Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Pratt 3rd Downs
(12-12-2022, 09:01 PM)ezekiel23 Wrote: He’s stirring the pot.Don’t need this right now.Just focus on playing and making a fun in the playoffs.He wants a huge contract,upcoming.Padding his stats equals bigger contract.But now is not the time or place.

His agent may have encouraged this.Hope we can keep him around.He is a good LB.

Winning pads that paycheck too. Hope this doesn't bite either party.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
What a great response from Lou

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2022, 04:53 PM)JumboTron Wrote: To anyone that's played football on the defensive side 3rd down has always been known as the "Money Down".

yea nothing to do about "contract money" 

He just wants to be out there more on 3rd downs. 
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2022, 08:31 AM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: yea nothing to do about "contract money" 

He just wants to be out there more on 3rd downs. 

It’s absolutely about his contract. This was his latest tweet…

Reply/Quote
Would he be tweeting if he hadn’t stripped Kelcie? The roster is going to be attacked even though the NFL scouting departments look at players of all teams unlike the media when attacking free agency. I’m afraid there’s going to be some guys acting like a young college girl with a new breast augmentation right before spring break. It’s life.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
He starts playing really well and suddenly his ego gets out of control on social media. What a disappointment.

Cigar
Reply/Quote
Dude needs to shut the **** up. God I hate this kind of shit from these diva ass players.

Go out and do your job. Guy makes a few plays, and he thinks he's bigger than the team all the sudden.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2022, 01:07 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Dude needs to shut the **** up. God I hate this kind of shit from these diva ass players.

Go out and do your job. Guy makes a few plays, and he thinks he's bigger than the team all the sudden.

Tbf he has been doing his job. And he’s made a hell of a lot more than “a few plays.”

He’s been one of the best defensive players in the league the last month or so.

Reply/Quote
This is a tactic commonly used by teams with players in their contract year

We are trying to drive the price down

He’s proven he’s a beast on clutch downs and keeping him off the field for 3rd downs will keep him from getting sexy stats and big stops which will hopefully make his price cheaper.

Iv seen a couple players have this happen to them in a contract year
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2022, 12:12 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: It’s absolutely about his contract. This was his latest tweet…

Ah, well damn then.  
Reply/Quote
Pratt didn't strike me as a player who'd be vocal about his contract. A little surprised.

As long as it doesn't affect his play it's whatever but sounds like he may be looking for more $$$ than the Bengals will dole out. Could be losing a very solid LB.
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
Is he in a contract standoff with the front office? What's he cryin' about?
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2022, 01:45 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Tbf he has been doing his job. And he’s made a hell of a lot more than “a few plays.”

He’s been one of the best defensive players in the league the last month or so.

You really need to change your signature its half the page

Cigar
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2022, 08:41 PM)BurrowTheGoat Wrote: You really need to change your signature its half the page

Ugh, not this again...
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2022, 07:24 PM)RegularGuy22 Wrote: Is he in a contract standoff with the front office? What's he cryin' about?

Believe he had a problem with not getting enough 3rd down snaps. He shouldve just talked with Lou.

Instead, he acted compulsively and took it to twitter. It's a bad look when a player complains and the team is on a hot streak

Pratt wants to maximize he free agency value after this season is done, and apparently not playing everydown hurts his big contract potential
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2022, 08:41 PM)BurrowTheGoat Wrote: You really need to change your signature its half the page

Hell no. We’re 5-0 since I starting using it. Plus, it’s glorious.

Reply/Quote
Yea I pretty much gathered that from reading more into it. So basically he is thinking of himself first and not the team in the midst of a possible SB run. Got it. Whatever He has had a good 4-5 games so let's see if he keeps it up. A shame these high paid pro players don't understand the word 'humble' and its meaning.
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2022, 09:13 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Believe he had a problem with not getting enough 3rd down snaps. He shouldve just talked with Lou.

Instead, he acted compulsively and took it to twitter. It's a bad look when a player complains and the team is on a hot streak

Pratt wants to maximize he free agency value after this season is done, and apparently not playing everydown hurts his big contract potential

Agree. Taking his gripe public, rather than talking privately with Lou or Zac, really lowers him in my eyes. 

I just read an article on fanduel titled: "Bengals Linebacker Publicly Calls Out Coaches With Foolish Tweet."
Reply/Quote
Honestly I wasn't expecting us to re-sign Pratt this offseason anyways. Almost everyone knows that Logan Wilson is the LB they want to keep long term. Pratt probably knows this and is trying to get every dollar he can from his next team.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2022, 02:58 AM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Honestly I wasn't expecting us to re-sign Pratt this offseason anyways. Almost everyone knows that Logan Wilson is the LB they want to keep long term. Pratt probably knows this and is trying to get every dollar he can from his next team.

Pretty much.

It sucks we will probably lose both Pratt and Tee in the next couple years, but Chase and Logan are obviously the priorities at those positions.

Reply/Quote