Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pre-Preseason Predictions
(07-25-2015, 05:59 PM)PlayerFormerlyKnownAsMousecop Wrote: I agree with your prediction. Granted, I am not as sold as most people are on Baltimore and Pittsburgh being legitimate title contenders (I think our team is more well-rounded then either of theirs) so 9-7/10-6 should get it done for a division crown. Add the brutal schedule for the AFCN this year and I think our ground and pound style gets the job done.

Give me 26 TD's for Dalton (with only 12 INTs) and 1400+ for AJ Green with 13 TDs.  Hill runs for 1300 yards with 11 TDs, and Gio adds 500 rushing and 500 receiving with maybe 9 total TDs.

Defense moves back in the top ten with a ranking of 8th.

I say we get a home playoff game as the 4 seed and I say we win 2 playoff games this year (enough to get to the AFC championship game in New England).

Pats go on to repeat as champs against Seattle in a Super Bowl rematch.
I would be willing to make a fairly significant wager that the Pats are not the AFC representative in the Super Bowl:  Lost both starting CBs, their division is finally waking up, and they will have to play at least some games without Brady.  Yes, Bellichek is a great coach and Brady is a great QB, but I don't think that will be enough this year. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-25-2015, 08:08 PM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: 13-3

2 losses to Pittsburgh because the Bengals have trouble against Pittsburgh. The Bengals are intimidated by Pittsburgh for some reason.

The other loss will come against Denver.

They just play so damn conservative against pittsburg.  It is like watching the same game over and over:

Never blitz, because if you sack Big Jen you might get pregnant.

Play deep off coverage and let TEs and RBs catch 5 yard passes that turn in to 20 yard gains.

Run the ball on first and second down, then throw a low % pass downfield that your WRs make no effort for because they fear decapitation.

If by some act of God you get a lead, do nothing but runs and screen passes against 9 man fronts.

The 2005 team attacked them.  I would love to see them throw haymakers and play with some nastiness against those assbags again.
Reply/Quote
(07-27-2015, 12:18 AM)Bryan Wrote: Why are people saying we'll lose to Seattle in Cincinnati? They're 14-10 on the road under Wilson. Not much better than .500 I think we could win that game.

I for one believe this team can beat Seattle. At the start of the season last year I had the Denver game as a Bengals win even though it was prime time and and Payton Manning, two things the team has had trouble win. I feel the same way about Seattle.

Our defense should be able to defend Seattle's offense.

I really believe the Bengals have this game circled as one they need to be prepared for.

Reply/Quote
Sun., Sept. 13: at Oakland, 4:25 p.m. - W
Sun., Sept. 20: SAN DIEGO, 1 p.m. - W
Sun., Sept. 27: at Baltimore, 1 p.m. - L
Sun., Oct. 4: KANSAS CITY, 1 p.m. - W
Sun., Oct. 11: SEATTLE, 1 p.m.* - L
Sun., Oct. 18: at Buffalo, 1 p.m.* - L
Sun., Oct. 25: (BYE WEEK)
Sun., Nov. 1: at Pittsburgh, 1 p.m.* - L
Thurs., Nov. 5: CLEVELAND, 8:25 p.m. (NFL Network) - L
Mon., Nov. 16: HOUSTON, 8:30 p.m. (ESPN) - W
Sun., Nov. 22: at Arizona, 4:05 p.m.* - L
Sun., Nov. 29: ST. LOUIS, 1 p.m.* - W
Sun., Dec. 6: at Cleveland, 1 p.m.* - W
Sun., Dec. 13: PITTSBURGH, 1 p.m.* - W
Sun., Dec. 20: at San Francisco, 8:30 p.m. (NBC)* - W
Mon., Dec. 28: at Denver, 8:30 p.m. (ESPN) - L
Sun., Jan. 3: BALTIMORE, 1 p.m.* - W

9-7.  The month of October is hard on us this year.  And any other game on National TV we choke so you can just count those as losses now.   But, dispite all this negativity, we STILL come out with a winning record.  Good enough to make the playoffs?  We'll just have to wait and see. 
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
Sun., Sept. 13: at Oakland, 4:25 p.m. - W
Sun., Sept. 20: SAN DIEGO, 1 p.m. - W
Sun., Sept. 27: at Baltimore, 1 p.m. - L
Sun., Oct. 4: KANSAS CITY, 1 p.m. - W
Sun., Oct. 11: SEATTLE, 1 p.m. - L
Sun., Oct. 18: at Buffalo, 1 p.m. - W
Sun., Oct. 25: (BYE WEEK)
Sun., Nov. 1: at Pittsburgh, 1 p.m. - L
Thurs., Nov. 5: CLEVELAND, 8:25 p.m. (NFL Network) - W
Mon., Nov. 16: HOUSTON, 8:30 p.m. (ESPN) - W
Sun., Nov. 22: at Arizona, 4:05 p.m. - L
Sun., Nov. 29: ST. LOUIS, 1 p.m. - W
Sun., Dec. 6: at Cleveland, 1 p.m.*- W
Sun., Dec. 13: PITTSBURGH, 1 p.m. - W
Sun., Dec. 20: at San Francisco, 8:30 p.m. (NBC) - W
Mon., Dec. 28: at Denver, 8:30 p.m. (ESPN) - W
Sun., Jan. 3: BALTIMORE, 1 p.m. - L

I think BAL is going to be the biggest hurdle for us. We split with PIT and sweep CLE. Outside the district, Seattle and Arizona are going to be the biggest challenges. Both are very well balanced squads. Denver is redoing everything to buy Peyton another year and should be firing along by the end of the year, but I really don't think they're going to have enough of a bench to be competitive by then.
Reply/Quote
Well, I'm going with a 6-10 record this year and no playoffs. The Bengals are due for a bad year. I'm thinking Hill and Gio will be just average this year. Teams will double team AJ. I hope the injuries are minimal. Dalton will not have a good year either. The stars are aligning this way for me.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
The good news is Cleveland does worse than the Bengals with Flopzel at the helm.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(07-27-2015, 02:45 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote: The good news is Cleveland does worse than the Bengals with Flopzel at the helm.

But what if McCown finds his 2013 magic?!  WHAT THEN!?!?!?!?
Reply/Quote
(07-27-2015, 12:22 AM)Bryan Wrote: In fact since Carroll took over the Seahawks they're 19-21 on the road.

Interesting stats. I almost wrote in a W there, as it feels like a "surprise" win, but we always have trouble with mobile QB's like Wilson. We also have trouble with TE's like Graham. Sherman will take away AJ Green and force Andy to find other targets. I think it'll be tough, but it could go either way.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(07-27-2015, 03:15 PM)Nately120 Wrote: But what if McCown finds his 2013 magic?!  WHAT THEN!?!?!?!?

Well with the way Dalton and AJ play against the Browns, McCown could play like he did against us last year and have a chance at winning.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(07-27-2015, 12:22 AM)Bryan Wrote: In fact since Carroll took over the Seahawks they're 19-21 on the road.

I think back to what Cam Newtown did to us, and I wonder how we're going to manage to stop Wilson from doing the same. For now I count it as a loss.
Reply/Quote