Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Practicing with the Rams
From The Athletic :
Asked about how smoothly things went after practice, Bengals safeties coach Robert Livingston joked, “Day 1. Just Day 1. We’ll see tomorrow. Little hot, little tired. But no, obviously Sean and Zac do a great job and really have the pulse of their teams. So knock on wood we can keep it going.”

Thad Moss who was distraught after his block on KT. “Zac talked to me on the field a few plays after that and said if it makes you feel any better, they ran the same exact play and did the same exact thing to our defensive end,” Moss said. “There was nothing you did that was dirty. Nothing.”

Rams head coach Sean McVay was complimentary of Anarumo and the Bengals defense afterward.

“They’ve got a Rolodex of coverages, they play it all really sound,” McVay said. “There’s not a lot of air in the coverages, and they mix it up really well … In a lot of instances, whether it’s watching these guys or even just spending a little bit of time with Lou Anarumo, I have tremendous respect for him and what his group has done, especially just looking at their trajectory since Zac (Taylor) took over. I’m just such a fan of the game, and I’ve got so much respect for the way that they operate.”
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(08-24-2022, 09:49 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: anyone telling you Uzomah is just as good as Hurst is wrong. Dead wrong

He should have better stats in receiving  ( i will be surprised if he out performs Uzomah in blocking) just on the improved Oline and a more open playbook  comparing to what Uzomah did last year on a terrible line and limited playbook , I would say  his numbers should be around(below) consider him a minimum upgrade from Uzomah in the passing game.

65 receptions
650 yards
 6 Tds.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-24-2022, 08:47 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: get rid of Cappa
Ninja

Well, Cappa did stop Donald long enough for Burrow to get the throw to Chase.  Can't say the same for other linemen.  Tongue
Reply/Quote
(08-24-2022, 04:37 PM)pally Wrote: Kendric Pryor really really wants a job

Pryor may force his way on to the roster.  If the Bengals try to hide him on the practice squad somebody else may grab him.  

I would think there would be several teams interested in a WR with 4.3 speed and an ability to go get the ball.
Reply/Quote
(08-24-2022, 09:49 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: anyone telling you Uzomah is just as good as Hurst is wrong. Dead wrong

Just a wash Frank, it is just a wash... Sarcasm
Reply/Quote
(08-24-2022, 11:48 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: Well, Cappa did stop Donald long enough for Burrow to get the throw to Chase.  Can't say the same for other linemen.  Tongue

True, Cappa stopped him and Burrow got a completion and someone is complaining big surprise lol

(08-25-2022, 12:21 AM)007BengalsFan Wrote: Pryor may force his way on to the roster.  If the Bengals try to hide him on the practice squad somebody else may grab him.  

I would think there would be several teams interested in a WR with 4.3 speed and an ability to go get the ball.

Dude looks really good. I like his way and his build and the way he holds himself on the field.

Kendrick Pryor to me is more formidable than Auden Tate as a WR right now.

We will see but he better make the team along with Jake Browning who is WAY better than Brandon Allen.
Reply/Quote
Sounds like Hendrickson had a monster day. Two would be sacks on Stafford.

Reply/Quote
(08-24-2022, 05:27 PM)PhilHos Wrote: "Kendric Pryor with the 2nd team" 
"Browning is the QB on a bunch of those throws"

Why does that fill me with hope for something I know is never going to happen? Sad

(08-24-2022, 05:52 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: Don’t even think of it…rumor says that they are working on a lifetime contract extension for Brandon Allen!

Allen definitely doesn't inspire confidence, but I imagine the team will always offer him a 1 year deal to return. Zac and Burrow really like Allen.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
One report out of those practices was that Cappa did VERY well, even against Donald. Poor Volson's FIRST snap in the practice was against Aaron Donald, and got destroyed. He will continue to develop, and I think it is great that he got this much practice with the other starters. I would imagine he shouldn't play this last preseason game.
Reply/Quote
The good news for Volson. There isn’t a DT better in this league that he will face than Donald.
Reply/Quote
Defenses are ALWAYS ahead of offenses this early on. Both the Rams and Bengals Ds were stout. Considering neither team has played its starters in preseason there was rust everywhere to knock off.
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2022, 06:33 AM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: The good news for Volson. There isn’t a DT better in this league that he will face than Donald.

but he will have to face Heyward, Simmons, and Chris Jones
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2022, 01:10 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Sounds like Hendrickson had a monster day. Two would be sacks on Stafford.

Awesome. Was hoping to see Ossai get a sack or two, Hendrickson at times is unblockable.

Maybe the best pass rusher in the NFL. Cool

(08-25-2022, 06:13 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: One report out of those practices was that Cappa did VERY well, even against Donald.  Poor Volson's FIRST snap in the practice was against Aaron Donald, and got destroyed.  He will continue to develop, and I think it is great that he got this much practice with the other starters.  I would imagine he shouldn't play this last preseason game.

Great news on Cappa, wake up call for Volson. Gotta happen going against the best.

Might be correct on not playing Volson in the last Preseason just to have him fresh for the opener if he is truly starting.

(08-25-2022, 06:33 AM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: The good news for Volson. There isn’t a DT better in this league that he will face than Donald.

No doubt. Heyward isn't near Donald in terms of a player that he should be facing in the first game. 

This should really help Volson out going against the best Defensive player in the league.

(08-25-2022, 01:02 PM)Joelist Wrote: Defenses are ALWAYS ahead of offenses this early on. Both the Rams and Bengals Ds were stout. Considering neither team has played its starters in preseason there was rust everywhere to knock off.

All true. Kind of what I expected.
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2022, 01:53 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: but he will have to face Heyward, Simmons, and Chris Jones

Who aren't as good, what's your point?
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2022, 01:02 PM)Joelist Wrote: Defenses are ALWAYS ahead of offenses this early on. 

This.
Reply/Quote
(08-24-2022, 04:37 PM)pally Wrote: Kendric Pryor really really wants a job

Understandable considering a spot on the 53 is about a 500k difference than a spot on the Practice Squad for the year
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(08-25-2022, 01:57 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Who aren't as good, what's your point?

correct, they arent as good as the most dominat DT in the game

WTS, they're all still great. Simmoms sacked Burrow 3 times in the playoff game, dont forget
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2022, 02:23 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: correct, they arent as good as the most dominat DT in the game

WTS, they're all still great. Simmoms sacked Burrow 3 times in the playoff game, dont forget

Oh I won't, Simmons is probably the 2nd best DT in the NFL behind Donald...

Heyward will have to start falling off eventually, he is getting up there in age.
Reply/Quote
Heyward isn't nearly as quick as Aaron Donald. But he is a strong, grown ass man.
Reply/Quote
Sounds like it’s all kicking off.

LC just ripped a helmet off a Rams players head and launched it.
Reply/Quote