Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pray for Reuben Foster to fall to us........
(01-10-2017, 10:53 AM)Lawless_1 Wrote: I'd love Reuben on our team but after last night's game and with his size I'm not sure he goes in round 1. A lot of his highlight reel would be flagged in the NFL. These guys are about to be heavily critiqued and scrutinized and you could see a guy like Reuben there in round 2.

That's ludicrous.  The college games is ref'd far tighter in terms of hits, than the NFL.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2017, 05:54 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Not that I don't love Foster, but what exactly does he bring to the table that Burfict doesn't.

(01-12-2017, 01:01 AM)Buckeyes420 Wrote: Thats what i was gonna say and u said it for me

We don't need to replace Burfict.  We need someone to replace Maualuga to pair with Burfict on the field.
Reply/Quote
I would be pretty surprised if Foster isn't there at 9.

He'd have to be the most elite of elite Linebackers to go in the top 8. Even Patrick Willis and Luke Kuechley were there at #9. Is Foster a better prospect than both of those guys?
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2017, 08:57 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I would be pretty surprised if Foster isn't there at 9.

He'd have to be the most elite of elite Linebackers to go in the top 8. Even Patrick Willis and Luke Kuechley were there at #9. Is Foster a better prospect than both of those guys?

I'd put him on par with Willis.
Reply/Quote
I also think Foster is the ideal pick at #9. The Kuechly comparisons are fair IMO. He is a missile on the football field with coverage skills, run stopping ability, and is underrated by many as a pass rusher. He is a three down linebacker that would be a great leader for the Defense for at least the next decade. Everyone thinks he will be available at 9 but I am not so sure about that. I would watch out for the Jets and Chargers at 6 and 7. If he makes it past them then I think we have a real good shot at landing him.
[Image: fadQsr.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2017, 01:16 PM)JungleRock85 Wrote: I also think Foster is the ideal pick at #9. The Kuechly comparisons are fair IMO. He is a missile on the football field with coverage skills, run stopping ability, and is underrated by many as a pass rusher. He is a three down linebacker that would be a great leader for the Defense for at least the next decade. Everyone thinks he will be available at 9 but I am not so sure about that. I would watch out for the Jets and Chargers at 6 and 7. If he makes it past them then I think we have a real good shot at landing him.

I'm not sure that Kuechly is the guy I would compare Foster to. Now if were talking just from a game stand point with comparisons then I would say a healthy Navarro Bowman would be a pretty good comp to think in terms of. 
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2017, 08:53 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: It's rare a 4-3 LB is going to get that, whereas 3-4 teams are looking for those types of OLBs.

I couldn't even tell you the last 4-3 LB who got that many sacks.

Von Miller. They didn't  got 3-4 until Wade Phillips showed up in 2015. 

That said, it's a rarity. I just don't know how you guys forgot about Von.
Reply/Quote
our linebackers dont rush anything other than buffets. They're used as coverage/run stoppers, but not pass disruptors. I haven't seen much on foster as I think other schools are better at producing NFL talent. But if he's fast enough to cover mid zones, then he should be worth a look. Personally, this high in the draft I'd rather have a pass rusher de or a monster DT since we are out of time at nt.
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2017, 12:47 PM)Benton Wrote: our linebackers dont rush anything other than buffets. They're used as coverage/run stoppers, but not pass disruptors. I haven't seen much on foster as I think other schools are better at producing NFL talent. But if he's fast enough to cover mid zones, then he should be worth a look. Personally, this high in the draft I'd rather have a pass rusher de or a monster DT since we are out of time at nt.

I think they are going to give Billings the chance to be the answer at NT. I definitely think pass rusher is in play at 9 though.
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2017, 12:48 PM)Au165 Wrote: I think they are going to give Billings the chance to be the answer at NT. I definitely think pass rusher is in play at 9 though.
little on the short side and has a knee problem that caused him to slide like a lubricated banana peel. I hope billings cones back and proves everyone wrong, but right now he's a late round draft gamble. That could leave a huge hole (literally and figuratively) heading into next year if he can't play three downs and catch up quickly.
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2017, 01:19 PM)Benton Wrote: little on the short side and has a knee problem that caused him to slide like a lubricated banana peel. I hope billings cones back and proves everyone wrong, but right now he's a late round draft gamble. That could leave a huge hole (literally and figuratively) heading into next year if he can't play three downs and catch up quickly.

There are always questions marks until proven right or wrong, I'm just saying based on the interview with Guenther sounds like they are going to give him a shot. I wouldn't expect a DT drafted before the mid rounds somewhere in the 4 or 5 range.
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2017, 01:19 PM)Benton Wrote: little on the short side and has a knee problem that caused him to slide like a lubricated banana peel. I hope billings cones back and proves everyone wrong, but right now he's a late round draft gamble. That could leave a huge hole (literally and figuratively) heading into next year if he can't play three downs and catch up quickly.

There are some decent mid round NT prospects, but none worth a 1st found pick.  Hopefully, they go after Poe or Williams in FA, but it's more likely that they resign Peko and/or Thompson on cheap short term contracts.
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2017, 01:23 PM)Au165 Wrote: There are always questions marks until proven right or wrong, I'm just saying based on the interview with Guenther sounds like they are going to give him a shot. I wouldn't expect a DT drafted before the mid rounds somewhere in the 4 or 5 range.

(01-13-2017, 01:28 PM)Whatever Wrote: There are some decent mid round NT prospects, but none worth a 1st found pick.  Hopefully, they go after Poe or Williams in FA, but it's more likely that they resign Peko and/or Thompson on cheap short term contracts.

Valid points. To clarify, there's not a NT I like in the first round. Couple DTs that should be good, but not a real NT. I'm hoping for a DE, or at the least a guy like Allen who can play tackle or end. 

I'm just concerned about turning it over to Billings, as I figure the plan is to bring Peko back or sign a vet as a safety net in case Billings doesn't pan out. Which sounds good on paper and what many teams do, but I don't trust Marvin not to play the vet more.
Reply/Quote
Remember his size is what made him drop but he had a first round grade. He has immense talent and just blew out his knee. I think Billings comes back stronger than ever and makes our run defense a top 7 unit.
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2017, 10:07 AM)dr1441 Wrote: I'm not sure that Kuechly is the guy I would compare Foster to. Now if were talking just from a game stand point with comparisons then I would say a healthy Navarro Bowman would be a pretty good comp to think in terms of. 

Yes, please.  Will take that all day long.  I live for the day we have someone who can shut down TE's.

If he was a Bengal, DeCastro would have two sets of knees to target.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote