Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pratt!
Bengals defense was horrible in first half and tightened up in the 2nd half until going into prevent.

The CB's and Safeties were not good today for sure, but don't know why anybody would try to downplay how good Pratt played.

Bates is the one who mostly looked dazed and confused to me.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2022, 01:52 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Bengals defense was horrible in first half and tightened up in the 2nd half until going into prevent.

The CB's and Safeties were not good today for sure, but don't know why anybody would try to downplay how good Pratt played.

Bates hasn’t been worth anywhere close to the $13 million we’re paying him. You’d think he’d be trying to go out there and earn that next big contract, but it’s been more inconsistency week after week just like last season.

Reply/Quote
(11-21-2022, 02:00 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Bates hasn’t been worth anywhere close to the $13 million we’re paying him. You’d think he’d be trying to go out there and earn that next big contract, but it’s been more inconsistency week after week just like last season.

Couldn't agree more 

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2022, 12:58 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Helps when the refs are calling absolute nonsense on the Bengals defense all game. The phantom call on Hilton was particularly egregious. And I didn’t like the one on Flowers much better.

Not to mention the non-call on the late hit on Burrow, and missing Minkah blatantly holding Hurst’s arm on another play.

There was some serious home cooking by the officials today.

I got to watch about 1/4 of the game. I saw what I usually see in these games, refs help the Steelers win against the Bengals while the Steelers play dirty as hell.
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2022, 01:22 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I would agree with the prevent reasoning if they hadn't still got burned badly and let a guy get behind them even while playing prevent. He just dropped the TD. Also even without that last TD, they still scored the most points they've scored all year. It's hard to overstate how bad that Steelers offense is against anyone other than the Bengals. 14.6 points per game against Non-Bengals teams, 26.5 points per game against the Bengals.

We're also 0-4 against the Brownies in the JB era, with them looking like superstars. Just flukes happening.
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2022, 12:58 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Helps when the refs are calling absolute nonsense on the Bengals defense all game. The phantom call on Hilton was particularly egregious. And I didn’t like the one on Flowers much better.

Not to mention the non-call on the late hit on Burrow, and missing Minkah blatantly holding Hurst’s arm on another play.

"Are you not entertained?" - NFL.

When fans sued the NFL for ticket refunds on games Belichick was caught cheating on, the NFL responded saying purchasing of a ticket is for a seat at the game, not that the event was fair or just.
Reply/Quote

Yeah, those refs were pretty blatant about trying to win it for shitsburgh. And ejecting the asshat that tried to injure Boyd on what was basically the last play of the game means nothing. I'll be expecting a nice multi game suspension from the league.... not. And there was no excuse for no flag on the late hit Miles Jack put on Burrow. That gets called 100% of the time if it's Brady taking the hit.
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2022, 01:52 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Bengals defense was horrible in first half and tightened up in the 2nd half until going into prevent.

I think there were a lot if missed assignments in the back end.  I doubt it was Bates as he's the most experienced.  Maybe that's the reason for the daze and confusion.  CBT may have been the actual culprit.  He's young and that can be expected, especially missing so much time to start the season.
Reply/Quote
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/bengals-germaine-pratt-says-steelers-like-to-do-the-same-plays-over-and-over-following-sundays-win/
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2022, 10:21 PM)kalibengal Wrote: Shout out to Germaine Pratt today! the dude was balling all day making impact plays and bringing the wood woth energy.
I thought I was watching Ray Lewis for  second there.

Brakes on the Ray Lewis comp, but Pratt is one of those Bengals that also seems to hate the steelers, which makes me love him even more.

He did have a hell of a game.  The entire LB corps did.  
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2022, 10:47 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Taylor-Britt had 12 tackles.

CTB may not be the man corner that Chido is, but he is a very solid zone CB and an excellent tackler.  Great game by the rookie.  Thank God he wasn't hurt by the friendly fire that was Jesse coming across and missing on a PBU.  
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2022, 06:23 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: I got to watch about 1/4 of the game. I saw what I usually see in these games, refs help the Steelers win against the Bengals while the Steelers play dirty as hell.

(11-21-2022, 09:11 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Yeah, those refs were pretty blatant about trying to win it for shitsburgh. And ejecting the asshat that tried to injure Boyd on what was basically the last play of the game means nothing. I'll be expecting a nice multi game suspension from the league.... not. And there was no excuse for no flag on the late hit Miles Jack put on Burrow. That gets called 100% of the time if it's Brady taking the hit.

Same old song and dance, somethings never change and it's sickening. 

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2022, 09:36 AM)Daddy-O Wrote: I think there were a lot if missed assignments in the back end.  I doubt it was Bates as he's the most experienced.  Maybe that's the reason for the daze and confusion.  CBT may have been the actual culprit.  He's young and that can be expected, especially missing so much time to start the season.

Bates barely got his uniform dirty 

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2022, 11:25 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: CTB may not be the man corner that Chido is, but he is a very solid zone CB and an excellent tackler.  Great game by the rookie.  Thank God he wasn't hurt by the friendly fire that was Jesse coming across and missing on a PBU.  

One thing i've seen CTB do a couple times now...and it may be nothing, or something easily correctable...is how he lets up when a safety comes over to help. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2022, 11:01 AM)masonbengals fan Wrote: https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/bengals-germaine-pratt-says-steelers-like-to-do-the-same-plays-over-and-over-following-sundays-win/

It did look like Pratt knew what was coming a couple of times. The broadcast even commented on it.

Reply/Quote
(11-21-2022, 11:59 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Same old song and dance, somethings never change and it's sickening. 

2 calls before the half on 3rd down were just terrible. 
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2022, 10:21 PM)kalibengal Wrote: Shout out to Germaine Pratt today! the dude was balling all day making impact plays and bringing the wood woth energy.
I thought I was watching Ray Lewis for  second there.

Sweet, going to watch the game later, I was watching Gameday and Pratt stood out in a great way on a couple plays. ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
Dude scored a 91.5 overall grade on the PFF meter, for anyone that counts that. 

That's 2 games in a row at 90+.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2022, 11:43 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: What better team to do it to... the squeelers traded 1 before us on the first round to get #1 LB prospect Devin Bush... who we were on the radar for, they took him and we ended up with Pratt... what a good player he's become, happy ending.

Has Bush really lived up to his draft status?
He's only topped 100 tackles once, and he's in his 4th season.
Only 2 FFs and 2 INTs across 45 games.
Not what I would want for a Top 10 pick and first off-ball LB taken in a draft.

Pratt's performed about as well as Bush but was taken 2 rounds later.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote

The officiating was abysmal at best.  Leaves no doubt who the NFL was pulling for.
Reply/Quote