Poll: How many yards does Drew Sample end up with in 2021?
0-149
150-299
300-399
400-499
500 or more
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Predict Drew Sample's Receiving Total for 2021
(06-07-2021, 10:52 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: I say if Sample gets 550+ receiving yards, then Wes has to have a "#1 Drew Sample fan" graphic signature for the entirety of the following season.

Done deal.  I'll do it. Joe
Reply/Quote
I voted 150-299.
With so many targets likely going to Chase, Boyd, Higgins, Uzomah, and Mixon, he likely will have fewer targets than he had last year.
Combine that with his low YPR and I think that keeps him under 300.

I see something like 27 receptions for 250 yards.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I'm not sure how many receiving yards he will have this year.  I just hope he has fun.  If at the end of the season he does an interview stating how much fun he had all season I expect everyone to give me rep.  Tongue

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(06-07-2021, 11:09 AM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Done deal.  I'll do it. Joe

I was thinking a picture of fred and something like, "I love that fredtoast is always right" but that might be pushing it.
Reply/Quote
(06-07-2021, 03:02 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: I was thinking a picture of fred and something like, "I love that fredtoast is always right" but that might be pushing it.

This board hasn't had many sig bets in its history.
I'd be happy to see those come back.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(06-07-2021, 11:09 AM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Done deal.  I'll do it. Joe

Lol, nice
Reply/Quote
Sample just simply doesn’t impress me in any way.I think there’s a good chance Moss takes over as the #2 TE.
Reply/Quote
(06-07-2021, 02:36 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: I'm not sure how many receiving yards he will have this year.  I just hope he has fun.  If at the end of the season he does an interview stating how much fun he had all season I expect everyone to give me rep.  Tongue

Get back to watching film Coach Taylor...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(06-07-2021, 02:36 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: I'm not sure how many receiving yards he will have this year.  I just hope he has fun.  If at the end of the season he does an interview stating how much fun he had all season I expect everyone to give me rep.  Tongue

[Image: depositphotos_47362447-stock-photo-orange-slices.jpg]
[Image: CS_Images_Website_Core_Multi_clean_378x381.png]
[Image: QXFjJBkb38U1PiXX27baYGul5qWgHY_HSh_bZh_2...VV04UDR_iQ]
[Image: 12007485233_f1b8752b2a_b_honda-minivan.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(06-07-2021, 03:02 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: I was thinking a picture of fred and something like, "I love that fredtoast is always right" but that might be pushing it.

You do realize, that in the true spirit of sig bets, the other party involved typically accepts some equally embarrassing sig to sport..

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(06-06-2021, 08:39 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Well, that's about the biggest understatement I've ever seen.  That's like describing a critique of a Chevy Cavalier as people merely complaing it doesn't drive like a Ferrari.  (Fwiw, I find these to be the absolutely laziest types of arguments.  Just painting other's opinions to the absolute extreme in order to make them appear irrational.)

How about 500-700 yards and 5+ TD's, something like that?  You give that and and so decent blocking and I don't think anyone has nearly the same issues with the production.  I don't think anyone is holding him to the 1,416 and 11 TD standard that Travis Kelce has set.

He had 40 catches for 349 yards after starting the year as the #2. While playing 6.5 games with a Finley/Brandon Allen at QB while trying to help out a subpar OL all year. In his second year in the NFL.

There were 21 TEs with between 300-600 receiving yards last year. There were only 5 TEs who went over 700 yards last year. Your lazy argument of trying to shit on a guy who was drafted primarily for his blocking prowess because he hasn’t put up top pass catching production numbers in his two years in the league is the lazy one. There is more to TE play than pass catching statistics. And with Cethan Carter gone and Uzi back Sample will surely be asked to do more of the dirty work. Which will be great for you to shit on him some more while he is blowing holes open in the run game.
Reply/Quote
(06-07-2021, 07:39 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: You do realize, that in the true spirit of sig bets, the other party involved typically accepts some equally embarrassing sig to sport..

Ha! To be fair, I'm making bets for Wes without his consent.
Reply/Quote
(06-07-2021, 11:09 AM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Done deal.  I'll do it. Joe

(06-07-2021, 08:12 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Ha! To be fair, I'm making bets for Wes without his consent.

Actually, he did agree.  So, in the spirit of fairness, he get's to select what unsavory sig you will sport, in the event that you are not the winner.

Alright Wes, what do you have in store for this contestant?

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
If Sample has more than 300 yards receiving there have been massive injuries. At best he’s the TE2, and basically a scrub.
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote
If Uzo plays every game Sample will only play about 15 snaps a game, but that is a significant number.  Maybe even use him more as an H-back like we did with Ryan Hewitt.  A guy who could line up anywhere from a slot receiver to FB.  15 plays a game can make a huge difference for an offense, but Drew won't catch a lot of passes

17 receptions for 152 yards and one td.
Reply/Quote
(06-07-2021, 08:16 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Actually, he did agree.  So, in the spirit of fairness, he get's to select what unsavory sig you will sport, in the event that you are not the winner.

Alright Wes, what do you have in store for this contestant?

I'm on team Wes w/ the "Sample sucks" posting. He needs someone against him. A forum nemesis if you will. Ahem, frenchtoast.
Reply/Quote
I voted 150-299

I just think with all our other weapons provided they stay healthy, our TE's won't see that many targets.
Reply/Quote
(06-06-2021, 04:06 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: You mean Moss, not Sample?  Tongue

Possible too, I like Thaddeus as well. If injuries happen who knows if Moss steps up and plays well for us, could happen.
Reply/Quote