Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Preacher (***\\\SPOILERS!!!///***)
If you watched the show and are going to post spoilers, please try to warn people with a (***\\\SPOILER///***) tag or something.

So I watched the Season Finale tonight and have to say I like this show.

Needless to say, if you're a stickler for all things Bible, then don't watch this show, it is just all kinds of wrong like Supernatural is but it is a lot of fun.

Just wondering if anyone else watched the show?
Reply/Quote
Didn't watch the show, but I read the comic years ago.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I've been watching the show, and like it, but I haven't seen the season finale yet. 
Reply/Quote
I haven't watched any of the shows. I just don't think they can do the comics justice on television without violating all sorts of broadcasting rules.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(08-01-2016, 03:05 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I haven't watched any of the shows. I just don't think they can do the comics justice on television without violating all sorts of broadcasting rules.

This was a major concern of mine going in.  And (I don't think this is a spoiler), the show really doesn't do the comic justice.  BUT it also doesn't try to.  They change a lot.  At first I was kind of 'eh' on it because it doesn't follow the comic enough.

That being said, I warmed up to it and it's an enjoyable show. 'Preacher' the comic is pretty much impossible to make into a tv show, even on a pay channel. It'd be too much of a hassle. So they didn't really try to adapt it.  Like I told my buddy when he was iffy on it: "It's a good show, it's just not a good adaptation".
Reply/Quote