Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Prediction Changes?
For as vanilla and a glorified practice preseason game #1 was supposed to be, many here have taken away a lot.

Has anyone 'taken away' anything from this vanilla glorified practice to tweak their season/post season predictions for this team?

I still stand at 8-8 with NE and Pitt in the AFC title game, Patriots and Packers in SB, Patriots repeat as SB champions, tying Pittsburgh with 6 titles!

(That's what the NFL prefers.)
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2017, 09:56 AM)bengalguy71 Wrote: For as vanilla and a glorified practice preseason game #1 was supposed to be, many here have taken away a lot.

Has anyone 'taken away' anything from this vanilla glorified practice to tweak their season/post season predictions for this team?

I still stand at 8-8 with NE and Pitt in the AFC title game, Patriots and Packers in SB, Patriots repeat as SB champions, tying Pittsburgh with 6 titles!

Not enough to change my expectations. I'm hoping the OL improves enough by end of preseason to not be a liability.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I haven't seen enough yet, Im still sticking with my 8-8 prediction but I'm leaning towards it being worse now. I don't trust our offensive line. At all. I wish I could but everything I've seen and heard has been discouraging at best.

I agree with your super bowl prediction, and the result OP. Should be a good one
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2017, 11:17 AM)Pat5775 Wrote: I haven't seen enough yet, Im still sticking with my 8-8 prediction but I'm leaning towards it being worse now. I don't trust our offensive line. At all. I wish I could but everything I've seen and heard has been discouraging at best.

I agree with your super bowl prediction, and the result OP. Should be a good one

I might tweak my 8-8 after watching game #3 against Washington.

I wish I could see game #4 because I like watching the guys fight for that 53 man roster.
Reply/Quote
We are 60-1 Super Bowl odds which ranks us 23rd. I think we are better than that.
Reply/Quote
Predictions at this point in the season are pretty much useless. Nobody knows who will or won't get injured. 
Even the great NE team can become decimated by injuries the way its happened to Baltimore. 
Be that as it may I'll predict a great season for the heroes of the Ohio river and we take the division crown once again. After that is anyone's guess. 
I want to believe we break through and finally win in the playoffs and beyond, but we still have to win the division and I think we can. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
I started with 10 or 11 wins, and I stick to that....
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2017, 09:56 AM)bengalguy71 Wrote: For as vanilla and a glorified practice preseason game #1 was supposed to be, many here have taken away a lot.

Nah. I prefer not to be like a feather in the wind, changing directions non-stop. 

I don't have a record prediction but i do have a good feeling going into the season, after seeing the team on the field for the first time. I didn't have that good feeling after seeing them last year. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
I still say 10 win season. Even more if the O-line gets their shit together. Defense, ST & skill positions are there.
Reply/Quote
I'm sticking with Titans @ Patriots and Bucs @ Cowboys... with the SB being Patriots vs Bucs, Patriots win.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Thumbs Down 
I'm going with 6-10. One game doesn't make a season,but I wasn't overly impressed with the DEF in that first half. The whole game just seemed like one big scrimmage to me!
Reply/Quote
I was originally at around 10 wins, but now I see our defense leading us to 13
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
WAY too much being read into the first preseason game. You almost want the OL to struggle at this point, so their challenges can be identified and worked on. I wouldn't base a season prediction on any preseason game, especially the first one, or even the 3rd game, when the starters get more snaps. The starting skill players probably won't even sniff the field for the 4th game. I'm reserving judgement on the season...based on not enough meaningful information. I'll chime in after the first game when the line up is set and the team actually game plans for an opponent.
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2017, 03:03 PM)BMK Wrote: WAY too much being read into the first preseason game.

Pffft. I'm basing the change in my prediction on today's practice.  ThumbsUp
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2017, 03:06 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Pffft. I'm basing the change in my prediction on today's practice.  ThumbsUp

WAIT!! It was rumored that today, shortly after the lunch break,  Andy Dalton had a hangnail. THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING!!
Reply/Quote
10-6 Wild Card or Division title.. a home win in playoffs either way
Reply/Quote
I am sticking with 12-4 and a Super Bowl victory, over the Saints....

Which is weird because I think the Seahawks are the team to beat coming out of the NFC.
Reply/Quote
I predict we stayed tied for 1st place till at least. 9/11
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2017, 02:25 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Nah. I prefer not to be like a feather in the wind, changing directions non-stop. 

I don't have a record prediction but i do have a good feeling going into the season, after seeing the team on the field for the first time. I didn't have that good feeling after seeing them last year. 

You are a non feather in the wind with no prediction?  That's an oxymoron isn't it?

Feather in the winds, change after the season starts.

My prediction probably won't change, even after preseason game #3 but to change a prediction AFTER the season starts is definitely a feather in the wind and the prediction gets easier as the games come and go.
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2017, 03:03 PM)BMK Wrote: WAY too much being read into the first preseason game. You almost want the OL to struggle at this point, so their challenges can be identified and worked on. I wouldn't base a season prediction on any preseason game, especially the first one, or even the 3rd game, when the starters get more snaps.  The starting skill players probably won't even sniff the field for the 4th game. I'm reserving judgement on the season...based on not enough meaningful information. I'll chime in after the first game when the line up is set and the team actually game plans for an opponent.

After the first game is too late. 
Reply/Quote