Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Prediction Changes?
(08-16-2017, 07:00 PM)TKUHL Wrote: Who are the 3, where is all this sudden confidence in Bodine coming from. We lost 2/5 of our line, and that was the good part of the line and they still played horrible. I don't think it's a stretch to see our line ranked last in the NFL.

Bodine has moved beyond horrible to somewhere near okay.  The young guys on the right have shown promise.  It could actually be 4/5 being okay.  And okay will be enough to be able to use all the great weapons.  If CedO can at least slow people down, we might have a shot.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(08-19-2017, 01:34 PM)McC Wrote: Bodine has moved beyond horrible to somewhere near okay.  The young guys on the right have shown promise.  It could actually be 4/5 being okay.  And okay will be enough to be able to use all the great weapons.  If CedO can at least slow people down, we might have a shot.

Exactly. Tkuhl isn't taking into account that Boling, Bodine, Hopkins and Fisher all played very good against a very good
front in Tampa either. The run blocking was exceptional and even Og looked good blocking in the run game. To say they
all played horrible is idiotic.

Sorry Tkuhl but that post is laughable, thank God i am laughing cause if it was true we would be in big trouble.

Westerman also played another very good Preseason game and Lechler, Og's backup played well.

This was better than i expected, today we will have another great challenge with KC's front. Love it.

When i see horrible O-line play i will call them out. So far, so good.
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2017, 01:34 PM)McC Wrote:
Bodine has moved beyond horrible to somewhere near okay
.  The young guys on the right have shown promise.  It could actually be 4/5 being okay.  And okay will be enough to be able to use all the great weapons.  If CedO can at least slow people down, we might have a shot.

Yes, as much as it humbles me to admit it, I agree with that statement.  Somehow, during the course of last season, Bodine started looking a little better.  Not sure if it was just extra effort, like getting back into a play after initially getting beat off the snap, or looking for someone to block when the Center was uncovered, or simply playing to the whistle.  Something changed in him, and the extra showed on the field.

So, my opinion of Bodine's play went from "Man, that guy is shitty" to "Well, at least he's learning to be a scrapper".
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2017, 03:26 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Yes, as much as it humbles me to admit it, I agree with that statement.  Somehow, during the course of last season, Bodine started looking a little better.  Not sure if it was just extra effort, like getting back into a play after initially getting beat off the snap, or looking for someone to block when the Center was uncovered, or simply playing to the whistle.  Something changed in him, and the extra showed on the field.

So, my opinion of Bodine's play went from "Man, that guy is shitty" to "Well, at least he's learning to be a scrapper".

True, i didn't expect it either and have been one of Bodine's biggest critics.

He still whiffed on one run block badly but overall in that game Bodine played very well.

We will give him props when he plays well. I used to really like MJ and Sims, until they played poorly.

No favorites here.
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2017, 02:07 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Exactly. Tkuhl isn't taking into account that Boling, Bodine, Hopkins and Fisher all played very good against a very good
front in Tampa either. The run blocking was exceptional and even Og looked good blocking in the run game. To say they
all played horrible is idiotic.

Sorry Tkuhl but that post is laughable, thank God i am laughing cause if it was true we would be in big trouble.

Westerman also played another very good Preseason game and Lechler, Og's backup played well.

This was better than i expected, today we will have another great challenge with KC's front. Love it.

When i see horrible O-line play i will call them out. So far, so good.

Still think we are 4/5 OK? Look I hope I'm wrong and this oline just blows us away and overachieves this year but it's not looking very promising. At least they looked better than the D. There was little if anything to take away from this KC game. Smith should be starting over Johnson, Erickson continues to make plays but I wouldn't be surprised if he gets cut. I know it's pre season but if they look like this next week in the first quarter we are in for a long season.
Reply/Quote
Still holding to 8-8 but next week may change that.
Reply/Quote
Ok, since we are no longer undefeated, I'll have to revise my previous prediction that the Bengals will win the Super Bowl.

At this point, they'll be lucky to win a game or two..

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2017, 10:25 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Ok, since we are no longer undefeated, I'll have to revise my previous prediction that the Bengals will win the Super Bowl.

At this point, they'll be lucky to win a game or two..

We need a lot of work to be able to get one or two.

Reply/Quote