. At 150 dB, your eardrums are at risk of rupturing. 

I imagine KC is going to be fired up over the comments that Joe made back in October, it will be very loud. Glad they are doing this as well. 

KC did hit that record, but they went into that game specifically to beat the previous record (I believe from Seattle).  They paid to fly a Guinness judge in and had it planned in advance from what I've heard.  Yes, it happened, but that volume is not typical from week to week throughout a game.  

That said, it is a very loud stadium, and this is a good move to practice with noise.  Far from the first team to do it, but a good week to practice with it.  I would have to think the loudness last week was a little unexpected, but is definitely assumed going to Arrowhead.  Happy to see (and hear) they're doing all prep necessary.  And I'm really curious to know just how loud it was in the stadium for that practice! 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2022, 09:13 PM)TheFan Wrote: I know arrowhead is a step above but I'm surprised they didn't do anything like that for the Titans game. 

How do we know if they did or didnt?
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2022, 12:32 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: It's crazier than that, even. Arrowhead Stadium is the loudest stadium in the world, any sport and any country (or at least they hold the highest decibel rating per Guiness). They reached a decibel level of 142.2, which is comparable to being on an aircraft carrier deck with jets taking off. At 150 dB, your eardrums are at risk of rupturing. 

Loudest stadium. Wonder how that compares to some of the domes.
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2022, 12:50 PM)MileHighGrowler Wrote: KC did hit that record, but they went into that game specifically to beat the previous record (I believe from Seattle).  They paid to fly a Guinness judge in and had it planned in advance from what I've heard.  Yes, it happened, but that volume is not typical from week to week throughout a game.  

That said, it is a very loud stadium, and this is a good move to practice with noise.  Far from the first team to do it, but a good week to practice with it.  I would have to think the loudness last week was a little unexpected, but is definitely assumed going to Arrowhead.  Happy to see (and hear) they're doing all prep necessary.  And I'm really curious to know just how loud it was in the stadium for that practice! 

Wasn't it Seattle a few years back that got accused of piping in noise over loudspeakers to raise the volume ? NFL investigated ? Can't remember

Great to see Zac getting em ready
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2022, 01:44 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Wasn't it Seattle a few years back that got accused of piping in noise over loudspeakers to raise the volume ? NFL investigated ? Can't remember

Atlanta Falcons got busted for that.  Got fined for it and maybe lost a draft pick IIRC. 
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2022, 01:44 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Wasn't it Seattle a few years back that got accused of piping in noise over loudspeakers to raise the volume ? NFL investigated ? Can't remember

(01-27-2022, 01:57 PM)GAWhoDey Wrote: Atlanta Falcons got busted for that.  Got fined for it and maybe lost a draft pick IIRC. 

Yep, it was ATL. And I do believe they lost a draft pick over it. For the 2020 season when there weren't going to fans, the NFL had also specified rules on piping noise for the games. They had a db level set and I think even determined what crowd noise would be played. There were concerns some teams would push it so the league threatened fines and lost draft picks if anyone exceeded what was allowed by the league.
Reply/Quote
Be interesting to see if this can work. In football (soccer to you guys), the England National Team (who are dreadful at penalty shootouts) have often tried to practice penalty shootouts.... but it has seemingly has no effect. Quite difficult to replicate in-game pressure in practice.

This to be fair is a bit different. More about ensuring the team can communicate properly on the field during drives. I think this is a good idea, and sounds like they've really gone to town on that fan noise too.
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2022, 02:37 PM)TheCincinnatiKid Wrote: Be interesting to see if this can work. In football (soccer to you guys), the England National Team (who are dreadful at penalty shootouts) have often tried to practice penalty shootouts.... but it has seemingly has no effect. Quite difficult to replicate in-game pressure in practice.

This to be fair is a bit different. More about ensuring the team can communicate properly on the field during drives. I think this is a good idea, and sounds like they've really gone to town on that fan noise too.

They need to run first. During shooting qualifications for our SWAT team, they always ran the hill just prior to shooting, especially the snipers. Get that heart rate up, just like it would be under stress,  then try to make the shot.
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2022, 10:13 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Probably didn’t think about it until TN. Plus, knowing your going to the loudest stadium in the AFC, it’s a brilliant move. Zac learning and thinking outside the box. Gives me serious excitement and confidence.

My exact thoughts, it was a problem in Nashville, glad they are acknowledging it and preparing this way. ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2022, 09:23 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Fine line between pumping in noise and damaging your players hearing.

instead of Hut Hut  its What What lol

Im sure those Guys have heard the Noise before....   
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2022, 12:44 PM)AlphaBengal Wrote: They put a block on ticket resellers, crowd noise was never going to be a huge factor in Tennessee. They're as fairweather as they come down there.

But it did end up being a big factor and Burrow plus Taylor noted it being part of the reason the Oline was so terrible. 
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2022, 04:37 PM)TheFan Wrote: But it did end up being a big factor and Burrow plus Taylor noted it being part of the reason the Oline was so terrible. 

The Oline was so terrible because they are terrible, crowd noise is an excuse for bad play. Buffalo's line wasn't a mess in Arrowhead, arguably the loudest place in the NFL next to Seattle.
Reply/Quote