Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Practicing with the Rams
(08-25-2022, 05:15 PM)PhilHos Wrote: On the one hand, I think Donald should be severly punished for swinging helmets, because, even in practice, tha'ts a dangerous thing to do.

On the other hand, La'el Collins grabbed a helmet off a dude's head and would not escape punishment if Donald got hit with something.

How about a million dollar fine for the number of other team's helmets you had in your hands?

taking off someones helmet is different than swinging them at people's heads
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2022, 05:15 PM)PhilHos Wrote: On the one hand, I think Donald should be severly punished for swinging helmets, because, even in practice, tha'ts a dangerous thing to do.

On the other hand, La'el Collins grabbed a helmet off a dude's head and would not escape punishment if Donald got hit with something.

How about a million dollar fine for the number of other team's helmets you had in your hands?

Swinging helmets as weapons is a ton worse than grabbing a player's helmet and throwing it IMO.

Both were out of control but Donald was way out of control lol

Glad no one got hurt. Smirk
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2022, 05:18 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: taking off someones helmet is different than swinging them at people's heads

This. I don't get how there's a difference between swinging a helmet at practice and a game. There's no difference if you hit someone with a baseball bat on the street or at the movies. 

And it's not like Donald doesn't already have a bad reputation.
Reply/Quote
The days of the Bengals OL sitting on the bench while other Bengals are getting bullied is over. And I love it
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2022, 05:18 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: taking off someones helmet is different than swinging them at people's heads

(08-25-2022, 05:19 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Swinging helmets as weapons is a ton worse than grabbing a player's helmet and throwing it IMO.

Both were out of control but Donald was way out of control lol

Glad no one got hurt. Smirk

I get that; you guys get that. NFL front office? 

Doubtful
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2022, 05:21 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: The days of the Bengals OL sitting on the bench while other Bengals are getting bullied is over. And I love it

Damn rights, that is also what I always loved about Whit, he didn't take no shit either.
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2022, 05:21 PM)PhilHos Wrote: I get that; you guys get that. NFL front office? 

Doubtful

Probably right.Yawn
Reply/Quote
Pulling a helmet off in game would be unnecessary roughness which would be a penalty and a fine. Swinging a helmet at a player cost Myles Garret 6 games.
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2022, 05:29 PM)Au165 Wrote: Pulling a helmet off in game would be unnecessary roughness which would be a penalty and a fine. Swinging a helmet at a player cost Myles Garret 6 games.

Myles Garret isnt the face of the LA Rams

thats the difference here. Donald will get a slap on the wrist at worst
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2022, 05:29 PM)Au165 Wrote: Pulling a helmet off in game would be unnecessary roughness which would be a penalty and a fine. Swinging a helmet at a player cost Myles Garret 6 games.

So you're saying Donald should get 12 games? Sounds good to me! LOL
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2022, 05:30 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Myles Garret isnt the face of the LA Rams

thats the difference here. Donald will get a slap on the wrist at worst

I'll genuinely be surprised if the league even addresses this vs just letting it go away like all the other Darnold crap. 
Reply/Quote

LC was throwing punches too which is a suspension and this would be his second offense if it happened in a game that is...
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2022, 05:33 PM)Synric Wrote: LC was throwing punches too which is a suspension and this would be his second offense if it happened in a game that is...

Then it is what it is, but once you start swinging a weapon like a helmet the league has to take that seriously. 
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2022, 05:33 PM)Synric Wrote: LC was throwing punches too which is a suspension and this would be his second offense if it happened in a game that is...

LC isnt crazy enough to swing helmets
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2022, 05:36 PM)Au165 Wrote: Then it is what it is, but once you start swinging a weapon like a helmet the league has to take that seriously. 

You sure would think so...
Reply/Quote
This is practice, I would be surprised if the league has any power to enforce any kind of punishment during a practice.
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2022, 05:18 PM)pally Wrote:

Donald connected and came down hard on someone's head?  That is 1000x worse than ripping a helmet off someone. Although didn't hear that in the embedded video, only the comment from Petraglia.
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2022, 05:38 PM)Foolishpride Wrote: This is practice, I would be surprised if the league has any power to enforce any kind of punishment during a practice.

Well, I don't know about that......Deshaun?  Ben?  You guys wanna comment on your off-the-clock activities and the NFL's reach? Hilarious
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote
Honestly, I feel different with this than a game. Practices are always so chippy, and the coaches control the situation. Where as a game, refs are supposed to control it. I could see a fine but I wouldn’t be surprised if no one was suspended.
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2022, 05:38 PM)Foolishpride Wrote: This is practice, I would be surprised if the league has any power to enforce any kind of punishment during a practice.

They 100% do as it’s criminal behavior. When Myles Garrett did this there was a lot of discussion on if the local DA would charge him. Even though this occurred during a sporting activity it’s beyond the acknowledged violence of said event there for making it potentially criminal. Because of that it falls under the leagues personal conduct policy.

Think about this, if someone at softball practice tonight for your beer league team got in an argument and started swinging a bat you think police show up? Of course which is why people acting like this is not a big deal are blinded by being star struck.
Reply/Quote