Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Predict the AFC North Division 2022
For those early bettors, I thought you should predict the AFC North Division 2022 standings for next season. I've heard different thoughts. I personally like the Bengals chances, but it will be a tough road to repeat as division champions. Here are my "early" final standings:

Cleveland Browns
Cincinnati Bengals
Baltimore Ravens
Pittsburgh Steelers

I do think the Bengals make a wild card playoff spot.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
1-Bengals
2-Ravens-WC
3-Browns-miss playoffs
4-Steelers
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Bengals 12-5
Ravens 10-7
Browns 9-8
Steelers 7-10
Reply/Quote
Looks like all of us agree the Steelers will be in the basement.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(03-27-2022, 10:08 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote: Looks like all of us agree the Steelers will be in the basement.
As do the other two non-Steelers AFC North fanbases. Given how stacked the AFC West is and even the AFC East, I think our division only sends two teams (at most) to the playoffs.

CIN: 13-4, 2 seed
BAL: 11-6, 5 seed
CLE: 9-8
PIT: 6-11
Build a great wall up front to protect Burrow!
Reply/Quote
CIN
BAL
CLE
PIT
Reply/Quote
Bengals
Stealers
Rats
Stains

The Stealers get in as WC on the strength of opportunistic defense. The Rats finally realize (too late) that QBs have to have actual touch and ability to work out of the pocket to be successful long term and the Stains discover that a QB with MAJOR off field clouds and who hasn't played in a year is not ideal.
Reply/Quote
1. CINCINNATI BENGALS

2-4. WHO CARES
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Bengals

Ravens

Steelers/Browns

Browns/Steelers

Those two will be fighting for basement.
Reply/Quote
Think it is between the Bengals and Ravens again.

The Ravens were decimated by injuries last year as bad as any team I can recall so think they will be much improved.

Of course the Browns will be out to prove something since they think they're better than Bengals and the Bengals
went to the big show. Hilarious

Yet think the Bengals new O-line took care of their blemishes and will make them the class of the division and winner.

Bengals
ravens
browns
steelers

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(03-27-2022, 09:42 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote: For those early bettors, I thought you should predict the AFC North Division 2022 standings for next season. I've heard different thoughts. I personally like the Bengals chances, but it will be a tough road to repeat as division champions. Here are my "early" final standings:

Cleveland Browns
Cincinnati Bengals
Baltimore Ravens
Pittsburgh Steelers

Bengals 17-0
Ravens 11-6
Cleveland 5-12
Steelers 0-17
Reply/Quote
(03-27-2022, 11:27 PM)WhoDey Wrote: Bengals 17-0
Ravens 11-6
Cleveland 5-12
Steelers 0-17

Guess you didn’t watch the bengals this last year. If they are 16-0, I would imagine they rest the starters.

You have more faith in our backups than I do.
Reply/Quote
Steelers will not finish in last place. They will finish the season 9-8

Because this is what always happens with that team
Reply/Quote
(03-27-2022, 09:42 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote: For those early bettors, I thought you should predict the AFC North Division 2022 standings for next season. I've heard different thoughts. I personally like the Bengals chances, but it will be a tough road to repeat as division champions. Here are my "early" final standings:

Cleveland Browns
Cincinnati Bengals
Baltimore Ravens
Pittsburgh Steelers

With a suspended QB, I highly doubt this.
Reply/Quote
(03-27-2022, 11:44 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Steelers will not finish in last place. They will finish the season 9-8

Because this is what always happens with that team

9-8 could be last place…. Same for AFCW
Reply/Quote
Bengals 12-5
Ravens 11-6
Browns 8-9
Steelers 7-10
Reply/Quote
Ravens/Bengals tied for first.

Reply/Quote

Cleveland Browns
Cincinnati Bengals
Baltimore Ravens
Pittsburgh Steelers

I won't hammer you for the Browns slotting, as I am sure others have already, but I will say that I bet Watson misses at least half the season.  

I would see the division as follows:

Bengals
Ravens
Browns 
Fighting Trubiskys

That isn't being a homer...I just see the improvements made, the consistency of the coaching staff, and the way the team looked in their last 5 games of 2022.

Ravens are a bit of an enigma.  They have names on defense, but it sure didn't gel last year....I am sure many will excuse it with injuries and covid, but they didn't show much from that respect early in the season, either.  Their passing attack is substandard.  I expect Lamar to have a nice bounce back season, but I don't see the firepower to outscore the Bengals.

Browns only get this ranking because of their roster.  Their QB status is a complete question mark for up to 10 games.  There might be SOME players that actually supported Baker.  Nonetheless, they have shown time and time again that with a great roster and expectations, they fold under pressure. 

steelers.  Turd soup.  Most overrated defense in the NFL.  Seeing Burrow put a 40 burger on them was one of the best days in my life.  Send the pig packing with an absolutely embarrassing ass-whipping.  Trubisky is probably an upgrade over Pigbisky, but they still have a dearth of weapons at WR, and their secondary/LB corps is very suspect.  Tomlin's "no year under .500" club card gets voided this season.  
Reply/Quote
(03-27-2022, 10:13 PM)BuildTheWall Wrote: As do the other two non-Steelers AFC North fanbases. Given how stacked the AFC West is and even the AFC East, I think our division only sends two teams (at most) to the playoffs.

CIN: 13-4, 2 seed
BAL: 11-6, 5 seed
CLE: 9-8
PIT: 6-11

Not picking on you, but if the Bengals go 13-4, they will be a 1 seed.  Way too much talent for any one team to do better than that, IMHO.  
Reply/Quote
(03-27-2022, 10:55 PM)bfine32 Wrote: 1. CINCINNATI BENGALS

2-4. WHO CARES

[Image: 200.gif]

When bfine is on, he's on. 
Reply/Quote